Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-05-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    The diference is the filter or something right? i prefer option 2, itīs more simple ( like DEI unit card style ) and the unique shield of the legion is clearly defined, but i think the skin and helmet could be better without paint, I think the most important is the vision of variant shields in each Legion, like Kaziel made with thouse cards.

The eagle symbol itīs really nice, maybe a little bit up, becouse itīs to close to the figure. Great work mate! I hope you know something more about my problem with the IA marian reform start. =) Thanks for all!
    I still haven't had a chance to test the IA MRS yet dude. I'm fixing to though. The eagle symbol is positioned there because originally I had it a lil farther away and further up but while in game it got cut off by the UI border around unit cards. As for the skin and helmet paints, I'm using this as a comparison:

A user on the forums somewhere had uploaded this in a thread where a lot of people were discussing CA's vanilla unit cards before the game was released. I've got to add a "dirty" mosaic background to the unit cards too but I think it would look good like that. The horses are painted everything. Its similar to Red figure style pottery, well, kinda Lol.

I prefer, only with variant shield color, with the black colour on the helmet, skin, etc and for the mosaic...if itīs not the same for all cards..it will be a little bit strange, maybe with the black line on skin and helmet, etc will be better and clear, but itīs a fantastic work, like i told you! =) when it could be ready?

Please dude, test the IA MRS when you could, i donīt know if itīs only me or itīs another kind of issue. Thanks Caesar!

Icon4 Re: **UPDATE**10-05-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

I prefer, only with variant shield color, with the black colour on the helmet, skin, etc and for the mosaic...if itīs not the same for all cards..it will be a little bit strange, maybe with the black line on skin and helmet, etc will be better and clear, but itīs a fantastic work, like i told you! =) when it could be ready?

Please dude, test the IA MRS when you could, i donīt know if itīs only me or itīs another kind of issue. Thanks Caesar!
    I'm testing the IA MRS submod now....
    Done testing here are results:
    Mods used: DEI, CL, IA MSR

Recruit MARIAN units at campaign start

The Imperial Reforms

B4 Upgrading Units

AFTER Upgrading Units

It works fine dude on my end. Also, thats what my new Legion cards look like next to others. You gotta remember eventually I plan on doing all of the vanilla cards as well. I've still got to add my background to each card though.
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; October 06, 2014 at 05:31 AM. Reason: UPDATED the post after testing

So you think itīs a bug with another graphic mod? itīs very rare...could you made a revision of the link of IA MRS? Thanks!

What are you gonna do finally with the unit cards? only shield colored?

So you think itīs a bug with another graphic mod? itīs very rare...could you made a revision of the link of IA MRS? Thanks!

What are you gonna do finally with the unit cards? only shield colored?
    Just update the file in my Google Drive and the DL link. Also, I think I've come down to these 2 --> not sure yet. Notice though, how even without the black, each card still retains the white outline around each section of the UI against either background. I'd really like a background similar to the Red Figure/Black Figure vases the unit cards in vanilla are originally based off of BUT haven't found suitable texture yet.

Then again, I might not even use a background @ all.
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; October 06, 2014 at 06:18 AM.

Love thouse two mosaic textures! i think first mosaic better, becouse taht makes contrast with the white line of the figure! =) Great work dude! iīm waiting to see the complete redone ready to play! =)

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-06-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

I have CDT when use "Imperator Augustus MARIAN ERA"

Itīs the same for me, but i donīt know what is CDT, maybe some kind of bug, Caesar are you sure than the link ir right? and is compatible with CL?

Yeah I don't know why you keep getting CTDs. It works in my end. What other mods so you have enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    Yeah I don't know why you keep getting CTDs. It works in my end. What other mods so you have enabled?
    i use DEI, your mod CL, Gem, Constantine part I and II ( but not activated when i tested ) better siege weapons texture, better elephants and horses texture, better blood texture and Special Effects by Mech_Donald.
    And I see another thing, imperial unit card still have bulldog style, i think you made it only marian for now right? take your time and rest

By the way...you didnīt put the mosaic at the end? i think itīs a good idea!
    Thatīs all, hope you could help me! Salve Caesar! =)
    Last edited by Marcus Flavius; October 06, 2014 at 05:54 PM.

i use DEI, your mod CL, Gem, Constantine part I and II ( but not activated when i tested ) better siege weapons texture, better elephants and horses texture, better blood texture and Special Effects by Mech_Donald.
    And I see another thing, imperial unit card still have bulldog style, i think you made it only marian for now right? take your time and rest

By the way...you didnīt put the mosaic at the end? i think itīs a good idea!
    Thatīs all, hope you could help me! Salve Caesar! =)
    I know using DEI 0.96c1, the IA MSR submod, CL, and the Alt CL UI, plus Authentic Ancient World UI and Aztecs Lighting it works. It should be working for you. Try this, because I dont play the other mods you mentioned and aren't familiar with them. Try running the game with just DEI. Then DEI and CL. The DEI, CL, and IA MRS. Ive had to do this in the past myself when playing with so many mods to find out which is incompatible. Post back on here when the game finally CTDs which mod you were trying to load at that time.

P.S. Also, Marcus, if any of those mods affect the startpos files, they won't be compatible with Caesar's Legions.
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; October 07, 2014 at 04:33 AM.

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-07-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

So everyone knows, I've completed the Recolor of the Vanilla cards and updated the link in the OP for those that don't use Bullgod. I am reworking the AOR system now. When finished 2 options will be available. The 1st, in the mod, will have the same Legions recruitable in the same provinces regardless of the reform era. The second option will be a dynamic historically accurate version for hardcore players, offered as a minimod downloadable that will change the AOR region of the Legions based on which reform era your in.
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; October 07, 2014 at 04:37 AM.

So everyone knows, I've completed the Recolor of the Vanilla cards and updated the link in the OP for those that don't use Bullgod. I am reworking the AOR system now. When finished 2 options will be available. The 1st, in the mod, will have the same Legions recruitable in the same provinces regardless of the reform era. The second option will be a dynamic historically accurate version for hardcore players, offered as a minimod downloadable that will change the AOR region of the Legions based on which reform era your in.
    Awesome! =) Iīm a hardcore player! It will be necessary to start a new campaign before your AORsystem reform? but you donīt think it gonna be to much mini-sub mod?
    By the way, tonight i see imperial unit cards with bulldog style, and in the load screen before the battle, all unit cards, roman an others have these strange white mosaic in the cards, you note this?

Thanks for all!
    Last edited by Marcus Flavius; October 07, 2014 at 05:04 AM.

Dude...i test it only with DEI ( 4 steam parts ) and CL and IA MRS, nothing more enabled...and itīs still crashing at the Rome II EE load screen...maybe itīs not me? please, could you check it one more time? what i have to do to play with this mini sub-mod? by the way, my other mods are graphics, not startpost changes, only DEI made this, and Constantine, but like i told you, itīs not enabled when I play it

Quote Originally Posted by pinewood View Post
    I have CDT when use "Imperator Augustus MARIAN ERA"
    What other mods are you using? It should load first before Caesars Legion, then CL, then DEI if your using the official mod manager. Also, any mods you're using that affect the startpos will be incompatible with CL right now because I use the startpos file for my AOR system.

Awesome! =) Iīm a hardcore player! It will be necessary to start a new campaign before your AORsystem reform? but you donīt think it gonna be to much mini-sub mod?
    By the way, tonight i see imperial unit cards with bulldog style, and in the load screen before the battle, all unit cards, roman an others have these strange white mosaic in the cards, you note this?

Thanks for all!
    Yes. I added them in. I just took the vanilla unit card backgrounds and turned them into mosaics. Im probably going to remove them though. The AOR system will require a new campaign start but I haven't uploaded the updates yet so no need right now. The mod will contain a more balanced AOR system where legions will stay in same AOR thropugh each reform but the hardcore system will be the same as what is currently in the mod where they change AOR after each reform based on where they were during the reform.
    Dude...i test it only with DEI ( 4 steam parts ) and CL and IA MRS, nothing more enabled...and itīs still crashing at the Rome II EE load screen...maybe itīs not me? please, could you check it one more time? what i have to do to play with this mini sub-mod? by the way, my other mods are graphics, not startpost changes, only DEI made this, and Constantine, but like i told you, itīs not enabled when I play it
    I just loaded up a game with only DEI, CL, and IA MRS and it loaded all the way to Imperator Augustus campaign map. Im not sure why you keep getting CTD. Until I update the startpos in IA MRS that will be incompatible with CL anyways. I dont why you keep having CTDs though man. Its loading up fine on mine.

XIIICaesar, sorry for straightness, but I think that the card icon with a mosaic in a dirty style with shields from the children themselves, or imposed Bulldog will it all looks filthy also spoils the atmosphere of the strict historical mod. In my view if it is not possible to make the icons are the same as makes the Kaziel, then the best option is to restore the old vanilla icons with Roman numerals. I'm after. I saw with icons in the arrays and mosaics and after seeing the style icons Bulldog removed all the mod and play without submods is now unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAL View Post
    XIIICaesar, sorry for straightness, but I think that the card icon with a mosaic in a dirty style with shields from the children themselves, or imposed Bulldog will it all looks filthy also spoils the atmosphere of the strict historical mod. In my view if it is not possible to make the icons are the same as makes the Kaziel, then the best option is to restore the old vanilla icons with Roman numerals. I'm after. I saw with icons in the arrays and mosaics and after seeing the style icons Bulldog removed all the mod and play without submods is now unfortunately.
    Have you downloaded the current vanilla style alternate unit cards I have in the original post at the beginning of the thread? I didn't do any special effects or anything to them and the mosaic background should also be removed too if not I'll have to take it out tonight. But the unit cards themselves are vanilla style in color that's it. No mosaics or anything like that.

Have you downloaded the current vanilla style alternate unit cards I have in the original post at the beginning of the thread? I didn't do any special effects or anything to them and the mosaic background should also be removed too if not I'll have to take it out tonight. But the unit cards themselves are vanilla style in color that's it. No mosaics or anything like that.
    Good. I carefully look for updates. In any event with the legions to play much better.

Of the examples that were in previous versions of the most adequate looks more of simple stylein my view.
    The style icons Bulldog also interesting, but of delayed flirty right foot soldiers resemble hookers on the track. The best view in the latest in Kazielyaf. But the most rigorous and desirable - original.

Last edited by ROMAL; October 07, 2014 at 08:07 AM.

What other mods are you using? It should load first before Caesars Legion, then CL, then DEI if your using the official mod manager. Also, any mods you're using that affect the startpos will be incompatible with CL right now because I use the startpos file for my AOR system.
    I don't know why but game is still crushing. I use only DEI, CL and IA MRS, nothing more enabled. I'm using the official mod manager

Don't know what's wrong but Steam workshop says it downloaded the mod, yet it won't show up in the data folder or mod manager.