Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [SubMod] Armenian Faction. v0.2

Default Re: [SubMod] Armenian Faction. v0.2

Just for fun :)
    Last edited by Avetis; October 06, 2014 at 03:11 PM.

vlakc's Avatar Civis

Hi, I just recently decided to try Constantine and also this mod.

However there seems to be a problem with some units in this mod, the highlanders and other units seem to be missing a few parts, is this a common bug? is there a way to solve it?

I copy-pasted the file in page 1 to rome 2's data folder and then activated it though the launcher's mod manager, did I missed something?

Thanks for the help in advance.

EDIT: Thanks a lot for clarifying Avetis (screenshot removed)
    Last edited by vlakc; October 06, 2014 at 09:23 AM.

Looks like you run my submod only. Without main mod files.

Mod Manager should be like this

P.S. Can you please remove your screenshot or hide it into spoiler to reduce page weight? It will be many screens
    Last edited by Avetis; October 06, 2014 at 09:19 AM.

Revision of roster (trying to accurate historical names). Since baptising there were many changes in language. So this is kind a dilemma, different resources - different names.
    Anyway, what we have

Infantry:

Gugaz (hillmen, town levies)
    Shinakan Zork (levy spearmen)
    Ahehnavor (levy archers)
    Vardzkan Kurd (kurdish javs)

Ashkharazor (medium spearmen, "sparabara" for now)
    Shertavor (medium melee infantry, will replace "Vishap" with the same skin)

Ahehnadzik (heavy archer)
    Kentronakan (heavy spearmen, already in)
    Legionarii, maybe Azad (already in)

Cavalry (all light/medium cavalry actualy called "Aspatak", so kind a problem here ):

Ahehnavor Ayrudzi (Light Horse Archers)
    Aspatak (Light Horse Skirmishers)
    Asnvasor (Medium cavalry, "aspatak" for now)

Ezelak (Heavy horse archers)
    Azat
    Nakharar
    Mardpetakan (royal guard, lance, bow, melee weapon, replaces both cataphracts; must have dismounted version, bow, shield, mace/sword)

I think that's all.
    Full updated roster for Armenia, new screens through all texture/model/colors changes I've made since first version:

First post updated

UNIT CARDS

LEVIES AND LIGHT UNITS

Gugaz - levies from towns and highlands.

Shinakan Zork - levy spearmen

Ahehnavor - levy archers

Vardzkan Kurd - Kurdish and South Armenian javelin levies

Aspatak - is basicly name of all light cavalry. In this case Aspatak - light cavalry skirmishers

Ahehnavor Ayrudzi - Light hirse archers

MEDIUM AND TRAINED TROOPS

Ashkharazor - medium spear, barding with mail and equiped with large wicker shields

Shertavor - trained citizens, good equiped, attacking troops.

Asnvasor - medium, good equiped and fast cavalry

Ezela (or Ezelak) - heavy armoured horse archers

HEAVY NOBLES

Azat Aspet - lower armenian nobles

Nakharar Aspet - high Armenian nobles. Simillar to medieval feodals. In different times there were about 300-500 Nakharars in Armenia. Of course their quantity depends to territory area.

PROFESSIONAL AND ELITE SOLDIERS

Kentronakan - heavy Armenian spearmen, mostly veterans and choosen warriors

Armenian Legionarii - result of Roman influence to all Armenians, and especially Tiridat who grow up at Roman court

Mardpetakan - royal guardsmen, elite, excelent trained troops. Fight and equiped in Eastern fashion.
    Mardpetakan cavalry - shock cavalry, also equiped with bows. Mostly simbiosys of classic Eastern heavy cavalry and Nomad heavy cavalry. Later, in IV-VII centuries almost all heavy troops were equiped with bows.
    Mardpetakan infantry - foot royal guradsmen, heavy infantry with bows, round shields and mace or axe

Last edited by Avetis; October 06, 2014 at 03:14 PM.

These are just... wow beautiful. Amazing job

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

My friend you have done a wonderfull work!
    I wonder if you could share with us (TGC mod) your shield paterns in psd format to help us make our AOR Armenian troops as well!
    CREDITS will be given of course!!!
    PM me please no matter what your desition will be!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Thanks for your response guys!

AntoniusII
    Sure. There is all round and oval shields maps in DDS format, and two PSD's.

PSD for round shield has "MAIN PATTERN" Layer inside the "Group 1"
    Oval PSD has text layer which can be replaced with pattern

Oval shield based on CRoC oval shield, and they based on standard aux shield, but wider, so patterns in DDS has 75% width.
    Round shield from OSP, with custom textures.
    Also you'll find the folder with different sings, crosses, mandalas etc. that can be used to baptised Armenia.

