Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Attila Complaint Thread

Default Re: Total War: Attila - Pictures and Videos thread

Well for one those are unplayable factions in one small part of the map. For another, you're assuming most people will know the difference in the first place. Frankly I honestly didn't know much about that either and I consider myself very knowledgeable. And if I don't know, what makes you think most people who will likely know less about this stuff would care? There's more pressing concerns than the appearance of two minor unplayable factions. And lastly my sympathy only goes so far considering the way people like Linus handle this stuff.

EDIT:

In response to your picture and remark, ITS NOT A HUGE MISTAKE!!!! I will not give you that one, we are talking about minor ing factions! Nothing more!
    Last edited by warman222; January 22, 2015 at 08:38 PM.

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    Well for one those are unplayable factions in one small part of the map. For another, you're assuming most people will know the difference in the first place. Frankly I honestly didn't know much about that either and I consider myself very knowledgeable. And if I don't know, what makes you think most people who will likely know less about this stuff would care? There's more pressing concerns than the appearance of two minor unplayable factions. And lastly my sympathy only goes so far considering the way people like Linus handle this stuff.

EDIT:

In response to your picture and remark, ITS NOT A HUGE MISTAKE!!!! I will not give you that one, we are talking about minor ing factions! Nothing more!
    Mate, I am pretty sure most people know Ethiopians are black and can tell the difference between West Asians and Sub-saharan Africans.

Just because it is unplayable doesn't justify doing it wrong, maybe we should make unplayable factions in Europe as black people or for diversities sake let's make them Indian Jews.

And the Sassanids? Are they a minor faction also because there's certainly some large errors in their representation.
    Last edited by Brivime; January 22, 2015 at 09:29 PM.

It could be represented better for a game that represents history. We got to stop saying it's okay for a company to ignore an area of the in-game map, who's fan base are people who are into history and accuracy. We make excuses for it now, later people will be fuming and say 'oh CA with their bad mistakes'. It happens with every release of Total War. I recall seeing supporters for the made up faction of Nova Carthage! LOL!

That's why I like EB, they set the standard bar very high like a decade ago (?). Sure CA won't make a game with higher levels of historical accuracy but the simple things can be done better. Otherwise it is lazy and incorrect.

Well for one those are unplayable factions in one small part of the map. For another, you're assuming most people will know the difference in the first place. Frankly I honestly didn't know much about that either and I consider myself very knowledgeable.
    Honestly, if I couldn't see the differences between a middle-eastern and an ethiopian, I wouldn't consider myself very knowledgeable. Also, I wonder what the reactions would be if the Caledonians or the Picts had mongoloid characteristics, like the Huns...

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hibernian View Post
    Also, I wonder what the reactions would be if the Caledonians or the Picts had mongoloid characteristics, like the Huns...
    They do not have?????

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by warman222;14324137[I
    Asians = bright brown / Africans = Black - "Frankly I honestly didn't know much about that either and I consider myself very knowledgeable." [/I]
    Aksum - "minor ing faction! Nothing more!"

Dude...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Can you see the god damn difference now?

EDIT:

Oh wow hahaha.....

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Official complaint thread for Total War : Attila

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twa.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	898.8 KB 
ID:	320162

So those are the respective leaders of some numidians, sassanid, caucasians, nubians, armenians and arabians faction.

I'm not an expert about eastern and african 5th century, but I'm quite sure that some numidian faction don't share the same CROWN and SKIN COLORS that nubians kingdom, arabian tribes or the almight sassanid empire.

There is absolutely 0 variations between those leaders, but they represent distinct and unique faction. What the hell ?

Why do the aksumite leader ( not in the picture, but you can find it on a CA stream ) does not wear tthe aksumite crown despicted on coins ? Why do they all have the same crown ?

I realy hope to not see this on the full game, because this mistake is unacceptable and borderline racist.

Quote Originally Posted by BalrogOfMorgoth View Post

So those are the respective leaders of some numidians, sassanid, caucasians, nubians, armenians and arabians faction.

I'm not an expert about eastern and african 5th century, but I'm quite sure that some numidian faction don't share the same CROWN and SKIN COLORS that nubians kingdom, arabian tribes or the almight sassanid empire.

There is absolutely 0 variations between those leaders, but they represent distinct and unique faction. What the hell ?

Why do the aksumite leader ( not in the picture, but you can find it on a CA stream ) does not wear tthe aksumite crown despicted on coins ? Why do they all have the same crown ?
    Agree and I also hope that CA will divide the East at least in four groups: Persian, Caucasian, Arabian and African. To unite all of them looks really horrible from historical and anthropological point of view.

