Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: Creative Assembly Business Practice Discussion Thread (Attila)

Default Re: Is CA finished with Attila DLC?

Rome 2 and Attila:

2 months (more or less) to create a copy/paste DLC from vanilla game.

Warhamer:

Less than a month to a new raze, new animations, models, unit cards...

So we two options here, in Rome 2/Attila DLC's were done before release the game, or they are done before release Warhammer. In one of these games they are liying to us, pretending to work in a DLC (well, in fact most of the DLC are just cut content from vanilla) when is already done since release date, but I think they are liying us in all three games.

And you still think CA will work in Attila? We'll not see any Armenia or eastern campaign DLC (or any other), and of course not patch for assembly kit. Map editor and "the most moddeable TW ever made" was just a reason to buy Attila, they will never fix the tools, they will never uncodded the game to make truly moddeable. Attila needs patches and DLC? Yes, of course, a eastern focused DLC will be welcome, Armenia too, a 3th century DLC too. Fixes to their tools (in other words, give us what they promised us, what they sell us). But is CA, not expect anything but lies from CA. We still have unfinished Rome 2, we still have unfinished animation system (after TWO games, still unfinish). That is how CA is.

Also, they have codded their tools, so we the modders cant fix them, at last they could uncodded their tools (in order to, we modders, fix it) and the game (in order to make the most moddeable TW ever made, like they promised). I tried to import maps from Rome 2 (campaign maps) and all bugs I found are because the codded game. I have dragons and Renaissance ships in Attila, and all bus I found are because codded parts of the game. But this is the most moddeable Total War ever made.

Is CA, just lie to players, nothing else.

And sorry for my bad english.

Moved here from another thread as this clearly belong to this Complaint and Discussion thread - Flinn
    Last edited by Flinn; August 30, 2016 at 09:34 AM.

Default Suggestion to CA and a "call of duty" for players/modders

Well, the main two things CA used to make us buy Attila were:

1. Finished game, not like Rome 2. Half true, at last playable.
    2. The most moddeable TW ever made and MAP EDITOR. Not even close, the editor is totally bugged, you can make battle maps (with stupid AI, no walls, no bridge, no land-sea battles, soldiers walking into sea, ships "walking" into land... and many others), and of course Attila isnt the most moddeable TW ever made, not even close)

The only time editor works fine was in the CA's trailer, nothing more. Now that CA already abandoned this game, why the hell they dont make these things true? Like they said before release the game.

I had success to import battle maps into campaign, and import WoS (Rome 2 DLC map) into Attila, without using the tool, and the only issues I found were CTD, all because the hard codded map stuff, thanks to CA. I found some fix for some problems, like the walls bug, but cant be apply without pass CA's codded stuff (tired to contact CA to offer the fix, but they said "we are working on fix it, wait a few weeks", now the game is abandoned).

I tried to update the Rome 2 music tool in order to work with Attila (both use the same system), and again, stopped by hard codded stuff. Music can be mod yes, but to make it, we are totally blind. Litlte note: update the music tool take me less than an hour, imagine how many time take to CA.

I have even dragons working in Attila, long time before Warhammer release. I have an entire animation system, without using CA's vanilla system I can add any single animation I want, without limitations. I have WWII planes and tanks, I have Renaissance cannons and ships, spear/sword mixed animations, dragons, skeleton warriors, gargoyles, I have even SPACE MARINES and tyranids, with tanks, bolters and even a thunderhawk from 40k (Im a Dark Angels since the metallic veterans long ago). All in Attila. All because I create my own animation system, and ignore CA's one.

Im game developer myself, I know about Im talking about, I know how this engine works, I know most of these limitations are there because CA want it, nothing else.

All these things make something clear, CA said "Attila will be the most moddeable TW ever made" but all limitations are inside the game because CA want it.

Now they are focus in cut and sell "new content" for Warhammer (this hurt me, as a Fantasy/40k player since around 2 years). Now Attila is abandoned.

Why CA dont make more "open" Attila? Why they dont make Attila more moddeable, like they promised to us?

Update music tool take them less than an hour. Uncodded maps, animation, diplomacy... take some hours. They will not fix map editor never, all we know that, but why they dont release a campaign map pack, for example with a map from the east, other of Britannia... At last to give us, modders, something to work with.

Why we, modders and players, dont ask for these things? We PAID FOR THESE THINGS. They are liying to us since the announcement, in some countries this is a crime, In my country for example it is.

So CA, if make the right things, then you can have "redemption" after lie to us in Attila, after the unfinished game Rome 2 was (Im still waiting to ahve what I paid for in Rome 2).

I know this is almost impossible (CA doing the right things, the things they promised and said to us? Impossible). But if many of us ask for it, we can make them listen to us.

And sorry for my bad english

Moved here from the General Discussion thread as this clearly belongs to this Complaint and Discussion thread - Lifthrasir
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; September 03, 2016 at 10:05 AM.

Default Re: CA Business Practice Complaint and Discussion Thread

A said "Attila will be the most moddeable TW ever made"
    ...We PAID FOR THESE THINGS
    Exactly these. I bought this game at full price in good faith.

CA neither licensed us to play the product it announced nor fixed to a satisfactory standard the product it licensed us to play. Perhaps there is a legal distinction between an advertised product and an announced product, and if so that is the loophole that CA has consistently exploited.

Whatever the case may be, it hasn't acted in good faith.

CA is under SEGA so I never had any expectations at all and for your mental health its best to think this way
    Last edited by Flinn; September 13, 2016 at 08:10 AM. Reason: removed distruptive content

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Attila performance on "future GPUs" - get disappointed in your life, soon(tm)

I've updated the Attila benchmark section for PC 1920x1080 with a computer that I've build and tested for a TWC user. Ironically in some cases it is performing slower or equal to weaker hardware which shows the treachery of CA's statement that some Attila settings are meant for future hardware (next gen) - http://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-att...r-future-gpus/

Now that the 6600K is a future CPU (about 16% percent faster than a i7 2600K at same clock speed) and a GTX 1080 is definitely a future GPU - and delivers rock solid performance in Warhammer and Rome 2- have a look at the 64bit engine Warhammer results - it is more than clear that Attila will always be left the most unoptimized and crappy game CA ever made in terms of technical evolution, compatibility and performance - as long there will be no optimization made.

Not only Attila cannot use the full VRAM but is limited to 3 GB due to the 32bit contraints - it is rather ridicilous how slow it runs comparingly to Warhammer and even Rome 2, which is also 32bit, same as Attila - refer the benchmark results for the same rig here.

The Creative Assembly should really excuse for this and patch Attila, if they really care for high end users of their franchise.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    The Creative Assembly should really excuse for this and patch Attila, if they really care for high end users of their franchise.
    sign

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nizam View Post
    sign
    Second
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.