Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We Hungarians are Caucasian. Huns / Attila are Mongoloid and so were the original Turks

Default Re: We Hungarians are Caucasian. Huns / Attila are Mongoloid and so were the original Turks

When people have no achievements of their own the first port of call is often taking pride in their ethnicity I find.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Default Re: We Hungarians are Caucasian. Huns / Attila are Mongoloid and so were the original Turks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Loveless View Post

Looks like Hungry is pretty Slavic to me.

There was millions of Slavic migrants to Hungary that is why I said modern Hungarian are mixture of European slavs and Scythians.

An Hungarian geneticist say that we are derived from central Asian origin and Slavic origin.

I'm not denying our European ancestry because in fact we are European.
    Last edited by Beyond; September 30, 2014 at 08:45 AM.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
    There was millions of Slavic migrants to Hungary that is why I said modern Hungarian are mixture of European slavs and Scythians.

An Hungarian geneticist say that we are derived from central Asian origin and Slavic origin.

I'm not denying our European ancestry because in fact we are European.
    I think may be confusing Scythian with Uralic. After all, Hungarian is a Uralic language.

I think may be confusing Scythian with Uralic. After all, Hungarian is a Uralic language.
    He thinks Hungarians are Scythians who adopted an Uralic language.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    When people have no achievements of their own the first port of call is often taking pride in their ethnicity I find.
    I'd say that's true, but this pride in ethnicity and nationality is very strong in the Old World in general.

Nice avatar, btw.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    That seems rather unlikely.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

From whom? The closest speakers are in Khazakhstan (Finnish and Estonian are part of a different branch)
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; September 30, 2014 at 09:58 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Jesus Christ, CA, what have you done....

That seems rather unlikely.
    Magyars were only a small number of Uralic invaders although they were powerful enough to change our language to Uralic they weren't powerful enough to influence us genetically or physically. Don't you find it strange that Hungarian being in middle of East Europe and speak Uralic language ? anyway their genes are a part of us today but they make a insignificant percent because like I said they were a small number.

The Scythian and other Iranic nomads already settled in Hungary. The Magyars expanded to west and ruled Ukranine and Hungary but they have very little genetic impact on our population.

Last edited by Beyond; September 30, 2014 at 12:48 PM.

If only people could be satisfied with who their ancestors were and stop inventing new, more glorious ancestors, I would be really happy.

If only people could be satisfied with who their ancestors were and stop inventing new, more glorious ancestors, I would be really happy.
    I'm proud of being Hungarian but I just want people to understand our past. I think Hungarian past should be decided by Hungarians alone and not other people. A lot of Turk claim we are related but many of us don't like this.

There are two groups of Hungarian, one that claim we are Huns and one that claim we are Scythians. Of course many also claim we are Magyars but this is not a popular theory.
    Most Hungarians today claim Scythians and other related Iranic-Aryan tribes because DNA shows we have very high R1a but low Q,N,C we are link with Indo-European genetically.
    We are not pure scythians, we are mixture of European and Aryan Scythian but we have the right to claim the history of our ancestors.

I would like to know what other Hungarian think, I hope they post in this thread.
    Last edited by Beyond; September 30, 2014 at 01:23 PM.

Its funny because both groups are wrong, its really sad that they just can't be satisfied with reality.

Of course these haplogroups will be low because we are talking about a minor group of nomads moving into a well populated area, these haplogroups is representes who really came from east, rest of the genes you have belongs Slavs, Germanics and other natives, just because "Scythian" sounds cooler doesn't means its coming from Scythians, Scythians themselves were nomads anyway, neither they can have such an impact on the gene pool of Hungary.

Your gene pool is just like Turks of Turkey.

Its funny because both groups are wrong, its really sad that they just can't be satisfied with reality.

Of course these haplogroups will be low because we are talking about a minor group of nomads moving into a well populated area, these haplogroups is representes who really came from east, rest of the genes you have belongs Slavs, Germanics and other natives, just because "Scythian" sounds cooler doesn't means its coming from Scythians, Scythians themselves were nomads anyway, neither they can have such an impact on the gene pool of Hungary.

Your gene pool is just like Turks of Turkey.
    YOU ARE VERY WRONG ABOUT THIS.

