Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback, Discussion & Bugs] Rome 2 Total Realism

Default Re: Rome II Total Realism Bug Thread

thats strange indeed. Any chance you have something else activated together with R2TR? i have checked public version, and i was able to recruit units just fine.

Today I loaded my Rome campaign, and after Ending a turn I ran into the the same issue of others in not being able recruit Hastati. I also have an issue with settlements not showing up in the building panel. Patavia does not show up in the lower panel, and the province just north of Rome (starts with V) is not showing up in the settlement/buildings panel at the bottom of the screen. I own all the settlements in those provinces, and the other settlements show up, but not these two, so I cannot build any further at these locations. Also, on the settlements which DO show the 'construction' panel there seems to be a bug with interaction. To build a new building or get the dismantle/upgrade options I have to hold my mouse over the building for 5-10 second before the game registers that I am trying to interact with it, and sometimes I cant even get it to do that.

*I also tried starting a new campaign and had the same issues.

~Playing Rome II Total Realism mod and nothing else.

-Screenshots on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...94/screenshots

*Posted saved games in proper thread, TY for the quick response! You guys rock!
    Last edited by Rugin84; October 06, 2014 at 06:42 PM.
    ~Loyalty always, but honor first.~

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

@CvanI & Rugin84 - can you post some pictures and probably load some save game here ?

Do you guys also play with non-English version of the game ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

To better to facilitate bug hunting process, please post save game at Save Games Upload thread and bugs discussion at Rome II Total Realism Bug Thread.

This is to ensure that reported bugs and issues do not get lost as threads grows.

Thanks you.

R2TR
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Senator

the civil colonia seems to be bugged. after building it as rome in lilybaeum it reduces the naval recruitment points in that province by 1. im not using any other mods. the civil colonia doesnt seem to affect land recruitment points at all? after building it i could still recruit the same number of land units in that province.

civil colonia bugged (reduces naval recruitment point by 1) - 1 turn left to build pic 1 :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

civil colonia bugged (reduces naval recruitment point by 1) - 1 turn left to build pic 2 :

civil colonia bugged (reduces naval recruitment point by 1) - built pic 1 :

civil colonia bugged (reduces naval recruitment point by 1) - built pic 2 :

Last edited by lesterthenerd; October 07, 2014 at 04:35 AM.

Mabey there was a mistake in symbols intstead of 1 we put -1.Will check and fix asap.Thanks for reporting..
    EDIT i checked the tables are correct but mabey there was a mistake in uploading.Forwarding this to developers forum to solve soon.
    Last edited by Phalangitis; October 07, 2014 at 06:09 AM.

All town give only 1 recruitment slot due to fewer population.Civil towns though they give 2 slots but on level 4.The same goes for navy.The naval recruitment usually is affected on the sea region where the town is and Lilybaecum is in a different region than Brundisium (i think i cannot check right now).What i dont get though is why you got a stop in recruitment in Brundidium.I cannot find a mistake in the tables.Will consult others but generally would help if you could send your save file to save game thread.We will respond as soon as we can.
    Last edited by Phalangitis; October 07, 2014 at 06:31 AM.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Eamonn View Post
    Ok,

I in both cases I was the Averiei and he was Rome. It crashed while going through the AI moves. The turn 4 crash is happening while on the Egypt faction and on the turn 8 crash it happens with the last AI faction on the list before returning to us.

Thanks.
    Oh and we are both set on legendary. Hope this helps.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    All town give only 1 recruitment slot due to fewer population.Civil towns though they give 2 slots but on level 4.The same goes for navy.The naval recruitment usually is affected on the sea region where the town is and Lilybaecum is in a different region than Brundisium (i think i cannot check right now).What i dont get though is why you got a stop in recruitment in Brundidium.I cannot find a mistake in the tables.Will consult others but generally would help if you could send your save file to save game thread.We will respond as soon as we can.
    i checked the tables too and compared it to the original tables in the data2.pack and everything regarding recruitment points seems fine. the bug seems to only negatively affect naval recruitment though because like i said i can recruit units on land in Lilybaecum.

ill try redownloading rome 2 overnight and see it that fixes anything.

i uploaded a save file here - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14142021

cheers.
    Last edited by lesterthenerd; October 07, 2014 at 07:03 AM.

bug?

I find it unfortunate that the horse no longer be improved in the horse-villages.

that is actually intentional. All horse movement speeds are adjusted to be realistic, so getting +10 or +20% to speed disbalance this quite a lot.. instead, charge should be getting a bonus for those.

Kreissig's Avatar Laetus

Playing as Seleucia, all generals recruited start at age 4.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Kreissig View Post
    Playing as Seleucia, all generals recruited start at age 4.
    It's a new campaign since the very latest patch ?

In naval battles my garrison ships wont ram. They just kind of stopped and were then boarded. I lost to a transport fleet. I dont know if its like that with a normal navy as I haven't played one yet.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Cidalsleepwalker View Post
    In naval battles my garrison ships wont ram. They just kind of stopped and were then boarded. I lost to a transport fleet. I dont know if its like that with a normal navy as I haven't played one yet.
    What faction are you playing ? I think many factions navy don't have ramming ability now and I believe JaM is writing the full explaination of how battles (land/sea) works.

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    that is actually intentional. All horse movement speeds are adjusted to be realistic, so getting +10 or +20% to speed disbalance this quite a lot.. instead, charge should be getting a bonus for those.
    For barbarians (Steppe) - Easterners there is also a ranged accuracy cavalry bonus..

Quote Originally Posted by ^OvO^ View Post
    What faction are you playing ? I think many factions navy don't have ramming ability now and I believe JaM is writing the full explaination of how battles (land/sea) works.
    I was playing as Rome. It was early in the game as well. I'll wait for JaM's info thank you.

Hemiolias are unable to ram, thats intentional. They didnt had ram in real life, were just used as patrol boats. Same applies to Bireme, yet Liburnia, which is late type of Bireme is adjusted for ramming. In the future, we will mix up garrisons more, giving triremes and other ships into garrisons, but Hemiolias are intended to be the weakest ship, only suitable as a support.

Kreissig's Avatar Laetus

Yes. I keep my steam always updated. I have closed, then restarted multiple games as Seleucia. All new generals recruited start at age 4.

#2 - Latest game (10/09/14) Playing as Seleucia, CTD mid-turn when I accepted Persia's proposal to become my vassal.

Could you post your CTDing save in the Save Games Upload thread?