Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-4-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Hi, XIIICaesar! Thanks one more time for great work, but i find some bug here (but it may be only my problem ) - your legions have much less range of motion than other roman forces

Imperator Augustus campaign 1 turn - starting army range of motion

And 2 turn - with Legio I Germanica cohort

Hi I have a Question about the Legions.
    The First Legions of marian reform, the centurio has this semicircle on his helm. And thex have the Banner of the Legion with eagle.
    But The normal Legions Centurio (marian reform) has not this Semicircle. is this Historical Correct ?
    And then They have the Standard whis the hand in the circle again ? is it normal or why the **** do i have this ?

i load this mod at first and i have no other mods than Dei and a battlemod GEM GBJ_blood Pack ^^

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    FYI this is wrong. Julius Caesar was in the Marian period. Gaius Marius was his uncle. The Marian Reforms happened in 107BCE. Julius Caesar was alive from 100-44BCE. The Second Triumvirate period (Imperator Augustus DLC) was from 43-33BCE. The imperial reforms (not a real thing) came about around the time of 1CE. The soldiers at Teutoberg Forest in 9CE had some of the "imperial" armour (lorica segmentata).

Hope that helps.

I've been designing and using mods to make the game as historically accurate to the timeframe, so I'm using 1TPY. I've currently got Lucius Aemelius Paulus and his son Publius Aemilianus Cornelius Scipio attacking the Macedonians in 150BCE. Pretty good right?
    Yes. Thats true. The name of the unit in Franky's original mod's dB files are there are earlyromanI-XV, aaaromanI-XXII lateI-XXII. Legio V-XIIII were all used by Caesar through the Gallic Wars. So, I enabled those units in CiG only. Then You have the"aaaroman" units which number Legio I-XXII that are also Marian but only recruitable during the Marian reforms after GC/IA. Imperial "lateroman" units are recruitable after Imperial reforms in the GC/IA. The reason the "earlyrom" & "aaarom" units aren't both recruitable in GC/IA during Marian reforms is they have same Legio numbers. So, it made more sense balance-wise to just have the "earlyrom" units only recruitable in CiG. The early republican, late republican/marian, and imperial you see anyone referring to these units like thats how I refer to them as well. mIts just easeir when talking about or referencing them Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    Sorry..but i donīt understand that xD. Why the alternative version donīt need updates? itīs like the other versions right? only without bulldog style
    The alternate version will just be uploaded here as a minimod download in the OP. Reason being its only gonna be the vanilla unit cards, not the whole mod. Itll be maybe 10 MB in size , thats it. All it'll be is the units card UI and the variants dB file, you just load it before Caesars Legions and it'll overwrite the Bullgod cards in Caesar's Legions.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 05, 2014 at 04:09 PM. Reason: dp/merged

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    The alternate version will just be uploaded here as a minimod download in the OP. Reason being its only gonna be the vanilla unit cards, not the whole mod. Itll be maybe 10 MB in size , thats it. All it'll be is the units card UI and the variants dB file, you just load it before Caesars Legions and it'll overwrite the Bullgod cards in Caesar's Legions.
    Oh thanks mate, so thereīs so simple than it doný need to be updated like the whole mod right?

By the way, to start IA with marian reforms...i need youre CL for DEI and the IA start on marian reforms?? thouse two mods?

Quote Originally Posted by John_the_Prince View Post
    Hi, XIIICaesar! Thanks one more time for great work, but i find some bug here (but it may be only my problem ) - your legions have much less range of motion than other roman forces

Imperator Augustus campaign 1 turn - starting army range of motion

And 2 turn - with Legio I Germanica cohort
    I'll look into. The original Caesar's Legions mod I updated was last for DEI 0.8 before I updated it. Probably just outdated movement range.

Sorry but..whatīs the OP? and please, when you get it could you rename it for the users without unofficial mod manager? like me? =) jajaja Thanks for all, iīm waiting tonight to start a new campaign IA and see the marian reform there!

Oh thanks mate, so thereīs so simple than it doný need to be updated like the whole mod right?

By the way, to start IA with marian reforms...i need youre CL for DEI and the IA start on marian reforms?? thouse two mods?
    Yeah. If you're using the Unofficial MM, load the IA Marian Start first, then CL DEI, then DEI. It should load first, B4 CL DEI & DEI, even if you use the Official MM though. I'm updating the link now.

Sorry but..whatīs the OP? and please, when you get it could you rename it for the users without unofficial mod manager? like me? =) jajaja Thanks for all, iīm waiting tonight to start a new campaign IA and see the marian reform there!
    Dont feel bad. Took me forever to figure it out too. OP=Original Post. The post in beginning of thread where all mod info and DL links are. I just renamed the IA Marian Reform so that it should load before the
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 05, 2014 at 04:06 PM. Reason: dp/merged

Daizus's Avatar Foederatus

I play with Octavian. My roman opponents do not recruit number legions. They recruit only custom legionaries and more cohorts evocata. This is normal?

Dont feel bad. Took me forever to figure it out too. OP=Original Post. The post in beginning of thread where all mod info and DL links are. I just renamed the IA Marian Reform so that it should load before the
    Again..thanks mate! =) tonight is the night! jajaja if i could help you with anything...iīm history student and reenactment form many groups of spain.

Again..thanks mate! =) tonight is the night! jajaja if i could help you with anything...iīm history student and reenactment form many groups of spain.
    Right now I'm adding redoing the unit abilities for the Legions in Caesars Legions. I'll also post the Vanilla UI cards recolor soon.

Right now I'm adding redoing the unit abilities for the Legions in Caesars Legions. I'll also post the Vanilla UI cards recolor soon.
    Thanks! hope donīt need to start another campaign...

Caesar! i canīt start the game, since i put IA with marian reform! you know that problem?

with this mini sub-mod ( in the OP xd ) donīt work, maybe itīs not completlly compatible, i test without it and the game start well! iīm starting C in G until you got it!
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 05, 2014 at 04:07 PM. Reason: triple posts/merged

Gents, please don't make consecutive posts (double, triple posts, etc.) just for the sake of increasing the post count. Use the edit or multi-quote functions to reply in a single post, if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax View Post
    Gents, please don't make consecutive posts (double, triple posts, etc.) just for the sake of increasing the post count. Use the edit or multi-quote functions to reply in a single post, if needed.
    Sorry sir, thanks for the edited =)

Just wanted to say great work, now my favorite sub mod for my favorite mod!

As someone already pointed out, it'd be awesome if the movement issue could be fixed (I'm moving Antony's army to Syria and it's taking forrrrevvver)
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Abreas View Post
    Just wanted to say great work, now my favorite sub mod for my favorite mod!

As someone already pointed out, it'd be awesome if the movement issue could be fixed (I'm moving Antony's army to Syria and it's taking forrrrevvver)
    Cheers
    Im searching the forums now to find out how to change it

Uploading an update that changes the campaign movement points now to Steam.

Thanks! hope donīt need to start another campaign...

Caesar! i canīt start the game, since i put IA with marian reform! you know that problem?

with this mini sub-mod ( in the OP xd ) donīt work, maybe itīs not completlly compatible, i test without it and the game start well! iīm starting C in G until you got it!
    It worked when I tried it out. What didnt work for you? And what mods are you using?

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-05-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

I need opinions. I been editing the vanilla unit cards, recoloring them and I need opinions on which looks better people.
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; October 05, 2014 at 11:37 PM.

It worked when I tried it out. What didnt work for you? And what mods are you using?
    The game breaks on the load screen " Rome total war II EE ", i use DEI, your mod, Gem, Constantine part I and II ( but not activated when i tested ) better siege weapons texture, better elephants and horses texture, better blood texture and Special Effects by Mech_Donald.

What do you think?

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-05-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

I need opinions. I been editing the vanilla unit cards, recoloring them and I need opinions on which looks better people.
    The diference is the filter or something right? i prefer option 2, itīs more simple ( like DEI unit card style ) and the unique shield of the legion is clearly defined, but i think the skin and helmet could be better without paint, I think the most important is the vision of variant shields in each Legion, like Kaziel made with thouse cards.

The eagle symbol itīs really nice, maybe a little bit up, becouse itīs to close to the figure. Great work mate! I hope you know something more about my problem with the IA marian reform start. =) Thanks for all!