Thread: hows the ai in this mod

MR.Buttons's Avatar Foederatus

Default hows the ai in this mod

how is the campaign and battle ai. is campaign ai aggressive if not can you point to a ai mod that's compatible with this one. sorry if there is any bad grammer

MR.Buttons's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: hows the ai in this mod

thanks da Vinci and jam for making this great mod and all of the beta testers and historians for their work. and I can confirm that the ai in this mod is awesome. thanks dev team

Default Re: hows the ai in this mod

Well, AI is still AI, but it has it's moments. Examples: It dynamically reacts to your strength and weaknesses. At war with two of your neighbours, you can barely hold them back? Chances are, your thirhd neighbour that never really liked you anyway will declared war and invade you, too.
    Your military presence makes a lot of a difference: If you have a good army, your neighbours are less likely to declare war on you or attack you. If you seem weak to them, they'll do it more frequently. If you are not careful, they even go for the throat: As Prussia I recently was a little bit too careless when I took my whole army to lay siege on Prague. Austria seized the moment, marched from Silesia directly on Berlin and before I could turn back to defend it, I had lost my capital and almost the game.
    Conversely, you can threaten especially minor powers with your military strength. Appearing with a superior army in their homeland is often enough to make them sue for peace - if they can, they'll even pay a hefty sum for it.
    Of course the battle AI still does stupid stuff like suicidal cavalry charges and chicken dancings in front of your lines on occasion. But as long as you don't abuse it's flaws, they don't spoil the experience. There even are those rare moments when the battle AI somehow manages to completely ruin my battle plan and leaves me crying at the loss of half my army of experienced troops - losing too many of them can be decisive, especially if you play without replenishment.