Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Attila Complaint Thread

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Default Attila Complaint Thread

Moderation Staff have decided to open a Total War: Rome II Complaints thread, which will work similarly to older Empire: Total War criticism threads (1, 2). The main purpose of this thread is to facilitate reasonable discussion and keep the forums clean of duplicate threads. It is not intended for extended discussion on any specific complaint. Thus, moderation will use it's discretion to split healthy discussion to new threads as well as remove posts it deems necessary to prevent disruption, derailment, and other unsuitable behavior. Moderation Staff will also use its discretion to merge 'complaint threads' with this larger thread. Questions and concerns should be directed to a Moderator or Administrator, or posted in the Moderation Commentary Thread.

Regards,
    Total War Center Moderation Staff
    Last edited by Radzeer; December 07, 2014 at 10:15 AM. Reason: update

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Official complaint thread for Total War : Attila

I got a few:
    Were the hell is my map making tools!
    I do hope that we are able to add some of the new features into rome 2!
    The new unit cards looks boring as hell!
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; October 04, 2014 at 08:40 AM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

I only have one complaint; the game looks amazing, but it's still on bloody Warscape.

What a crap engine. Scrap it!

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

-More modding support in terms of tools
    -diversify the units, don't proclaim that a unit is different just beacuse it doesn't wear a similar helmet or something.
    -Don't limit the factions like you did with Rome 2 to DLC content, (seleucid empire, pontus, athen, eiprus, sparta, baktria, and on and on and on....)

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

My complaints.

Theirs little gore and decapitations.

Theirs to much recycled content being used from rome 2.

The new standalone seems to have that horrible tracer effect with bows and crossbows like rome 2.

We need lower pitched voices for attila and not higher ones like rome 2 it made battles seem weak in rome 2.

Campaign map looks dull and boring not enough options and variety for experienced total war players.

NO PLAYABLE HUNS ???.

Lack of information for unit cards and not enough variation of unit information.

MORE MODDING TOOLS SO WE CAN MAKE AMAZING OVERHAULS!!!.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Unit sizes of 120 are far too small and underwhelming. Give us units of 240 lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe
    Give us units of 240 lads!
    Pathfinding'd like a word with you.

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Wow, this thread already? Actually though on reading these some points I agree with, Sharpe most of all. Rome 1 had units with 240 men on max settings (1st cohort, warband etc.), games today should certainly handle the same.
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hibernian View Post
    Pathfinding'd like a word with you.
    Given the size of the settlements and battlefields, pathfinding should not be an excuse (and I use units of 240-300 on Rome 2 and 400-500 on Shogun 2 with no real problems - except for navies)

Small units are my biggest gripe. Can't help but think about the 'final battle' in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. "This is the grand army of the Empire... all 7 of us".

I really hope to hear some word from the devs on this issue.

green tea's Avatar Ducenarius

Funny that TWCenter learned from the past: the first thread in this ATTILA forum is the complaint thread. Proud to be one of the first posters, because, given recent history, this thread will be one of the most read in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by green tea View Post
    Funny that TWCenter learned from the past: the first thread in this ATTILA forum is the complaint thread. Proud to be one of the first posters, because, given recent history, this thread will be one of the most read in the future.
    That or people just love complaining

Campidoctor

Crikey it's a bit early for a complaint thread isn't it, we've only got about five screens to complain on!

Given the size of the settlements and battlefields, pathfinding should not be an excuse (and I use units of 240-300 on Rome 2 and 400-500 on Shogun 2 with no real problems - except for navies)
    Well there must be a problem for ca insisting on so small unit sizes. I mean it's not a question of a hardcore or a casual fan, I guess all the gamers would like bigger battles. Wild guess: Perhaps the culprit is the transport ships, they can't have so many men on board?
    mall units are my biggest gripe. Can't help but think about the 'final battle' in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. "This is the grand army of the Empire... all 7 of us".
    Bruma was worse. I slaughtered dozens of dremora, for Skingrad to send help, and the Dracula guy only sent one ing soldier, who instantly died (levelling issue)

Fireright's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Bobz View Post
    Crikey it's a bit early for a complaint thread isn't it, we've only got about five screens to complain on!
    these are all pre-complaints

iWarsaw's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Rome 2 is a fun game but its buggy and needs a lot of improved designs. There were so many bugs, and features have been changed (some for the worse like the lack of victory points in MP cities) what has changed between Rome 2's release and Atillas? Why is everything now going to be polished and bug free?

How does Atilla handle the city burning? The smoke from gate doors causes my fps to cut in half. (Smoke from towers doesnt do it)

Pathfinding can sometimes be terrible... civilians? Are these in mobs? Are these Children? Are lone units? Lone units everywhere... that could cause some terrible pathfinding and horrible gamebreaking lag. Empire all over again.

CA decided Rome 2 didn't need family trees. Was the politcal/general system everything they wanted in Rome 2? I keep thinking they must of had more planned but with them just putting in the family tree im thinking maybe the political/general system in Rome 2 was actually finished to their standards and if thats there standards what is our family tree going to be like? I want to be able to steal another factions general-son by marrying him, i want my queen to take over the empire when the king dies. People just complained and nagged about the family tree without putting much thought into it and I feel thats the way its going to get delivered back to us.

