Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback, Discussion & Bugs] Rome 2 Total Realism

Default Re: Rome II Total Realism Bug Thread

I was wondering if this is an "bug" or really an feature, but here goes:

I've had some weird (to me) cases where my units tend to rout for no obvious rational reason. Last case was, when I was playing with sparta defending an city and killed or routed all but the general unit (phalangnite) of the enemy. I got my general unit on front keeping them busy while sneaking one almost full hoplite unit (spartan hoplite?) on the back. Soon my silver chevron spartans at rear paniced and routed against the back of the rookie general unit. This is just one example. I've had one enemy unit surrounded by six units and four of them routed on almost similiar situation. All seasoned/veteran or elite units.

I would understand if my general would be dead, routing unit had much casaulties or the battle was not going well for me, but having almost wiped out the enemy and then loose the fight, is bit strange. Maybe it got something to do about spear hoplite attacking and not just holding ground?

Its actually a vanilla bug we have reported to CA several times, but it was never fixed. in cities, sometimes you receive flanking and attacked in rear penalties, instead of enemy you are attacking. there is nothing we can do about it.

Ok, good to know I'm not imagining things.

It's not a game stopper, just weird.

Kreissig's Avatar Laetus

Playing as Seleucia, at about turn 20 I was given the mission "recruit dignitary" with a time limit of 6 turns. After 2 turns I received the "failed mission" pop-up.

Decanus

As bactria I captured Muel. Muel produces 0 wealth. Bactria is filthy rich - neighbors are broke. Hillman are now very strong for cheap. There are two cavalry units for generals one is 150 upkeep the other is 65 .. only difference seems to be 5 armor.

Yes indeed, Bactria neighbors are almost bankrupts
    It happened to me that, when I lowered tax bar to minimum in order to increase the growth of my capitol, I was surprised when after 4 turns the little green progress bar was in same position- no progress. But when I moved the slide in tax menu to max and back again to min, in next turn it was working properly. I've hope that I didn't complicated it too much
    I saw also that mercenary armoured steppe horse archers have 300 upkeep cost, is this ok?

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

Decanus

The problem is these single settlement factions don't start with any buildings aside from their main settlement structure - if they aren't growing or the faction is broke they won't be able to expand or pay for a secondary building. One way to fix this is to give these small factions secondary or even a third building right off the start of the campaign. Given the fact that certain settlements eg: gold resource .. now produce 500 wealth at lvl 1 - these other settlements that have lost all their wealth, they need additional buildings off the start of the campaign in order to be competitive.

Also, the high replenishment while garrisoned is allowing me to steam roll the enemy.

I use win 8.1 and met those bugs:
    1. African war elephant don't throw javelins
    2. The Consentia town, north of Syracuse has 3 garrison units (not sure this is a bug or not?)
    3. Dimmidi province has Pillars of Hercules instead of Tingis or Gadinra

Decanus

In my image you can see that building a garrison settlement means that I pass on 500 wealth. With a garrison settlement I will have 1 extra hillman and 1 extra eastern spear, and a small amount of local replenishment, but less growth. These extra garrison units are worth maybe, 30 or 40 upkeep per turn, so, they are worth about 80 total, per turn. I would rather have 500 wealth per turn than to have two cheap units in my garrison - after 10 turns my market settlement will produce 5000 wealth, but upkeep for troops in my garrison settlement is only worth 800. After 20 turns... 30 turns....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/viz96d02ga...mentt.jpg?dl=0

edit: I didn't mention the public order - but the wealth disparity is so enormous that I don't think +2 public order can offset that, not even close.
    Last edited by La Tene; October 20, 2014 at 05:35 AM.

Doesn't garrison settlement also increase recruitment slots by +1 in that province?

Decanus

Well, both settlements do, there is no gain.

Civil settlement should increase it by +1, while Garrison settlement by +2 (for both navy and army). Garrison settlement is not supposed to have huge impact on garrison in the city, that you can increase by building additional barracks there, it is supposed to increase your recruitment slots, so you can recruit army faster in that province. Regarding garrison units, these will be adjusted for more worthy units in next version, it just takes time to adjust all factions at once,some small Eastern nations might take a while as large factions are main priority.
    Last edited by JaM; October 20, 2014 at 05:45 AM.

Decanus

Ok well I hope that gets fixed because it is currently +1 for either settlement. The wealth disparity is very large.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

In any case all settlement upgrades must have number and quality defense units upgrades too.
    IF a village has 6 units as defenders (i use the idiotic patch 15 vanilla game as example) then the next upgrade must add atleast one more defense unit.
    Also progressivly the quality of the defenders must upgrade too!
    CAUTION: In a mod with the title "Realism" there is no place for Mob!!!
    Units like slingers or levy javelinmen were actually the "Mob"!!!!
    Also....In the Roman case "Veteran" Legionaires must be accessible ONLY as millitary settlements instant defenders!
    Those troops were actually warriors on retire that defended the lands that got as retirment payment by the empire!!
    I am looking forward for the next version to test this promissing mod!!!!
    PS: Remember that land guarissons must not be able to reach the number of 20 units because in coastal settlements where naval units will be available too , may cause ctds!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

As a general rule in R2TR the fruits of your "investment" in a certain building line are not always immediately seen.Sometime certain gamers focus only in the next level buildings and compare these two only and fail to see the greater picture.For example i have made a level 2 building from level 1 and i chose a certain path where is my "reward"?Well sometimes the reward comes later in game.Sometimes the "Fruits" of your effords come to play on level 3 or 4 but to reach level 3 or 4 have to pass from level 2 isn't it?So as a general advice don't focus on immediate compensation of your investment in a building but look the general idea.For example a city in level 2 gives the same recruitment slots as a town level4 (+1) but in level 4 gives +3 which makes a difference..(garrison cities more and so on..)
    @Anthonius You have good points there but GArrisons are not complete yet.More improvements are coming..

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    A
    @Anthonius You have good points there but GArrisons are not complete yet.More improvements are coming..
    That is why "sugestions" exist in 1st place!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

regarding mob, im constantly removing those units form recruitment, i dont think there are any left as garrison now.. some of them were actually reused into new units, like for example Italic mob is now representing Italic militia garrison units. Similar applies to Carthage and few more.

Decanus

Frankly speaking, I would never build a garrison settlement. Maybe, maybe if it produced +2 recruitment slots.

Quote Originally Posted by La Tene View Post
    Frankly speaking, I would never build a garrison settlement. Maybe, maybe if it produced +2 recruitment slots.
    It is supposed to have +2 recruitment, therefore if current build doesn't have it, it is a bug and it is already taken care of in our test build, which means next version will have this fixed.

Decanus

Hopefully an extra recruitment slot is enough for balance because with 500 wealth per turn a full stack army can be built very fast. Maybe the garrison settlement needs +4 public order also, especially considering how up and down PO now is.