Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For anyone that got XC going with Steam Gold edition and BI exe

Default Re: For anyone that got XC going with Steam Gold edition and BI exe

Hey Zarax thanks for helping.

after selecting where i wanted to install, it gave me a messaged:
    "your version of Rome Total war appears to be incorrect. This mod requires RTW version 1.5:BI version 1.6, or RTW:ALex version 1.9"

I checked it game in the foulder and they are all corrrectly updated.

after installing, a new error has come up when starting the game. Error loading mount database.

GeoHitmanGR's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by BlaRRGH View Post
    Hey Zarax thanks for helping.

after selecting where i wanted to install, it gave me a messaged:
    "your version of Rome Total war appears to be incorrect. This mod requires RTW version 1.5:BI version 1.6, or RTW:ALex version 1.9"

I checked it game in the foulder and they are all corrrectly updated.

after installing, a new error has come up when starting the game. Error loading mount database.
    Unfortunately the installer is pretty old and the latest updates broke it. We are currently working to bring it back into working shape.
    On the bright side, after the next version, the mod will be modfoldered under xc5 and will no longer conflict with previous installations of extended cultures 4.

Still not perfect, but this should work for the majority of the people here who do not use custom steam library locations.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5y38bon7ut...Alpha.exe?dl=0
    Last edited by GeoHitmanGR; February 01, 2017 at 09:08 AM.

The latest version still does not show the full install options for using Barbarian Invasion or Alex for me. Cannot play online with a friend because of this. Is there any way to fix the installer myself so I can see all the options?

Quote Originally Posted by name0 View Post
    The latest version still does not show the full install options for using Barbarian Invasion or Alex for me. Cannot play online with a friend because of this. Is there any way to fix the installer myself so I can see all the options?
    Hi. Can you tell us which version are you using? Also is your rtw path recognised at least or is it blank?

Earlier builds of xc5 have a slightly broken installer and to be honest it's not yet fully playable.
    If you want to try it online with a friend, I'd recommend the final version of xc4 as it's the most stable and fully fledged version.

http://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/cv/xcfiles/XC_4%20v1.12.exe

If the problem persists with this version, you may have a custom steam library location, which unfortunately the installer does not support (yet).
    Finnaly, there is always a possibility that your RTW installation is bugged and needs to be redownloaded (not just verified, downloaded from scratch).

P.S: A manual installation is possible, but unless you are at least somewhat experienced with tagged files, I'd recommend against it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoHitmanGR View Post
    Hi. Can you tell us which version are you using? Also is your rtw path recognised at least or is it blank?

Earlier builds of xc5 have a slightly broken installer and to be honest it's not yet fully playable.
    If you want to try it online with a friend, I'd recommend the final version of xc4 as it's the most stable and fully fledged version.

http://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/cv/xcfiles/XC_4%20v1.12.exe

If the problem persists with this version, you may have a custom steam library location, which unfortunately the installer does not support (yet).
    Finnaly, there is always a possibility that your RTW installation is bugged and needs to be redownloaded (not just verified, downloaded from scratch).

P.S: A manual installation is possible, but unless you are at least somewhat experienced with tagged files, I'd recommend against it.
    I have found installing the game on the C: drive of my pc let me install the game normally. Enjoying it now with an easy, quick installing using the BI expansion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12