Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback, Discussion & Bugs] Rome 2 Total Realism

necronox's Avatar ▬▬ι═══════- -═══════ιι▬

Default [Feedback, Discussion & Bugs] Rome 2 Total Realism

As much as we try to release stable, bug-free updates, sometimes we miss a couple bugs or such, so, if you find any, please post it up in this thread along with as much information as possible, additionally, screenshots would be more then helpful especially if it the bug is text related or graphic related.

ps: the more bugs and error we find now, the less there will be later, so the better the game enjoyment
    Last edited by JaM; December 19, 2016 at 02:41 PM.

Default Re: Rome II Total Realism Bug Thread

Version 2, Playing as Rome, no other Mods installed:

* Playing with Rome, Buildings dont show what Units are recruitable. (Example: Rome has Barracks, i can recruit Hastati, but it does not show them in the Building info)
    * Roman Horse Generals have no Weapons

regarding #1, Roman standard units are available from base cities, they are not linked with barracks. those only increase the recruitment slots etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    regarding #1, Roman standard units are available from base cities, they are not linked with barracks. those only increase the recruitment slots etc.
    Just checked, Roman Cities only show what garrison units they have, not what is recruitable

yet you are still able to recruit those units, right? I believe Rome 2 only shows those units that are new to the recruitment. and because these units are defined in both Barracks and City, they are not shown in neither of those.

Normally there should be a "Allows Recruitment of...." in the Infobox on the left, doesn't it ?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=318896876

Not if unit is available from more than single building, which is this case. We had to do it this way, so player and AI has access to complete Roman units from the start, as Early legion was formed of all three heavy infantry types. Triarii were not some special unit, they were practically Roman reservists.

Btw, thank you for posting any bugs you find, we will try to fix them shortly, most of such issues are fully save game compatible, therefore fixes will not impact your current game.
    Last edited by JaM; September 26, 2014 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    Not if unit is available from more than single building, which is this case. We had to do it this way, so player and AI has access to complete Roman units from the start, as Early legion was formed of all three heavy infantry types. Triarii were not some special unit, they were practically Roman reservists.

Btw, thank you for posting any bugs you find, we will try to fix them shortly, most of such issues are fully save game compatible, therefore fixes will not impact your current game.
    Ah, sorry, i had to read that three times to fully grap that Sorry for reporting a "not really bug". But will search more ^^ (hope not to find much)

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Recruiting units is impossible; all are greyed out with the caption "no recruitment points available". Playing on Legendary starting as the Seleucids.

some unexpected bugs occured today.We apologize.I think in 1-2 days all will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Invictus View Post
    Recruiting units is impossible; all are greyed out with the caption "no recruitment points available". Playing on Legendary starting as the Seleucids.
    Same here but as Athens. Damn I was so looking forward to playing this. Keep up the good work guys, can't wait to play!

The manpower system seems to have been disabled. Yesterday my cities offered +1 2 or 3 recruitment depending on where they are but now every province is just 1 and the main settlements have no +recruitment slots.
    On the upside the campaign was amazing until i couldnt create more units.

I find that it seems to have some version problems? It originally showed as being out of date for the mod version, and then when I redownloaded Nomina Authentica became out of date but the main campaign is playable by version. Is this meant to be the case?

EDIT:

I saw someone mention this, but I've lost the post: after clicking on a faction (I believe Hayasdan) the other factions in the campaign menu no longer display faction specific bonuses and negatives that come with them.

EDIT 2:

I started as SPQR, the starting message should probably refer to a "desert" and not a "dessert" wind?
    Last edited by LordHoth; September 27, 2014 at 06:02 AM.

Worm?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-09-27_00001.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	351.2 KB 
ID:	314779

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

Having issues with the ports as Rome. Other factions and rome in imperator augustus ships can be built but not in main campaign. Not sure what the implications are but something is not right there.
    Also i noticed that the recruitment is fixed but main settlements still dont show exactly how many slots each building gives me. Not gamebreaking but it was in there before but not anymore.

@N0vax i plan to post later today a deteiled desription as to the new features of the mod including recruitment.Also some strategic recomendations.
    About ports now.You mean you cannot recruit at all? there are no units available? no recruitment slots? what exactly is the problem?

The recruitment option isnt there. So if i play any other faction the different ports will say recruit this type of ship. And also in imperator as any roman the ports come up with recruitment options depending on the port type. but 272 roman ports just have no options, dont think its a slot issue just more base recruit options.

2TPY for 272 campaign is oversight. it was supposed to be set to 4TPY, but for some reason it wasnt. It will be changed to 4TPY soon.

Quote Originally Posted by N0vaxz View Post
    The recruitment option isnt there. So if i play any other faction the different ports will say recruit this type of ship. And also in imperator as any roman the ports come up with recruitment options depending on the port type. but 272 roman ports just have no options, dont think its a slot issue just more base recruit options.
    As for ports issue i forwarded you message to developers forum and someone will take care of it.
    For general game guidelines i will have to ask for your patience.We must first decide which changes will be kept and which not and then will post an analytical thread.

Chernish's Avatar Decanus

Yes, in Main Campaign as Rome I cannot recruit ships at all - in all ports.

Do what must be and let be what will

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast