Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Attila Complaint Thread

Default Re: Anyone else disappointed by Total War: ATTILA?

I hoping that you'd release that there's already two separate complaint threads and this thread isn't needed.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by MadManYo View Post
    Anyone else disappointed by Total War: ATTILA?
    I know a load of people were hoping for a Empire 2 or Medieval 3 including me. My main disappointing features of Attila are that basically the same map area of Rome 2 and the same kind of units ie swords,chariots, you cannot explore the Americas or Asia and have colonial wars, there is no early or late power weapons or unit types. Something around the 1450s-1700s would have suited a load of people.

What were you hoping for?
    There are not going to be any chariots in Attila, units are probaly going to become mere medieval influenced late game.
    This is my favorite period of history (well maybe a couple of hundred years later) and what I hoped for and expected.

Default Re: Official complaint thread for Total War : Attila

My Only complain is that they shoudl have made an expansion to Rome II , perhaps with the new features added the first could even become something little less than decent rather than beeing a complete disaster , apart that selling it as a new game for full price for a basically large mod I guess is not worth .

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

More than disappointed I'm scared, so I'll wait few months before buying the game (if I'll buy it at all).

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    More than disappointed I'm scared, so I'll wait few months before buying the game (if I'll buy it at all).
    By What?

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

I would like to see a lot of India and/or china, hunnic tribes raided china. ALSO NO ONE ASKED FOR AN ATILLA ROTAL WAR LISTEN TO YOU FANS!!!!

The only thing I can really say about this is that it seems a bit too much like a Barbarian Invasion clone. Trying to recapture old glories, eh?

Sherm's Avatar Ordinarius

I know this is a game, but TW: Attila in particoular is destroyng all the work historian are doing to remove all the misconceptions about late antiquity\early middleage (dark, destruction, fear, antichrist) , that everyone have in mind cause the humanist and all the following history until the last century. Nothing to say about the game itself, but seems a Rome II with an unstoppable horde.
    Last edited by Sherm; November 08, 2014 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherm View Post
    I know this is a game, but TW: Attila in particoular is destroyng all the work historian are doing to remove all the misconceptions about late antiquity\early middleage (dark, destruction, fear, antichrist) , that everyone have in mind cause the humanist and all the following history until the last century. Nothing to say about the game itself, but seems a Rome II with an unstoppable horde.
    Right, but the entertainment industry makes money by working with stereotypes to give the audience/customers some content which they can relate to.

Quote Originally Posted by Leving View Post
    What about having onagers/ballistae be constructable during the course of the siege instead of having to lug them around the map with you?
    That would be cool, but it should require you to have a group of engineers or something like that in your army, kinda like champions, they wouldnt take up space in your army nor slow it down.

Default Fire I need it know, give me my fire

Does CA think us all 13 year old kids obsessed with fire? it look to be what ruined siege battles [ ok they already suck], it will look good on screens but do nothing for gameplay.

“I am in fact, a hobbit in all but size”― J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Invictus View Post
    I only have one complaint; the game looks amazing, but it's still on bloody Warscape.

What a crap engine. Scrap it!
    Actually I dont think it looks amazing units arent realistic enough...2 much shine/plastic/arcadey.

But yes new engine might give us better textures/aa.

Thats my major complaint. Why after x time dont we see a new engine...? We pay x over the yrs for the games and still they flog the ol engine.

And no I dont buy the "we are optimising it" excuses. This hasnt happened and people are still suffering from fps issues due to the poor optimisation of the engine.
    Last edited by Totalheadache; November 16, 2014 at 08:41 AM.

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Fire I need it know, give me my fire

Quote Originally Posted by total relism View Post
    Does CA think us all 13 year old kids obsessed with fire? it look to be what ruined siege battles [ ok they already suck], it will look good on screens but do nothing for gameplay.
    Fire(or well torches), zombies and vampires bro, its all the kids want and im waiting for the other two to appear in TW.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post
    Fire(or well torches), zombies and vampires bro, its all the kids want and im waiting for the other two to appear in TW.
    we already got harpies, amazons, Xena, gladiators (including females), catapults with live animals as ammo, armies of dogs etc in R2. sure it will be more of the same in BI2

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    My Only complain is that they shoudl have made an expansion to Rome II , perhaps with the new features added the first could even become something little less than decent rather than beeing a complete disaster , apart that selling it as a new game for full price for a basically large mod I guess is not worth .
    This, Attila is not a new game but more like an expansion/dlc/whatever that will be sold at full price...

The fact that they are still selling crappy dlc for Rome II that is blocking people from playing factions that were modded (with more depth than CA's official) without adding anything worth buying is appalling...

How can people in these forums defend them when all they give us are a couple units that are most of the time sub par compared to the ones made by modders...

I can't wait for a "Total War Like" game that would be crowd funded like Star Citizen. Made by people that are passionate about what they do and not some PR goons...

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post

LOL enter TW warhammer, then i will lose my last vestige of faith in TW games......

mramazingfuntime's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by MadManYo View Post
    What were you hoping for?
    Warring states period China Total War. And I wanted them to take their time and be rational about what they put into it rather than putting gimmicks and frankly stupid design choices in. Performing AI, appropriate campaign map, useful interface, traits, family trees... Everything they killed when they made Empire Total War, with the possible exception of Shogun 2, which lucked out despite all the underlying problems.
    Even if Attila is good, it'll be luck that it is. Without a new engine, Total War is rather dead on it's feet.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Krasnaļa Zvezda View Post
    This, Attila is not a new game but more like an expansion/dlc/whatever that will be sold at full price...
    Welcome to Total War. You are a new player I assume?

Shogun
    Medieval (Mod of Shogun)

Rome (New engine)
    Medieval 2 (Mod of Rome)

Empire (New engine)
    Napoleon (Mod of Empire)

Rome 2 (New engine)
    Attila (Mod of Rome 2)

See the pattern?
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

The new viking DLC has been finished for months: It's finally come to companies blatantly saying the stuff is done before hand, or at least implicity. I don't mind this myself, but I'm definitely not preordering just to find out the game isn't even worth playing for 8-9 months or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherm View Post
    +1 but CA need money, they work for money, SEGA need money too... its business even if it destroying all the work historian... And i cry when i read on the SEGA page ; << Faithful reproduction of historical, fidelity , etc ... >>

My Complaint :
    - CA / SEGA Should do like DICE and propose a FULL pack for the release with all futur DLC for the price ; 70€ ? and when futur DLC will be ready, we can download them free and all free...
    - We have no MAP EDITOR for Rome 2 to be able to create a full new map for ROME 2, and CA release a new game... We lost interest for some players to full exploit the actually total war in modding
    - The price is too high for what could and should have been an add-on for Rome 2 ! I wait some features from this total war in futur patchs for Rome 2 !
    - Historical realism is a castastrophe , I know it's a game, its not good. I Understand better the mockery of developers of Europa Universalis Regarding this aspect in Rome 2 and it 's not better for ATTILA
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/