Tomorrow I'll show you data that Hungarians are direct descendants of scythians and original Aryans. Genetics already proved our central Asian origin

Turks are Turkified Anatolian but Hungarians are uralicfied Scythian+Slavs ( we are still much closer to Scythian genetically and culturally with substantial slavs )
    Last edited by Beyond; September 30, 2014 at 01:54 PM.

Pffft. You are very persistent, just let it go, around %3-5 to may be 10 in your gene pool represents Magyar settlers, just like how %10-20 represents original Turkish settlers in Anatolia. I'm telling you this dominant r1 haplogroup in Hungary DID NOT come from east, its coming from natives and neighbours because a nomadic group of immigrants cannot change the overall gene pool of the region, thats including Scythians, even if your ancestors were Scythians, they could not contribute the dominant haplogroup in today's Hungary.

Genetics did not proved , you just interprete genetics according to your like, to hell with this nationalist, supremacist pride.
    Last edited by Darth Red; September 30, 2014 at 02:15 PM. Reason: censor bypass

Magyars were only a small number of Uralic invaders although they were powerful enough to change our language to Uralic they weren't powerful enough to influence us genetically or physically. Don't you find it strange that Hungarian being in middle of East Europe and speak Uralic language ? anyway their genes are a part of us today but they make a insignificant percent because like I said they were a small number.
    Not really. Magyars arrived, imposed their language on the native slavs, romanians and germans but eventually got assimilated. The same thing happened with the Romans in every province they conquered, in England with the Saxons and Normans, in the Balkans with the Slavs, in Prussia with the Germans (the Prussians were originally a baltic people related to the Lithuanians and Latvians), in Scotland, Wales and Ireland with the English, etc

The reason why magyar survived to this day while the other nomadic languages did not is because the magyars were smart enough to live with and cooperate the natives instead of only interacting with them when they demanded tribute (as was the m.o of all other nomads)

The Scythian and other Iranic nomads already settled in Hungary.
    They didn't because there never was a people called Scythians, they were a confederation of tribes just like the Huns and the Onogurs. The westernmost Scythians, the Sarmatians and Roxolanii lived quite a distance away from modern dat Hungary
    Prior to ~60 BC Pannonia was inhabitted by the germanic Iaziges and the celtic Boii and native Panonii who were a mixture between Illyrians and Celts. After Burebista pretty much destroyed the Boii it was also settled by Dacians. After that the Romans came and completely romaniazed the right bank of the danube (western Hungary) while the western bit remained in Iazyges and Dacian hands until the slavs came and settled there as well.

The only modern people who have some connection to the Scythian tribes are the Ruthenians, meaning Ukrainians from western and Central Ukraine. That's it.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; September 30, 2014 at 02:08 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Hmm FYROM strikes a bell here

@beyond
    Modern Hungarians are a mix of predominately indigenous people and an admixture of various settlers among them and last the magyars who dominated culturally or linguistically among other populations.
    Modern genetic maps show that genetically Hungary is not an isolated entity but rather it has a similar genetic profile with her neighbours.
    Last edited by Darth Red; September 30, 2014 at 02:45 PM. Reason: continuity
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Hungarians are Slavs. Hungarians are Slavs. Hungarians are Slavs. Hungarians are Slavs. Hungarians are Slavs. Hungarians are Slavs. Hungarians are Slavs. Hungarians are Slavs.
    Miss me yet?

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Treize View Post
    Hungarians are Slavs. Hungarians are Slavs. Hungarians are Slavs. Hungarians are Slavs. Hungarians are Slavs. Hungarians are Slavs. Hungarians are Slavs. Hungarians are Slavs.
    Indeed, I find it amusing that the two Eastern European nations which seem to be most passionate of racial theories and origins and all that, the Romanians and Hungarians, both try to find so many fictional ancestors that they ignore that they're essentially Slavs.

Oh the irony of you saying that Stav.

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Oh the irony of you saying that Stav.
    The fact that Greece has a slavic admixture does not make Stav's opinion less valid.
    although I may add that the more ancient Celtic and Dacian populations also constitute a significant part of the genetic pool of modern Hungary and Romania
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast