Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Attila Complaint Thread

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Throne room to receive diplomats,merchants and others

Ca has to bring out new features. or you will read endless crying posts about how ca is selling reskins of their original game for 60$.

I just wish ca does a better job at figuring out which features they must keep 100% of the time.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I was not slanting or having a dig at him for his language whether English be his first or second language, It's the way his post is formed and written. it's quite hard to read and frankly that makes it harder to understand.
    Interested in a alternative history fantasy mod? Iron Continent is your mod then!

signature by polymorphic

Quote Originally Posted by swoosh so View Post
    While I don't agree with the op, I'm sure everyone slating him will now write what they want from the game in a 2nd language. Oh the arrogance of the English speaker..
    You can understand him, so feel free to translate. Here, these are some points that I have trouble understanding so help me:

[1] I have never understoud why TW ,not CA,didnt continue to use the throne room that existed on Shogun Total War
    - So, does he believe TW is its own developer or something?

[2] stop increasing the power of the PC+s game after game.
    - Is he asking to stop making units/agents too powerful which he mentioned in the same sentence, or is he talking about how each new TW requires a better PC to run?

[3] For some reason TW mods ,reduce speed,increase the time of the units when in battle, limited elite units,seasons,dust on the fields,DECREASE OF PC PERFORMANCE.
    - Did his message went from talking about missing old features to ranting about mods decreasing the performance of his PC?

[4] Your fan number 1 for 15 years .
    - Is his message simply a rant or is this message intended for CA?

Mabye i should start to write in portuguese and than you could google it since you only know 1 language.
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006562367/

Resume of my world tournament participations of TW since 2011.
    6 conquests, 9 finals disputed and 13 semi disputed.
    Player with most campaign conquests on TW on legendary.

I have no idea of what I just read.

Oh the arrogance of the English speaker..
    Yeah! Screw us for expecting someone to coherently speak a world language in 2015, right?

-A Norwegian.
    CA needs competition.

Quote Originally Posted by InferiorBeing View Post
    I have no idea of what I just read.

Yeah! Screw us for expecting someone to coherently speak a world language in 2015, right?

-A Norwegian.
    A Norwegian ,everyone knows that English is more spoken in your country than your own language and your proud of that .

Do you speak Mandarin ,its the language number one it world ... trolls .. cant stand them we cant live without them either.
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006562367/

Resume of my world tournament participations of TW since 2011.
    6 conquests, 9 finals disputed and 13 semi disputed.
    Player with most campaign conquests on TW on legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by foot soldier View Post
    Why everyone love the mods here. Why TW,CA and SEGA dont see this . How is it possible to not to see what TW community want is a TW like old days.
    We want trailers for missions. We want merchants. We want throne rooms to receive diplomats and others. We want simple control with the units. We want to declare war on our allies in a battlefield .
    That brings me back, this was a feature in Medieval total war (1) and viking invasion was it not. Oh the amazing feeling you got when backstabbing your ally after they won you a bloody victory.
    Last edited by Mathieu Of Belgium; January 27, 2015 at 09:25 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Default Re: Official complaint thread for Total War : Attila

Please don't use turban for Sassanids That's an Islamic thing

Meelis13's Avatar You fight like a cow!
    Citizen

Default Re: Official complaint thread for Total War : Attila

honhestly, my main complaint is that it seems to be just another campaign with full game price tag on it. I mean, campaign map covers EXACTLY the same area as rome 2 did with exception of 1, maybe 2 areas....
    Heidinn veor- dark age mod for M2TW now recruiting scripter/coder

Default Re: Let's Play Viking Forefathers

allthough i have to admit that the flaming arrows look ing awsome and stuff but i think il give this game a pass .

Why? well......there still many issiues with the game as DarrenTotalWar said .
    my main reason why il pass the game to a certain point :

1: unit collsion wich is realy wierd to watch when cav glitches through soliders
    2: TORCHES!!!!!!!!!
    3: lack of historical accuracy
    4: still a stupid ai with awfull matched combat
    5: blobbing ( wich i hope is fixed by now )
    6: no general´s cutseenspeech
    7: DLC whoring as usual
    8: even more broken siege battles through this Eskalation "feature" when walls magically fall apart after 1-2 turns
    9: building limitation to max 5 buildings . remember in rome 1 and medival 2 you could build as many buildings as possible without risking for a revolt cause of food problems or magical unhappyness through new buildings
    10: probably just as rome 2 , 15-20 patches to fix the game

well CA i am sorry allthuogh i am interested , rome 2 marked me realy bad and when i heard that you guys took out content of the game to RESELL it to us .....that was just wrong ( beasts of war dlc )
    siriously CA return to the golden ages of total war ....dont go to the dawn of IOS mobile games ....please

For the Emperor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by reliablePersian View Post
    allthough i have to admit that the flaming arrows look ing awsome and stuff but i think il give this game a pass .