Also, about the religion: Armenia, Arran, Kartli and Lazica all were officially Christian (so-called Greek Christian from the games perspective) in 395, so let's made it as it was for 395 with strong Zoroastrian and Manichean influences. In Abasgia Greeko-Roman paganism was spread in 395 with strong Christian influence. Their leaders converted to Christianity in 6th century.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

Why is the Ghassanid king a Salafist with a Persian crown?

This is not king al-No'man but still it gives an idea of how they should look.

Some people among Arab nobility in Hijaz did shave their mustaches off, this is the origin of the Islamic salafi beard without the mustache but I don't believe that Ghassanids practiced this.
    Last edited by Brivime; January 25, 2015 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BalrogOfMorgoth View Post

I realy hope to not see this on the full game, because this mistake is unacceptable and borderline racist.
    Thing is that crown isn't even done correctly.......

hey CA how about an option to stop the campaign map from self rotating?? I find the self rotation in Shogun2 and Rome 2 is irritating, disorientating and vertigo inducing.! It's so bad I will likely not buy Attila unless this is corrected.

Thanks.

Shall i pre order TW Attila?
    it's looking better than R2 but i don't believe CA anymore

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

The map sucks and there is a lack of regions. I wont preorder.

And collision was never fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brivime View Post
    Dude...

Can you see the god damn difference now?
    As much as I like warman for working on that cool medieval mod for Attila, he really made an ass out of himself here.

Default Throne room to receive diplomats,merchants and others

I have never understoud why TW ,not CA,didnt continue to use the throne room that existed on Shogun Total War . Why ,really. Its the best ficture that this have and ever had .
    Why TW keep being changed .
    Why TWC is famous,why there are ten of mods for TW games .
    Simple ,because people dont like constant changes .
    Why everyone love the mods here. Why TW,CA and SEGA dont see this . How is it possible to not to see what TW community want is a TW like old days.
    We want trailers for missions. We want merchants. We want throne rooms to receive diplomats and others. We want simple control with the units. We want to declare war on our allies in a battlefield .
    Stop with the unlimited super powers of the units and the constant speed increase from game to game,stop with the absurd power of the agents,stop increasing the power of the PC+s game after game.

For some reason TW mods ,reduce speed,increase the time of the units when in battle, limited elite units,seasons,dust on the fields,DECREASE OF PC PERFORMANCE.
    I miss the old days where to know something about the new TW i had to buy a certain magazine and i had only 6 images for months and i wanted more and more and more but i had to wait ....
    Now ... now i already know the factions,the agents,how to play, whats new,whats old,ten of videos everywhere, i know how to play before i even have the game .

Your fan number 1 for 15 years .
    Last edited by foot soldier; January 26, 2015 at 07:10 PM.
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006562367/

Resume of my world tournament participations of TW since 2011.
    6 conquests, 9 finals disputed and 13 semi disputed.
    Player with most campaign conquests on TW on legendary.

Default Re: Throne room to receive diplomats,merchants and others

I'm struggling to understand what you're trying to get at? you went from a simple request to a wall of text about some how declaring war on a ally mid battle and the way they advertise their product. How else are you going to get some attention to a upcoming game, i'm going to say that more people use the internet to see previews rather than a game magazine as you've stated.
    Interested in a alternative history fantasy mod? Iron Continent is your mod then!

signature by polymorphic

Wow, there're people who actually want less information about a game before buying it.

So, OP loves some old features and claims mods are so popular because the fans don't want constant changes to the series. Then rants about how each new Total War game... scratch that, I don't know what his talking about.

He should have stated his point a little more coherently then.
    Interested in a alternative history fantasy mod? Iron Continent is your mod then!

signature by polymorphic

Quote Originally Posted by Thesban The Great View Post
    He should have stated his point a little more coherently then.
    While I don't agree with the op, I'm sure everyone slating him will now write what they want from the game in a 2nd language. Oh the arrogance of the English speaker..
    Support Totalwar Youtubers:
    Jackiefish commentary my Quarter final match tosa cup*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr52zUAoTo
    Showing Pointman a 2v3 Tactic: He does well and carries it out to perfection first time*..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrfDUr8f6M&feature=plcp
    Aggony Clan 1v1 Tournament match: Multiple casters check description for their youtube channels*:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoz8nS7ulY