Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Future Of Hyrule. It's possibilities and theories of what could happen?

Default Re: The Future Of Hyrule. It's possibilities and theories of what could happen?

ss, oot, MC, and ALTTP their created by the bad guy, in TP, oracles, and maybe WW their living beings.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Default Re: The Future Of Hyrule. It's possibilities and theories of what could happen?

There are only 2 types of moblin in OoT, and one is Ganon himself. Where did you get that the ones in the forest were created by Ganon?
    I was under the impression that the moblins in SS were a part of that demon army mentioned at the start of the game

Well, we may be slightly out of the original topic by now. New topic proposal, to be ignored or responded to at will:
    What would it take (lore-wise) to ally Zora (Dominion) and Gorons? And what would they benefit from as allies?

I understand that the response to this could just be 'play the mod's campaign and find out', but there's got to be some interesting things to draw from. Could Gorons develop a taste for highly valuable pearls and lighter sedimentary snack foods? Do the Zora learn additional healing techniques from mixing populations? Could Darunia out-drink Farkos?
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Canon-lore or nephcanon-lore? I'm going to assume nephcanon.

Mutual threat - KoH is aggressive and expansionist, it makes sense for Zora and Gorons to ally and co-ordinate to ensure both of their independence.
    Long border - An alliance would secure the entire northern border for the Zora Dominion and the Gorons' southern border (with the exception of Kakariko).
    Trade - Gold probably tastes like butter to Gorons, and the Zora seem to have plenty of it. The Zora need metal like any faction, and Goron-made metal is very good, as far as I'm aware.
    Army Composition - Gorons would benefit from the strong line provided by the Zora in battle, and the Zora would benefit from the heavy shock infantry. Combined, they would have easily the best artillery in the world.

what would happen if the forest races united completely, and not under the treat of war. and began mixing people and ideas.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorAYorke View Post
    Well, we may be slightly out of the original topic by now. New topic proposal, to be ignored or responded to at will:
    What would it take (lore-wise) to ally Zora (Dominion) and Gorons? And what would they benefit from as allies?

I understand that the response to this could just be 'play the mod's campaign and find out', but there's got to be some interesting things to draw from. Could Gorons develop a taste for highly valuable pearls and lighter sedimentary snack foods? Do the Zora learn additional healing techniques from mixing populations? Could Darunia out-drink Farkos?
    Pearls are made of Calcium carbonate, an organic molecule, while Gorons tend to eat inorganic molecules, iron, nickel, etc. So I would assume that they wouldn't eat pearls. It's been a while but I would think generally anything that threatens both, lets say some kind of monster that causes death mountain to explode and spill into zora territory. Neither side seems like they would interact they are complete opposites, unless it's at a hot spring in death mountain.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Besides wanting to give peace a chance, there's also the whole Majora coming to take your culture and free will.

majora doesn't want to take freedom away, people just give themselves to him.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorAYorke View Post

1) I like to think that the Coralmold the Zora Make. Has as much potential for industry use as plastic, and rubber.
    Also they can produce crystals that can hold Electricity. Pretty much the World's first Batteries.
    2) The Goron's mining and metallurgy are the best in the known World, and they probable provide KoH with most of their Metal. And unlike Labrynna, they can Produce better grade metals.
    Also it is shown in TP, that the Gorons Use Powerful Cranes and (nature or home) made magnets.

3) Even though it is shown that Labrynna with it's advanced Hydraulics and the ability to make gunpowder with out using Bomb flowers. Actually has non of these that the Zora and Gorons have. which is quite interesting.

4) The Zuna and Darknuts metallurgy are probably that of the Last Years of when Knight Armor in europe were Viable as a mains of warfare. Maybe even of the quality that of the Samurai Swords. But they are quite limited in how they can gain and produce Metal.

With these facts, the Zora and Gorons have a huge power and potential for industry if they were in Our Modern World. So an alliance between the 2 would do wonders for their Econamy, and for their future.

Quote Originally Posted by tf_ View Post
    Canon-lore or nephcanon-lore? I'm going to assume nephcanon.

Mutual threat - KoH is aggressive and expansionist, it makes sense for Zora and Gorons to ally and co-ordinate to ensure both of their independence.
    Long border - An alliance would secure the entire northern border for the Zora Dominion and the Gorons' southern border (with the exception of Kakariko).
    Trade - Gold probably tastes like butter to Gorons, and the Zora seem to have plenty of it. The Zora need metal like any faction, and Goron-made metal is very good, as far as I'm aware.
    Army Composition - Gorons would benefit from the strong line provided by the Zora in battle, and the Zora would benefit from the heavy shock infantry. Combined, they would have easily the best artillery in the world.
    Not only that. But the Gorons are easily the greatest Power on land. Were the Zora are the Greatest Power in the Water, wither it is a river, lake, or sea.
    Bringing them together as a nation or military. Would cover all bases as a military strategist and world power.
    Not only that. But they would have almost no Border disputes and or infighting over possessions. Their culture and values may be different, But they would complement each other well with them. Also there would be not problem of Inbreeding between the 2 races.

Quote Originally Posted by starwars90001 View Post
    what would happen if the forest races united completely, and not under the treat of war. and began mixing people and ideas.
    That would be an interesting turn of events. With the Deku tribes, Kiroki, And Deku trees, being highly territorial and protective of the forest. And the fact that the Lizalfos are constantly planting and expanding the forest. The Great Forest would at the least Grew to cover much more of the Continent of Hyrule.

Also they would come in conflict with the Ordona lumberjacks, And would ether make a deal with them, saying they can only cut down a certain number of trees and in a certain way. Or if both sides were being difficult, it would lead to war, with Ordona and the forest. Which would being in KoH to support their province and protect their interests.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by starwars90001 View Post
    majora doesn't want to take freedom away, people just give themselves to him.
    And those that don't want to give their freedom away to him, he does this to them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    there's also the whole Majora coming to take your culture and free will.
    For those that will not bow to him. He will crush and sweep away.

Edit 2:

Quote Originally Posted by link99918 View Post
    Pearls are made of Calcium carbonate, an organic molecule, while Gorons tend to eat inorganic molecules, iron, nickel, etc. So I would assume that they wouldn't eat pearls. It's been a while but I would think generally anything that threatens both, lets say some kind of monster that causes death mountain to explode and spill into zora territory. Neither side seems like they would interact they are complete opposites, unless it's at a hot spring in death mountain.
    About the pearls as food for the Gorons. It could happen. But i think that Coral alone could be eaten by Gorons as a source of food. Maybe a Coral Eating Goron would be the equivalent of a Vegetarian by Gorons Standards. It would be that strange and rare.

Also in my thoughts. If they lived in the same Territory, they would be/have a Symbiotic relationship but never meet as a culture or United people. They would be in the shadows of each other. Like Salmon and Seagulls, But that may be a Bad example.
    Last edited by Eldren; October 05, 2014 at 03:14 PM.

now this is a question I been thinking about for a while, what would happen if a full scale war broke out like the gerudo wars, where you all the factions fighting their rivals, the difference here being that a great hero like link appears and helps who ever he believes is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    About the pearls as food for the Gorons. It could happen. But i think that Coral alone could be eaten by Gorons as a source of food. Maybe a Coral Eating Goron would be the equivalent of a Vegetarian by Gorons Standards. It would be that strange and rare.

Also in my thoughts. If they lived in the same Territory, they would be/have a Symbiotic relationship but never meet as a culture or United people. They would be in the shadows of each other. Like Salmon and Seagulls, But that may be a Bad example.
    Most coral is also calcium carbonate (hard) or protein (soft), both organic......so if they can eat (hard) coral then they can eat pearls. Gorons eat stone (mostly inorganic) and metal (inorganic), so unless you have an example of em eating coral and not getting sick, they can't eat pearls and coral.

now this is a question I been thinking about for a while, what would happen if a full scale war broke out like the gerudo wars, where you all the factions fighting their rivals, the difference here being that a great hero like link appears and helps who ever he believes is right.

I suppose It dépend of the heroe. What is his country ? His psychology ? If he is native of Hyrule he will most want help his native country, and if he is native of Gerudo's desert he (she) will help Gerudo because he/she knows the difficulties of his country.

I don't think he'd really take a side in a war that wasn't directly 'good vs evil'. Based on the character of Link in the canon games (correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he's significantly different in nephcanon) he'd probably end up doing something that ends the war, since it all turns out to be a misunderstanding or something.

but how would link or another hero like that go about doing it. take for a fact that some of those factions are puppet being be somebody or are self-righteous believing what they do is right, how would a white hero idea with a world like this.

@starwars90001
    With the power of friendship of course.

Even if it was a grey vs gray situation I think he would side with hylians or try to take out whichever side is less willing to compromise. ex: Farkos

Quote Originally Posted by Encablossa View Post
    @starwars90001
    With the power of friendship of course.

Even if it was a grey vs gray situation I think he would side with hylians or try to take out whichever side is less willing to compromise. ex: Farkos
    Yeah I imagine if his eternal friend zone princess was in anysort of fight he would side with her....unless she was possessed then he would find a way to unpossesse her and joing her side.

that's saying if he thinks the hylians are doing good. and this link(sued have said this first) isn't like the one from the the missions, this link is just a traveler, he or she may not even be hylian, think like a character from fallout or elder scrolls he or she has no standing with any faction and just does what's right.

that's saying if he thinks the hylians are doing good. and this link(sued have said this first) isn't like the one from the the missions, this link is just a traveler, he or she may not even be hylian, think like a character from fallout or elder scrolls he or she has no standing with any faction and just does what's right.

(Sorry for my first post, apparently I had a bug )

In that event it's even more difficult to answer. Do you prefer join imperial or sombrage ? Do you prefer join Hyrule or Lanayru or Gerudo ? All depend of player. A stranger could be join Lanayru beacause he is agree with their ambition to become independant. He could join Hyrul ebecause he thinks that their are guardian of the world and to be a worshiper the goddesses. Possibilities are infinites.

@encablossa

Not sure, he could join Lanayru for their independance, Ordonna to protect them of Moblins and Lizalfos, Kokiri to protect the forest. Possibilities are infinites ^^.

For me the question is more : Who your heroe would help ? (Sorry I'm not sure to make a good question)