1: unit collsion wich is realy wierd to watch when cav glitches through soliders
    8: even more broken siege battles through this Eskalation "feature" when walls magically fall apart after 1-2 turns
    9: building limitation to max 5 buildings . remember in rome 1 and medival 2 you could build as many buildings as possible without risking for a revolt cause of food problems or magical unhappyness through new buildings

well CA i am sorry allthuogh i am interested , rome 2 marked me realy bad and when i heard that you guys took out content of the game to RESELL it to us .....that was just wrong ( beasts of war dlc )
    siriously CA return to the golden ages of total war ....dont go to the dawn of IOS mobile games ....please
    With the utmost respect, these type of complaints became boring over a year ago.

1) I would like to see this cleaned up a bit but it's Warscape, unit collision is never going to be what people would like to see.
    2) Again, it's an issue of Warscape not being able to properly handle sieges. CA has done tons to improve siege AI over the past year and I haven't seen torches used in ages during my battles.
    3) The game is called "Total War" not "Historical Simulator." The developers are under no obligation to stick exactly to the book. People often fail to understand that there is usually some kind of gameplay concern to why the game doesn't always match up perfectly with history. Look at the starting position of factions like the Huns, Suebians, and Goths. They're not historically accurate, but are designed to make sure that the factions' AI expand in the right direction.
    4) Warscape...matched combat has been going on since Empire. The AI in R2 was actually far better than in any previous Total War game.
    5) Blobbing concerns have come a long way since patches 1-5 of R2.
    6) Nostaglia for RTW/BI?
    7) It's a fact of life in the gaming industry nowadays....as long as Attila comes out to be moderately good then DLC would go a long way towards expanding upon the game as opposed to CA spending more than a year finishing the game like they did for R2.
    8) Again it's a Warscape thing....the engine wasn't designed to properly handle sieges. Hence, I understand the workarounds. They're preferable to units climbing back down from ladders.
    9) Did you complain about this in ETW, NTW, or S2 as well? Can't say that it's my favorite thing but that's how the game has been played for a while now.
    10) I'm willing to bet more on 5-10. Attila doesn't look like it's going to nearly have the same amount of issues R2 had upon release. There are always bugs that the developers cannot find/tackle before release but "fixing" Attila will probably more straightforward than R2 was.

I don't understand why people still complain about these things when they know that's how the game engine simply works. I hope that CA is working on a next generation game engine for whatever is coming next but to see people continue to moan and complain about torches is so...2013. Attila is essentially built with Rome 2 as its base so if you're expecting to see magical fixes for sieges and a whole new building system then I wouldn't recommend getting this game.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

I think the Total war game development team knows which engine(or set of engines) that works best for total war. So it is time to take these "Warscape" complaints out into the street and shot it dead.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    With the utmost respect, these type of complaints became boring over a year ago.

1) I would like to see this cleaned up a bit but it's Warscape, unit collision is never going to be what people would like to see.
    2) Again, it's an issue of Warscape not being able to properly handle sieges. CA has done tons to improve siege AI over the past year and I haven't seen torches used in ages during my battles.
    3) The game is called "Total War" not "Historical Simulator." The developers are under no obligation to stick exactly to the book. People often fail to understand that there is usually some kind of gameplay concern to why the game doesn't always match up perfectly with history. Look at the starting position of factions like the Huns, Suebians, and Goths. They're not historically accurate, but are designed to make sure that the factions' AI expand in the right direction.
    4) Warscape...matched combat has been going on since Empire. The AI in R2 was actually far better than in any previous Total War game.
    6) Nostaglia for RTW/BI?
    7) It's a fact of life in the gaming industry nowadays....as long as Attila comes out to be moderately good then DLC would go a long way towards expanding upon the game as opposed to CA spending more than a year finishing the game like they did for R2.
    8) Again it's a Warscape thing....the engine wasn't designed to properly handle sieges. Hence, I understand the workarounds. They're preferable to units climbing back down from ladders.
    9) Did you complain about this in ETW, NTW, or S2 as well? Can't say that it's my favorite thing but that's how the game has been played for a while now.
    10) I'm willing to bet more on 5-10. Attila doesn't look like it's going to nearly have the same amount of issues R2 had upon release. There are always bugs that the developers cannot find/tackle before release but "fixing" Attila will probably more straightforward than R2 was.

I don't understand why people still complain about these things when they know that's how the game engine simply works. I hope that CA is working on a next generation game engine for whatever is coming next but to see people continue to moan and complain about torches is so...2013. Attila is essentially built with Rome 2 as its base so if you're expecting to see magical fixes for sieges and a whole new building system then I wouldn't recommend getting this game.
    As far as I can see, none of your answers to his points actually refutes them, they just explain, justify the reasoning behind them or dismiss them off hand.

For a regular user of the forums I can see why the interminable repetition of some of them can grow tiresome, but perhaps you could lay some of the blame at the door of CA for not fixing them (I mean, torches? Still in Attila after all the rage they've caused?! ).

Reliablepersian probably hasn't posted on these topics in the course of his 68 posts so I don't see why someone can't register their reasons for not buying just because a load of people have made similar points in the past. May be helpful to the devs to know these are still major outstanding problems
    Last edited by Fredrin; January 29, 2015 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeliCiousTZM View Post
    I think the Total war game development team knows which engine, or set of engines works best for total war. So it is time to take these "Warscape" complaints out into the street and shot it dead.
    They do, but is that the most profitable way to sell a game? The engine is 32 bit unless I'm mistaken which means it's meant for really basic systems, most people have 64 bit OS these days. They keep it on this limited engine so they can sell the game to as many people as possible. Sort of understandable but when its preventing a lot of your existing fanbase from getting the enjoyment they expect, merely for some extra bucks, you will lose respect and interest. That said, I don't lmow the full details of the engine, so apologies. But it's 2015, and I know that most decent PCs can run battles with more than a few thousand men involved.

Also that guy Darios above just dismissed loads of valid complaints by saying, "These complaints are boring". That doesn't help the argument at all, these grievances need addressing as they are all valid. Just because no-one's done anything about it, does not mean they are any less valid.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by reliablePersian View Post

Glad to see people with such ideas!!! I am not alone it seams!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Birk's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post

6) Nostaglia for RTW/BI?

We had torches in Shogun 2 and it was beautiful. For some reason we don't seem to have it in Rome 2 or Attila.
    Birk Von Norway

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by barry12 View Post
    They do, but is that the most profitable way to sell a game? The engine is 32 bit unless I'm mistaken which means it's meant for really basic systems, most people have 64 bit OS these days. They keep it on this limited engine so they can sell the game to as many people as possible. Sort of understandable but when its preventing a lot of your existing fanbase from getting the enjoyment they expect, merely for some extra bucks, you will lose respect and interest. That said, I don't lmow the full details of the engine, so apologies. But it's 2015, and I know that most decent PCs can run battles with more than a few thousand men involved.

Also that guy Darios above just dismissed loads of valid complaints by saying, "These complaints are boring". That doesn't help the argument at all, these grievances need addressing as they are all valid. Just because no-one's done anything about it, does not mean they are any less valid.
    These complaints are boring. No one likes torches, but if it were possible for CA to fix it without compromising the game don't you think they would have already done so for Attila? They have added things like family trees and the what not into the game, but some things are simply beyond the capabilities of the game's engine to handle. Unfortunately, we all know why CA went ahead with using Warscape for R2/Attila instead of going in a new direction. These things were valid complaints over a year ago, now people are beating their heads on the wall. The R2 threads still have people complaining about "Fix Pikes!" when it's already understood that "pikemen" in R2 are, code-wise, swordsmen with a pike "special ability." R2/Attila are full of these little "workarounds" that remind us of how smooth RTW was but one also has to accept that we're working with a different engine that might not handle ancient warfare very well. Warscape was created for gunpowder warfare remember?
    Last edited by Finlander; January 29, 2015 at 08:23 AM.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Quote Originally Posted by barry12 View Post

Game developers profitability is in Metacritic score.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

Quote Originally Posted by DeliCiousTZM View Post
    Game developers profitability is in Metacritic score.
    How little you know...!

Re the engine it's pretty important. People will soon notice the game running like poo and if that happens no amount of "fun" will save your game...