CA. Lets say no one asked for family trees, would you have added them?

This aint so much a complaints as just random thoughts. Dont put a feature into Rome 2 because the fans asked for it, do it because you (the dev) want it. Fans are stupid. They dont know anything about game development (me included)

I want to see expanded and new features... and I say again they already had Rome 2 to put family trees in and other features so why do it now and not then and is there anything about the old features worth expanding upon or is it all just going to be dropped because it was worthless from the start and CA didn't want to clearly say that?

Multiplayer Wise this game is pathetic. Is Atilla going to do anything to help it?

6.5% have played 10 multiplayer battles.

2.4% have started 5 MP Co-op Campaigns.

In shogun 2 it wasnt much better.

15.1% have played 10 multiplayer battles.

Might we see some form of army builder?

and cant you take my money already? just let me preorder so i can go cry in the shower.

Unit cards could look better. They look a little static. Um... im watching a video and it says on the unit card "Low armor, has range weapon, good vs horsemen" Um.. it says armor 18, i can see they have ammunition, and they have spears. Get rid of that. If people cant tell they have low armor by looking at the low armor, or telling they are good vs horses because they have spears they just might be doomed for TL. Thats a big problem with Rome 2. You don't teach the player. You dont punish the player either. I watch my brother play and he just sends all his spears into the city at once. Told him to build pikes and to put them 2 by 2 into the city. Now he kicks ass.

Raze. You can demolish a city and build a new city? Will you get to name the new city? Does the new city have different amount of slots? Doesn't sound like "new" has anything to do with it. And whats the difference between razing a city and just demolishing all my buildings before the enemy reachs it?
    Last edited by iWarsaw; September 30, 2014 at 02:05 AM.
    You say you wont buy Atilla but your only lying to your self.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

I love the fact family-trees and such are coming back, but it seems to me traits limit is pretty much un-changed?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Unless there is drop down menu/smaller icons or something, but 3 traits is still a bit low. It seems you can get 2 more retinue/ancillaries, which is improvement tought.

Any info if this actually is the case? I do miss the variety M2/R1 engine gave to your generalls in terms of retinue (You could have a bunch of people, not just a person), and tons of traits.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; September 30, 2014 at 01:55 AM.

iWarsaw's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    I love the fact family-trees and such are coming back, but it seems to me traits limit is pretty much un-changed?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Unless there is drop down menu/smaller icons or something, but 3 traits is still a bit low. It seems you can get 2 more retinue/ancillaries, which is improvement tought.

Any info if this actually is the case? I do miss the variety M2/R1 engine gave to your generalls in terms of retinue (You could have a bunch of people, not just a person), and tons of traits.
    Your picture isnt working.

And I do miss the traits from the older total wars. I dislike interchangeable traits because it feels like some of the decision making is lost. There are consequences if you give your general the wrong trait but more so because of the way they just build up in Rome 2 and you have 100 retainers.
    You say you wont buy Atilla but your only lying to your self.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm not outraged at the CA representatives nor the company's people. What I am so outraged out is the fact that CA does not consider moving any of this stuff into Rome 2. With the EE they transferred its features onto the GC. It is an shame. They ' claim' to listen to their fans. Yeah, in one of their interviews they said that they would take feedback for others games but not Rome 2 as they felt everything was fine. This has been a particular problem with CA because they are averse to taking feedback. For example, why is there no advanced street fighting in Rome 2 when that may solve a siege battle's problems? Why are cities not multi dimensional? Why do maps in Rome 2 have the same **** copies? And why for god's sake is the politics system in Attila looking more great than in Rome 2?The New Content team is merely there to create DLC and that's about it. Let's face it, CA have moved their team from Rome 2 to another game. We cannot expect much of them now as they expect its fine with EE. But to be honest, no cinematic intros which were the heart and soul of most total war games have not been implemented. No further improvement on politics, come on what they showed at REZZED with their political system was more than enough to be honest with you. I would have liked that than have this shallow feature because the political system is not politics - it needs elections, debates, choices, some scripting. It still needs work.

CA won't listen. This game will be a wreck on release.

Let's face it, the features we all harped on about for endless months and weeks.....were put into this game. They never cared about fixing any real features of Rome 2. All that feedback was worth nothing.

Its an utter betrayal by the CA team who really don't understand their fans.

They don't and it is a confirmed fact. You know their vanilla roster looks *****, modders make amazing stuff out of them.

I say if CA don't release any modding tools for Rome 2 - again another betrayal. We need access to the whole game to mod it as much as we can.

A real shame. CA was beginning to get my trust back with the edition of EE.....but this was just...shocking.

All the stuff we told them....was for another game.

So there is no point in giving them any feedback at all.

Leave Rome 2 as it is, the people who run CA are pretty clueless and will leave this game like Empire.

They won't even bother fleshing out the politics system or anything!

If CA intent is really doing a Attila-centered game, they should make a map ranging from China to France. It could even work like it did in Empire, with different theaters. But I know that won't happen, and this will be a Barbarian Invasion 2.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I hate those DOTAlike icons above the units. Totally weird for a Total War game.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast