Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Attila Complaint Thread

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: Official complaint thread for Total War : Attila

Rome II and Attila TW games brought an entire new consept about moving speed.
    Humans have the same speed and stamina with horses!
    While in Rome II patch 13 the issue seamed to be close to a solution...Attila brought the problem even worst!
    Why bother to have horsemen ? Your infantry is same fast with them!
    Why bother having historical heavu infantry...the un-historicaly pikemen can beat every infantry and cavalry unit...
    Why bother play Attila? Because we are fools and trusted once more the guys in CA!!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Huzzah for me finally buying Shogun 2! On a side, note not even the Justinian campaign can pull me in to Attila. R2TW was my first TW, and I'm done with trying to get DLCs for the good factions. After playing R2 modded with good unitpacks and enjoying the various options, I don't think I can buy any vanilla TW game for more than $10.
    Art finds her own perfection within, and not outside of herself. She is not to be judged by any external standard of resemblance. She is a veil, rather than a mirror. -Oscar Wilde

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Barbarian Invasion for RTW 1 was absolutely unplayable when it came out 10 years ago. Because whatever you did you couldn't basically resolve the minus income per turn, for the whole western empire. In Attila one starts with +1800 per turn, great achievement.. But the cost of only one building in one stupid settlement is above 2000. Actually normally 7000. So you will be able to upgrade your Empire in only some 1000 turns, to make it financially worthy. Then you got some standing already armies, invaded on the next turn by full stacks. Then you find out half of their men are missing, and they had 7-8 units at most anyway. You decide to hire new units, but wait, there isn't even one generall available to hire any more in the entire western empire, and without him magically you cannot recruit anything any more nowhere, You can't levy units from different settlements and join them together later. Because they miss that magical generall, one for the whole empire. So you have to just stand still untill the full stack hordes move freely in and dissolve your idiotic state.

Weirdly enough, but the game runs fine for me (for those with optimization problems). I did upgrade to an I7-4790 processor recently which sped a lot of things up.
    ​"Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul."

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Soon after your "Empires of Sand" update, Romans Separatists turn CTD is back! Please solve it!!

I am playing a siege defence right now, Yatrib to be more specific and on Radius mods.

Guess what the AI still doesn't work.

It is exactly like this :

EDIT:

I encountered another classic glitch, namely when enemy armies go on the sea and do absolutely nothing there.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; November 30, 2015 at 10:29 PM.

Misterchief's Avatar Libertus

Spear/Shield Wall unit reformation bug is still in the game.

Why? No money to be made from bug fixes?
    Muh Arche Seleukia

Alemanni "scavenger mobs" butchering my Romans in close quarter street fighting. Sigh. How are the mighty fallen...

This game is far from perfect. It has already been said multiple times, but if you dont mod the start.pos you will end up with the sassanid empire conquering whole turkey along with its allies throughout the campaign. Moreover the nomads raze so many villages which are really expensive to rebuild. Havent seen one faction colonizing a razed settlement yet, leading to half of the map being destroyed after only 100 rounds..

Quote Originally Posted by centoor View Post
    This game is far from perfect. It has already been said multiple times, but if you dont mod the start.pos you will end up with the sassanid empire conquering whole turkey along with its allies throughout the campaign. Moreover the nomads raze so many villages which are really expensive to rebuild. Havent seen one faction colonizing a razed settlement yet, leading to half of the map being destroyed after only 100 rounds..
    Are you excited about War Hammer?
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I am playing a siege defence right now, Yatrib to be more specific and on Radius mods.

Guess what the AI still doesn't work.

It is exactly like this :

EDIT:

I encountered another classic glitch, namely when enemy armies go on the sea and do absolutely nothing there.
    I like the game and haven't had any problems so far...but that Roman guy artwork does look like he's pretty disappointed in himself and his game.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Just found out that the Slavic LDC lacks squatting speramen and axemen. WTF CA? Everybody knows Slavs used to squat in tall grass or mud to ambush invading armies.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Misterchief View Post
    Spear/Shield Wall unit reformation bug is still in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by centoor View Post
    Moreover the nomads raze so many villages which are really expensive to rebuild. Havent seen one faction colonizing a razed settlement yet, leading to half of the map being destroyed after only 100 rounds..
    Thankfully both issues seem to have been fixed with the latest patch.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHoos
    Are you excited about War Hammer?
    Of course! It will be great. Well, hopefully by the second of three instalments. (Because learning by doing... and elves.)

I had a chat with a newcommer to TW yesterday. It was hilarious
    1. He was complainig the skirmish mode does not work in 3 occasions:
    - horse archers caught by melee troop
    - horse archers, when already engaged in melee, remain in melee, do not try to pull back while in skirmish
    - horse archers do not keep their distance and get into a missile battle with lower ranged troops (like javelinmen).

The fellow quit playing as Huns after that

2. The AI charges out of the settlement to attack, even though the player should be attacking. The fellow said it suprised him once that the Ai decided to be proactive, however, this appeared to be a rule.
    - minor settlement towers are therefore useless to the AI
    - this heavily favors any cavalry heavy faction
    - plain stupid

3. The AI poorly or not at all defends the victory point in walled settlement battles from amphibious attack if there is an attack on the walls (however minor).
    - just invites 3-ship settlement capture fleet exploit

something rings a bell, especially regarding skirmish mode

Quote Originally Posted by loony View Post
    2. The AI charges out of the settlement to attack, even though the player should be attacking. The fellow said it suprised him once that the Ai decided to be proactive, however, this appeared to be a rule.
    - minor settlement towers are therefore useless to the AI
    - this heavily favors any cavalry heavy faction
    - plain stupid
    I think this depends on whether the player has "onager superiority". I almost always bring onagers because the towers were so painful to attack, so I am not 100% sure of this, but I don't recall the AI charging out if I did not. Also, if the AI happens to have more onagers than me, I think it sits tight.

It's not THAT dumb behaviour. If the player has onagers, you can destroy relevant towers rendering them useless. However, I agree with your friend, it would be better for the AI to sit tight. The cramped city streets mean that it is much more costly to grind through an inferior AI force than defeat them on the open fields, where they can be flanked and cavalry do its thing.

Foederatus

Why on Earth is there no button to toggle arrow towers on and off? I'm sick of them firing into my own men.

Looks like someone is spamming the normal thread

Default Is there a way to get money back?

I hate attila all combat arrows and the troop is i hate this game!
    Can i get money back?

Default Re: Is there a way to get money back?

I'm pretty sure no one is going to care about your opinion since you can't take the time to put together a logical post. Steam offers refunds for games if you played them less than two hours. Atilla is pretty good. I actually got my copy free in the steam forums from a random guy who said post here for a free game. If there are things you don't like they can usually be fixed or modded. So I'm not sure what your problem is.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Is there a way to get money back?

Yes.