Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: Attila Complaint Thread

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Attila Complaint Thread

One thing that really annoys me, is that you can't have a trade agreement with your neighbour, unless there is direct access to the capital. It makes no sense.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Is there any way to fix the way the new launcher doesn't load the most recent save when you click 'continue campaign', but rather the oldest?

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I can't seem to find a single mod that properly simulates a historically accurate pattern for the migration factions.

The vanilla game is a god damn mess.
    There are razed settlements everywhere.
    There are rebel (grey) factions that everyone ignores.
    There are rebel (colored) roman factions that after conquering 2 or 3 territories become stagnant and eventually buckle and become a grey rebel faction or razed territory.
    The horde factions seem content in razing and sacking settlements and never settling down.
    The AI will never adopt a historically accurate path nor follow its own objectives.
    Meaning:
    The Visigoths will never take over Southern Spain.
    The Suebians will never take over Northern Spain.
    The Ostrogoth will never take over Italy.
    The Franks will never take over Gaul.
    The Vandals will never take over North Africa

Instead all these factions will just go back and forth create a map full of razed settlements and rebels of all sorts of colors.
    The major factions like Sassanids, ERE and WRE will be skewered like swiss cheese by turn 50 from all sides.

Really no matter who you play the campaign map collapses unto itself and by the time you reach turn 75ish there isn't really anyone left to conquer.
    When looking into mods not a single one seem to address this issue.
    Each map overhaul seems to go full retard Settled Huns and Dark Ages are the closest I could find but with dozens of their own problems that make me puke even thinking of playing them.

Is there not a single mod that moves these migrating factions to their proper positions and give them bonuses to use roman infrastructure so they don't all collapse to rebels?
    Is that so god damn hard to ask?
    Try these mods:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/majo_ri.../?appid=325610

Because the AI will never do anything historically accurate/authentic without heavy scripting, which nobody has done for Attila.

Might want to use this also:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=734246004

there is something silly about the climate system
    Well if the climate going to be colder then it may be acceptable for the colder territories to be less fertile but what about the hot territories?
    Why a province in the central Iranian plateau with average temp of 30 in most of the days of year should loose its fertility?
    Our great god AHURA MAZDA demands:
    "Good thoughts of the mind, Good deeds of the hand, and Good words of the tongue"

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I can't seem to find a single mod that properly simulates a historically accurate pattern for the migration factions.

The vanilla game is a god damn mess.
    There are razed settlements everywhere.
    There are rebel (grey) factions that everyone ignores.
    There are rebel (colored) roman factions that after conquering 2 or 3 territories become stagnant and eventually buckle and become a grey rebel faction or razed territory.
    The horde factions seem content in razing and sacking settlements and never settling down.
    The AI will never adopt a historically accurate path nor follow its own objectives.
    Meaning:
    The Visigoths will never take over Southern Spain.
    The Suebians will never take over Northern Spain.
    The Ostrogoth will never take over Italy.
    The Franks will never take over Gaul.
    The Vandals will never take over North Africa

Instead all these factions will just go back and forth create a map full of razed settlements and rebels of all sorts of colors.
    The major factions like Sassanids, ERE and WRE will be skewered like swiss cheese by turn 50 from all sides.

Really no matter who you play the campaign map collapses unto itself and by the time you reach turn 75ish there isn't really anyone left to conquer.
    When looking into mods not a single one seem to address this issue.
    Each map overhaul seems to go full retard Settled Huns and Dark Ages are the closest I could find but with dozens of their own problems that make me puke even thinking of playing them.

Is there not a single mod that moves these migrating factions to their proper positions and give them bonuses to use roman infrastructure so they don't all collapse to rebels?
    Is that so god damn hard to ask?
    This is my ERE campaign around turn 55'ish. As you can see, the Suebians are in northern Spain

I'm using:
    Minoss: Better AI
    Transports through ports only
    Skidvars Garrison mod

TURN 50

TURN 70

The only razed settlements are razed by me
    Last edited by billydilly; April 13, 2018 at 12:13 PM.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W