Thread: Symphony Sounds Unpacker/Packer

Default Symphony Sounds Unpacker/Packer

Hi guys,

I recently downloaded the Symphony sounds unpacker/packer, but I can't get it to work.

I'm aware that it can only be opened using command lines, but I'm not sure what command I'm supposed to type in.

I've tried copying the lines I found on the symphony main page, but I've had no luck so far.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...packer-packer)

If anyone could write down what exact command line I'm supposed to type in to access the sound files for Empire: total war I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers.

Dave

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Symphony Sounds Unpacker/Packer

Here is what I use

Unpack

symphony extract "F:\Strategy\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war" "E:\Game modding\NTW\Steph\Voices\Extract"

Pack

symphony pack "F:\Strategy\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war" "E:\Game modding\NTW\Steph\Voices\Extract" "C:\Users\Stephane\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts\user.script.txt" "E:\Game modding\NTW\Steph\Voices\Pack"

Red: folder where NTW is installed
    Blue: your working folder where you have the XML/CSV files
    Green: path to the user script
    Purple: folder where you want to packed files to go

Hi Steph,

I've tried using the method you've pointed out, but it keeps telling me that symphony extract is not a recognised internal or external command. Is there something I'm supposed to type in first before the command? I'm new to this so please forgive my ignorance.

Thanks for your help so far

Patrician Artifex

you have to start if from the folder where you have installed symphony

In my case I start a MS-DOS command, I use dos command such as cd to change the directory, and then I type the command line above.

You could try to create a bat file and use the full path, like c:\MyFolderPath\symphony extract "F:\Strategy\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war" "E:\Game modding\NTW\Steph\Voices\Extract"

Too bad Crux3D did not transfer the source code of this tool, I could have tried to expand it a little and make a UI for it.

Thanks for your help Steph, I finally got it working.

Is it just me or are some of the sound text files missing? Many of the sounds that are in the game aren't referred to in the text files. I've noticed that when I load my mod with my new sounds pack file, half the sounds in the game are missing.

Have you had this experience and/or know how to resolve it?

Patrician Artifex

no problem with mising sound so far. Whatr kind of sound is missing?

Battle sounds such as melee are missing, in addition to the main menu music and the sounds that are generated when you click on a building on the campaign map.

The problem appears to be with the repacking process.

I extracted the sound files from the vanilla install, and then repacked them.

I didn't edit the files in any way. Yet the same issue occurs where sounds are missing.

Any ideas as to how I can resolve this?