Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] XIIICaesar's Legions of Rome - Divide et Impera (DeI) Ed. ***6-6-2016 UPDATE***

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Icon5 Re: Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

Thise is my attempt at custom Vanilla unit cards in color. Now, most of those there are part of Kaziel's mods and his work. The 2 I did have the black arrows pointing to them. Its the Legio I while I was playing as Antony's Rome. What do you people think? The one with the red/black/white mosaic background on the left or the one without on the right?

Default Re: **UPDATE**10-4-14**Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI

With a pure white background without mosaic and dirt looks great.
    I too hate the Bullgod style children's icons. In this vanilla colored style more a strict beauty.

Same to me! good job, i prefer without mosaic ( a little bit dirty =) ) but you donīt need to coloured the helmet, with the shield it could be enough, like Kazielīs work. Thanks, we are the only fans of this most realistic unit card, not bulldog child style. But i really like the simple style that you put them now, vanilla numered unit cards! =)

By the way, i test today the sub-mod, i see the legions in custom battle too ( thanks! ) and there are tree legionary states, pre-marian ( only the legions named by Julius Caesar ) marian ( the triumvirate time ) and imperial, right??

But when i test today Augustus campaign, all legions are imperial, no marian legionaries, like it was in the real events, could you change that? Dresden didnīt do that for logistic reasons inside the mod, do you think itīs possible to get this reform in this sub-mod?

Thanks for all..i really miss the legions until you update the original mod made by Yolo, i only could imagine how far this will go with your manage, you have plans for the future??

Apreciate all your hard work on that! Caesar Imperator now !!! =)

Daizus's Avatar Foederatus

Strict beauty maybe a long drink, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAL View Post
    With a pure white background without mosaic and dirt looks great.
    I too hate the Bullgod style children's icons. In this vanilla colored style more a strict beauty.
    I thought the mosaic looked pretty good Lol. A nice touch. BUT if yall dont like it okay. What about the Eagle Standard I put in the first cohort card? Thats as big as could do it without the border cutting it off. Also the yellow you see for clothes will change based on Roman faction. Thats my mask. I colored the armour, the sword, even the skin on each card is colored instead of black. Which Imma go back and use a slightly brighter color so its more noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Daizus View Post
    Strict beauty maybe a long drink, dude!
    Thank you. I plan on doing all the Legions with their own shield textures and uploading it as an alternative mini-submod in the OP when done for people that don't like the Bullgod. I will after that, do all the unit cards, vanilla & otherwise, as well too.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 05, 2014 at 04:23 PM. Reason: dp/merged

Man, the eagle symbol itīs a good idea to know what is the first/aquilae cohort! =) and the variation of the clotheīs colour for each roman faction!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    Same to me! good job, i prefer without mosaic ( a little bit dirty =) ) but you donīt need to coloured the helmet, with the shield it could be enough, like Kazielīs work. Thanks, we are the only fans of this most realistic unit card, not bulldog child style. But i really like the simple style that you put them now, vanilla numered unit cards! =)

By the way, i test today the sub-mod, i see the legions in custom battle too ( thanks! ) and there are tree legionary states, pre-marian ( only the legions named by Julius Caesar ) marian ( the triumvirate time ) and imperial, right??

But when i test today Augustus campaign, all legions are imperial, no marian legionaries, like it was in the real events, could you change that? Dresden didnīt do that for logistic reasons inside the mod, do you think itīs possible to get this reform in this sub-mod?

Thanks for all..i really miss the legions until you update the original mod made by Yolo, i only could imagine how far this will go with your manage, you have plans for the future??

Apreciate all your hard work on that! Caesar Imperator now !!! =)
    I do have plans for it. I'm gonna redo all the vanilla cards for each individual legion with a unique shield and full color like the preview as a mini-submod alternative to Bullgod found in main mod. Then, I'm gonna expand upon that to redo all vanilla cards and otherwise vanilla version cards for dei unit and what-nots in color. I am working on updating the DEI CL now. RADIOUS/VANILLA are basically the same & more or less complete except for tweaking and balancing the AOR system. DEI requires more work due to scripts. I'm working on that right now.

the alternative mini-sub mod will be avaliable on steam workshop?

Man, the eagle symbol itīs a good idea to know what is the first/aquilae cohort! =) and the variation of the clotheīs colour for each roman faction!
    Yeah, I redone the unit masks to only change the color of the units clothes/tunic. Also, 3 Versions of Legions in DEI CL: #1) Early Republican - mostly raised during Gallic Wars & before so thats why they're in CiG campaign #2) Late Republican/Marian Legionnaires from time of Marian reforms to right after the 2nd Triumvirate war. #3)Imperial Legionnaires after Imperial/Augustinian reforms. Imp Legio recruitable in Augustus campaign from the start instead of Marian because he wanted this: HatG starts in Polybian Era, CiG starts Marian Era, GC starts Camillian Era, IA starts Imp Era. That way each campaign starts in different era. I just loaded up with new scripts and it works. I've got to message Dresden and ask him to remove the unit card masks leftover from the old historical legions submod in the main DEI mod. Im fixing to see if I can change the starting reform for IA.... stay logged on....

Thanks dude...really apreciate all of this, youīre very compromise with this sub-mod, and seriouslly, i love that!

I think IA campaign should be starting in marian reform ( and be available to get imperial reform when the campaign are advanced ) like it was in the real events.
    When are you gonna get the alternative of bulldog style cards? I want to start a campaign right now..but seriouslly, i hate that jajaja =)

the alternative mini-sub mod will be avaliable on steam workshop?
    No. Once complete it'll be complete no need to keep updating it. I'll post a link in the steam workshop description to this thread here for people that want it. As for Vanilla units and their cards yes Ill post that on steam as I update it.

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    No. Once complete it'll be complete no need to keep updating it. I'll post a link in the steam workshop description to this thread here for people that want it. As for Vanilla units and their cards yes Ill post that on steam as I update it.
    Sorry..but i donīt understand that xD. Why the alternative version donīt need updates? itīs like the other versions right? only without bulldog style

Well, alright. I'll upload it to the Steam Workshop. It'll update a lot though and until I finish all of them it'll be a mix of Bullgod & VANILLA. I'll name the pack file so that it'll load before the Caesars Legions mod. I think I found the script your wanting to start in Marian reforms in Imperator Augustus campaign too. Litharion, the guy that does scripting for DEI, released a submod for that. I'm checking it out now. Hang on a sec Ill let you know what its like.... Him and Dresden had A LOT of people complaining the mod wasnt historical anymore and why Imperator Augustus campaign wasnt Marian instead all kinds of stuff. Heres a link to the thread --> I really dont see what the fuss was about, yeah you want historical accuracy but you gotta think about gameplay balance too; thats why Ive gotta rebalance the AOR system I wentoo historical and didnt balance enough<--

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Marian-Reforms

Its not compatible with Caesars Legions gimme a minute and Ill see if I can make it compatible.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 05, 2014 at 04:08 PM. Reason: dp/merged

Yeah, man i saw the sub-mod offer with Litharion, should i wait until you get it work with Caesar Legions? Thanks for make all that possible! =)

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

So far it's just for personal use, but just so you guys know I've gone ahead and replaced about half of Franky's UI cards with Scaevola's . The remaining half will take a lot more work, of course.

XIIICaesar, your/Kaziel's redone vanilla unit cards are way more appealing than CA's. You guys should be proud.

Also, I have a question! I fired up a Caesar in Gaul campaign to check out the new early legions, and I noticed that they're recruitable from auxiliary barracks as well as main barracks. Is this intentional? I'm kind of wondering what the main barracks are good for, since auxiliary can recruit all numbered legions + auxiliaries, whereas the main just get the numbered legions and the vanilla Rome units.
    Last edited by MagicCuboid; October 04, 2014 at 11:49 AM.
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Quote Originally Posted by MagicCuboid View Post
    So far it's just for personal use, but just so you guys know I've gone ahead and replaced about half of Franky's UI cards with Scaevola's . The remaining half will take a lot more work, of course.