I basicly have no secret weapons, so here is the link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ph...35/shields.rar

Last edited by Avetis; October 07, 2014 at 06:18 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Thank you my friend ! You will have news from us realy soon! +rep
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

You're welcome. I'm waiting for TGC mod btw

Little update I've made today is for rebalance:
    I played some battles and issued that Mardpetakan Gund is just very very expensive archers
    But they are royal guard, you know. Let them warrant their cost
    So I've increase the size to normal infantry unit, made them more compact and increase melee attack and defence.
    Don't expect they will be immortals and beat Palatina at 1x1 battle, but now they are realy elite eastern infantry.

Just remember: Mardpetakan is first of all shock cavalry, and Mardpetakan Gund is first of all heavy melee infantry. Through the game engine I just can't to place them in those groups and they are at missiles tables. So don't forget to disable "skirmish mode" for them.

These units are different to classic units we have in the RTW2, so tactics is different too.
    Tactics is very subjectively but I think the best use of foot guards is second line. When the first line of skirmishers is ready to step back, try to use bows as long as you can, but don't loose the chanse for charging. In this case you'll get the maximum effect from them.
    As for Mardpetakan cavalry, I think the best way is to charge first (but not against spearmen or missile cavalry of course), then go back and try to use missiles waiting for next chanse to charge.
    Last edited by Avetis; October 07, 2014 at 10:53 AM.

I will work on incorporating this and getting it uploaded, hopefully by tomorrow.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

As much as these units are soooo sweet and cool, the armenian gameplay is soooo annoying, I can't describe. Feels almost like an unrequited love

Thanks for the great work, Avetis!

Quote Originally Posted by Furgon View Post
    As much as these units are soooo sweet and cool, the armenian gameplay is soooo annoying, I can't describe. Feels almost like an unrequited love
    This period is one of hardest in Armenia history, so it has to be hard and annoying. Your position is between two greatest states of the World - Rome and Sassanid Iran.
    It will be more interesting and harder to play Armenia when this mod will be ready at 100%. I think there will be many another diplomatic and war features that make this game exciting
    Think about tons of Sassanids troops (their roster must be one of the largest, I hope I'll help with this) who will try to convert back to Zoroastrism this small ancient nation of Armenian. It's hard to be Vardan Mamikonian (read about Avarayr Battle, inspire yourself )

Dresden,
    I think it's for a future plans, but I want to make some comments about army caps.
    If we try to make it historical accurate, army cap must be relative to "fame level".
    Quantity of nobility depends to territory area, because we can equal nobles units with feodal knights. I don't know is it possible to do, but if it is should be something like this:
    Azat Aspet = 3*army_cap
    Nakharar = 1*army_cap
    Mardpetakan (each cavalry and foot) = 1*army_cap or even better 1*region quantity (am I too demanding?) because they must be the guradians at Governor's court
    Legionarii - historicaly there were only two Armenian legions, maybe their cap must be fixed at 4-6 or something
    Kentronakan was more distributed troops, so 4*army_cap should be fine
    Last edited by Avetis; October 09, 2014 at 01:20 AM.

The problem with army caps that are not using the table (campaign cap) is that they usually only affect the player. We could possibly do it with scripting but it would be fairly complicated.

I have no idea why I can't get the Armenian chapter missions working (even the vanilla ones). I may end up adding this submod without doing the custom missions, but it would be much cooler if I can get them working. I will keep at it, but if I can't then I will add this to the mod by this weekend.

Edit: So I finally narrowed down the problem to the custom Iceni (Constantine faction) custom mission script. I can't find the error yet but for some reason including that script makes the following ones not work. The good news is that at least now I can go about finding/fixing the error I hope.
    Last edited by Dresden; October 08, 2014 at 03:00 PM.

Finally got my custom chapter missions working and am now integrating this into the mod. Hopefully will release it tonight (or tomorrow if I hit any issues).

Since we are adding around 60 MB to the mod with so many great new textures/models, hopefully we can also use these for the Sasanians as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Since we are adding around 60 MB to the mod with so many great new textures/models, hopefully we can also use these for the Sasanians as well.
    Sure, two new helmets are actualy Iranian type. New mail, leg armour textures are Eastern type too, so many of these can be used for Sassanids.
    Also I'm working at Sassanid patterns for my round shields. Then i will focus at some clothes/armour textures for them.
    I need to consolidate my work with Ahiga and I think Sassanids will be ready to battle

Just uploaded the new version that has your changes, it looks great! Seriously wonderful work.

The reason I ask about using current models and textures is the size of the mod is a concern (for Steam). There are limits to the mod size (that is why there are 2 parts) and I am running out of space on the Workshop. If we have to, we can have someone else upload a new part but I was hoping to be able to keep it contained in the current 2 parts of the mod. However, quality is definitely a priority over worrying about the mod size (but the size is a consideration).

Thanks!

I understand your goals about size, will try to minimize as much, as it possible

Really awesome work Avetis jan, but Argishti's shield looks out of place I think, but maybe I'm wrong, were those decorations used in latter times also? I really like the arevakhach though! There's a lot of great images on this Wikipedia page about different types of arevakhachs, maybe you could get some inspiration from there?

Great work nonetheless, I never imagined I would see those 3D reconstructions in Rome 2.

Cheers,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast