Thread: Why can't I see people?

Default Why can't I see people?

So I was going to play some games with some people but when I got In lobby I can't see them also, there are other people who should have been on that I can't see in the lobby could there possibly be different servers?

Default Re: Why can't I see people?

Since the Steam update, it's gotten a little bit weird. In the lobby you usually see people (unless it's the wrong time of day and nobody is there). Sometimes in the Game Room, there are other people but they don't appear in the list of users. And sometimes people who are definitely in the lobby don't seem to appear in the lobby list.

So, I don't know what it is.

You could also just be in the wrong Lobby. There's "Chat", "Competitive" and "Friendly" (I don't know why there are three). Previous to the Steam update, everyone played in Friendly. Now, everyone plays in Chat. I don't know why.

Its probably the steam update then I checked the other lobbie but thanks!

CA is killing the game, so that you play RTW2 and buy more dlcs after you get bored playing campaign for a while.

Welllllllll, the Steam update and subsequent hotfixes haven't been perfect, but CA rescued the game after Gamespy servers shut down this summer. We would've been without RTW Multiplayer at all except for workarounds like Hamachi that wouldn't have near the volume.

So, good for CA. And as far as things not working perfectly, 1) neither did the Gamespy servers, and 2) things rarely do.

I recommend setting download region of steam server to UK-London or LAN Event (Europe).