XIIICaesar, your/Kaziel's redone vanilla unit cards are way more appealing than CA's. You guys should be proud.

Also, I have a question! I fired up a Caesar in Gaul campaign to check out the new early legions, and I noticed that they're recruitable from auxiliary barracks as well as main barracks. Is this intentional? I'm kind of wondering what the main barracks are good for, since auxiliary can recruit all numbered legions + auxiliaries, whereas the main just get the numbered legions and the vanilla Rome units.
    Right, when you & Scaevola finish the Bullgod style cards your working on for Caesars Legions, with your permission I'd like to incorporate them into all 3 versions of Caesars Legions. BUT thats on you 2 and with your permission. If you want it to stay in DEI and however you 2 wanna do it, I'll follow what path y'all wanna take.

Thnx for the compliments on my Vanilla Numbered Legions. When I finish them I plan to do all the Vanilla cards.

CiG is intentional. I didn't mess with the auxiliaries or the vanilla units and buildings. All I did was I looked at how the Historical Legions & Dresden had set them up and emulated that with Caesars Legions. Only difference is all the Legions recruitable are, from what I could tell, ones Caesar historically used in the Gallic Wars. Also, I think its better balanced that way too for gameplay for such a small map. The way it works is Field of Mars, Auz Lv 1-2 Barr Lv 1-2 recruit Cohorts Aux Lv 3-4 Barr Lv 3-4 recruit Prima (First) Cohorts.

Yeah, man i saw the sub-mod offer with Litharion, should i wait until you get it work with Caesar Legions? Thanks for make all that possible! =)
    I'm uploading an update to DEI CL now so that its compatible for people that use the Imperator Augustus Marian Reform start submod. The submod Litharion created also changes starting armies to have Marian Era units as well instead of Imperial Era. I'll work on editing that to be the Numbered Legions instead this weekend. It will require a new campaign start though. I'm uploading the modified submod that I've made compatible with Caesars Legions to my Google Drive now. Links will follow.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 05, 2014 at 04:09 PM. Reason: dp/merged

Thanks, Caesar! Much appreciated. As soon as BullGods unit cards are finished, we'll let you know. It will take awhile, by the way.
    EN TIBI UT SENTIAS QUAM VILE CORPUS SIT IIS QUI MAGNAM GLORIAM VIDENT
    C. MUCIUS SCAEVOLA

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevola View Post
    Thanks, Caesar! Much appreciated. As soon as BullGods unit cards are finished, we'll let you know. It will take awhile, by the way.
    Thats cool just lemme know when! And thank you for undertaking the overhaul too.

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    I'm uploading an update to DEI CL now so that its compatible for people that use the Imperator Augustus Marian Reform start submod. The submod Litharion created also changes starting armies to have Marian Era units as well instead of Imperial Era. I'll work on editing that to be the Numbered Legions instead this weekend. It will require a new campaign start though. I'm uploading the modified submod that I've made compatible with Caesars Legions to my Google Drive now. Links will follow.
    Thanks mate! =) finally you got it! i need two sub-mods? i mean, youīre CL for DEI( on steam ) and Marian Start on Imperator Augustus campaign?

FYI this is wrong. Julius Caesar was in the Marian period. Gaius Marius was his uncle. The Marian Reforms happened in 107BCE. Julius Caesar was alive from 100-44BCE. The Second Triumvirate period (Imperator Augustus DLC) was from 43-33BCE. The imperial reforms (not a real thing) came about around the time of 1CE. The soldiers at Teutoberg Forest in 9CE had some of the "imperial" armour (lorica segmentata).

Hope that helps.

I've been designing and using mods to make the game as historically accurate to the timeframe, so I'm using 1TPY. I've currently got Lucius Aemelius Paulus and his son Publius Aemilianus Cornelius Scipio attacking the Macedonians in 150BCE. Pretty good right?
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse