Thread: Artillery accuracy

Default Artillery accuracy

Hi,

I have only installed Darthmod a few days ago (great mod as always) and I have a question regarding artillery: Is it normal that my artillery always aims canister shot too high? For example, just now I had enemy infantry charging towards my artillery and in Empire (with Darthmod) I could guarantee that they would not make it to my men. In this instance, however, my cannons shot right above their heads even though they were immediately in front of them (~3 feet), inflicting no casualties. And that's not the only time something like this has happened. Is there a way to correct this?

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Artillery accuracy

Yes the way to correct this is to use this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-DMN-Mod-Edits

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Yes the way to correct this is to use this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-DMN-Mod-Edits
    Thanks! This changes more than just the canister shot, right? Two questions:

1) Would you describe the AI with the edit as overly aggressive (to give people a challenge) or more like it's now behaving as it is supposed to? This concerns especially the CAI: I don't want to be randomly attacked by everybody as it happened for me with another mod, in particular if you're playing a smaller nation.

2) In the thread you said it's intended for 40 units. Does it work with 20 units as well (I tried 40 units - was fun but resulted in the only CTD I had so far and it's sometimes a pain to select units with the unit cards being so small)?

Or is there a way to just fix canister shot (don't feel like editing stuff and trying out a new mod, I haven't even finished a game with vanilla Darthmod)?

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

If you play on Normal. You can just throw it in. It is save game compatible. Yes 20 units is fine. I recommended 40 units because the battles are more epic.