Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-15-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

I misunderstood. I thought you meant you c couldn't recruit them as the Roman factions. You mean the ai doesn't. I'll look into it this weekend

Cleomenes III's Avatar Civis

Are the Cohorts supposed to be only 160 men?

Ego sum Attila flagellum Dei

Yup

SirHiggins's Avatar Libertus

And if i'm right, i have to build roman barracks in every province to recruit all of the legions?
    And what if i lost the province where the legion was recruited?
    Is it possible to refill the losses of Legio II.Augusta in Italy for example?

Quote Originally Posted by SirHiggins View Post
    And if i'm right, i have to build roman barracks in every province to recruit all of the legions?
    And what if i lost the province where the legion was recruited?
    Is it possible to refill the losses of Legio II.Augusta in Italy for example?
    Look at the AOR map in the OP. It details who's recruited where. If you wanna recruit all of them, yes one barracks per province. Even if you lose every city in a province but one as long as that last city has your barracks inside you'll still be able to recruit the legions if your cultural influence is high enough. Also, no matter what Legion you recruit from where it'll replenish no matter what provinces you have them in

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    I misunderstood. I thought you meant you c couldn't recruit them as the Roman factions. You mean the ai doesn't. I'll look into it this weekend
    as far as I know the cdir_military_unit_qualities are not added for the different legion variants. This is why the AI can not recruit them

I'll chek on that when I get out of bird

Foederatus

I'm a little confused as to when you can start recruiting the region specific legionaires? I'm post marian, and I can still only recruit normal legionaires, veteran legionaires and socii legionairii extraordinairi. Do I have to wait until I can start recruiting Imperial legionaires?

Quote Originally Posted by largejack View Post
    I'm a little confused as to when you can start recruiting the region specific legionaires? I'm post marian, and I can still only recruit normal legionaires, veteran legionaires and socii legionairii extraordinairi. Do I have to wait until I can start recruiting Imperial legionaires?
    Make sure you've researched the unit upgrade technology. It's needed once imperial reforms have occurred to recruit imperial legions & upgrade Marian units. Also, no matter which campaign your playing (HatG - - >haven't done it yet) make sure you stay a new campaign of this is your first time using the mod. Let me know if that works
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; October 22, 2014 at 06:38 AM.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    Make sure you've researched the unit upgrade technology. It's needed once imperial reforms have occurred to recruit imperial legions & upgrade Marian units. Also, no matter which campaign your playing (HatG - - >haven't done it yet) make sure you stay a new campaign of this is your first time using the mod. Let me know if that works
    Thanks, I'm still not really sure what you mean, the axillary troops seem to be working as there is a nice description for each one when you hover over the unit? I'm currently at pre-Imperial legion stage, and I've updated all manipular units to legionary status (if that is what you mean by upgrade technology??) although the manipular units are still available for recruitment as well. I'm currently about 15 turns away from completing the next level (legion ((or Imperial)) reforms I thinks it's called- takes about 35 turns) after the Marian reform stage. I'll let you know what happens then?

Basically, as far as I'm aware, I have everything updated properly to match the Marian legion standard, and at this moment I only have the option to recruit generic legionaires, vets and soccii extraordinaire no matter what region. I'm just not sure if that is normal or not? I hope it works because I've used it with Toons before, and I was very impressed with the immersion the uniquely designed legions created.

One last thing, your mod is stand alone isn't it, or do you need the original mod as well?
    Last edited by largejack; October 22, 2014 at 11:12 AM.

You need the main DEI too. Also if this is your first time using the mod it requires a new campaign start

**UPDATE **Did that work?
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; October 23, 2014 at 03:14 PM.

I have the same problem as largejack. My submods include a 24 TPY, if that happens to change anything. I can see the units in custom battle, but can never get them as Rome in the campaign. Even maxing out reform level and barracks level does not allow recruitment. Upgrade unit research is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesthione View Post
    I have the same problem as largejack. My submods include a 24 TPY, if that happens to change anything. I can see the units in custom battle, but can never get them as Rome in the campaign. Even maxing out reform level and barracks level does not allow recruitment. Upgrade unit research is completed.
    Yours isn't working because of your turns per year mod. Turns per year mods edit the startpos. Which means they overwrite mine. Dresden had already included my startpos edits (AOR tags for each province) in the main DEI 0.96e. My startpos wasn't added in until the d or e revision which were done in October. The last update to turns per year submods was in September according to the post log. More than likely the submod startpos doesn't contain my startpos edits & is overwriting the main DEI startpos that does contain my edits. See the conflict & why you can't recruit my legions in campaign now? To get my mod working again & still use 24 turns per year do this.
    1 quit using 24 turns per year submod
    2 get editsf from here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Array-Editing
    3 get pfm from here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...a-improvements
    4 extract the startpos for whichever campaign you want to play from the main DEI 0.96e pack
    5 open that startpos with editsf & follow these instructions to change it to 24 turns per year
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-II-total-war
    6 after editing the startpos with your 24 turns per year open dei 0.96e with pfm again
    7 whichever startpos you extracted to edit earlier is still in the 0.96e pack. Delete the one in the pack & save. Then import the startpos you edited back into the pack & save. Reason I say this is sometimes if you just import your edits it won't always overwrite the old file still present. That's why I delete the old file in the pack, save, then import my edited file, save.
    8 don't use the old 24 turns per year mod, load caesar's legions above dei 0.96e & enjoy. Don't forget to start a new campaign.
    9 repeat these steps for Grand Campaign & Imperator Augustus to get 24 turns per year in both. CiG already is in 24 turns per year from vanilla. Even though HatG had Marian era legions in it, I didn't discover this until recently & haven't enabled the legions in that campaign
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; October 25, 2014 at 05:35 AM.

Thanks for the detailed instructions! I'll start a new campaign shortly and let you know if the edited startpos fixes the problem.

Thanks for the detailed instructions! I'll start a new campaign shortly and let you know if the edited startpos fixes the problem.
    Your welcome & no problem dude. Lemme know how it works out.

Caesar! i was very busy this weeks..i donīt know if thereīs any progress on your work with this mod...any news? how works the steam version? itīs avaliable now??

Thanks for all! =) hope you will be fine!

The edit worked. Thanks for the advice! My only complaint is that the Marian Legions are sized at 80, which makes them horribly unuseful against a normal (120) sized DEI unit in that era.

The edit worked. Thanks for the advice! My only complaint is that the Marian Legions are sized at 80, which makes them horribly unuseful against a normal (120) sized DEI unit in that era.
    Your welcome dude. Glad it worked! I'll look into the unit number issue & see if I can load a quick fix for you or give you instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    Caesar! i was very busy this weeks..i donīt know if thereīs any progress on your work with this mod...any news? how works the steam version? itīs avaliable now??

Thanks for all! =) hope you will be fine!
    A lot has been changed. I rebalanced the AOR system for gameplay. A few legions sacrificed historical accuracy to ensure game play balance. Now pretty much every region recruits a legion and the same region will recruit the same legion during both reform eras. Also, a few other fixes and what-nots. Check the changelog for full details. The IAMRS is also fixed. Right now I'm working on creating my own "Legion" mod to release as my own work instead of continuing more updates to Franky235's Caesar's Legions. I'll post some preview pics soon.

Hello!

Had a quick look at this mod with the Ceasar campaign and it looks like excellent work!

One thing I did notice though, was that the 9th Legion was numbered as VIIII rather than IX. Is it intentional?

Good news then! =) glad to ear that! you diserve a mod for your-self, you made hard work on this! Thanks, i will test your updates early! maybe i wait until the new update of DEI