Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback, Discussion & Bugs] Rome 2 Total Realism

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Rome II Total Realism Bug Thread

Would like to know if anyone experiencing any issues when fighting manual battles in these settlement :

Lilybaeum, Rhodos, Arse, Cenabum, Patavium, Phanagoria, Jerusalem, Macomades, Hieraptyna, Gadira and Syracusae.

Is there any crash or the AI acting like they don't know what to do. Would like to hear experiences both as attacker and defender.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

^ I spotted one like this in Side.

Also, mercenary upkeep costs are as cheap as (if not cheaper) than recruiting raw units. Moreover, mercenary ships are cheaper to hire and upkeep than recruiting them.

I defended Patavium. Pathing worked well and the gameplay was as is any other major city. Not sure if this is just the AI making a choice or something with the scripting but he attacked straight away with 4 ladders. Had he had more he may have taken the city with his 5000 vs my 1500. Again not sure if this is just ai choices or maybe influenced by implemented walled cities.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Patch is out now.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Default Re: Urgent Request

No, mostly when hovering above it when reading the info of the buildings.

Edit:
    I'm now playing with RIITR's update 2.0041014 of this morning and I have experienced NO crash yet.
    I've played Pompeius up to 36BC with only Bullgod unitcards mod.
    (the Syracuse one I played with Bullgod ánd GEM)

( So, I'm sorry I don't know if it's this stable now because of your update ór because of my removal of GEM )
    Last edited by Celtoi; October 04, 2014 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Update

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

First thing I noticed since the new patch is that my food stores have disappeared; what once read +20 or so now reads -19..........

This shouldn't have happened, or it's intended?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-10-05_00001.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	353.7 KB 
ID:	315107

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

thanks for reporting, yes, it is not intended.

Libertus

Hi,

earlier this week I tried realism with a friend on head to head campaign. After 4 turns it froze on us. We waited until the patch and it took us past the 4 turn we could not get past before patch. So we started a new campaign but only got to turn 4 before crashing again. We then when back to the old campaign and it worked for another 4 turns and then crashed at turn 8.

So we now have the old campaign crashed at turn 8 and the new one crashed at turn 4. Can you help guys?

In the steam "Mod manager" their a tab "enable out of date mods". Should that be ticked on or off?

can you give us more details? what factions you played, how it crashed? during AI turn? which faction? etc

Quote Originally Posted by kirinji View Post

that was surely not intended. you see before release I uploaded a last minute fix and mabey there was a conflict that caused certain effects to disappear. I apologise and in 10hours ir less I believe all will ve fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Invictus View Post
    First thing I noticed since the new patch is that my food stores have disappeared; what once read +20 or so now reads -19..........
    there is a completely new evaluation system for food. I would suggest to start over changes are saved game compatible but due to many new features you would need a new campaign to reorganize your growth and expansion

also with new fixes many of you will encounter a challenging start.if you encounter problems in your beginning i advise you to wait a bit. I am planning to post a strategy guide to help through

Roman Auxillia barracks allowed me to recruit Balleric Slingers in (at least) Italy at level three, Cretan Archers at level 4.

That one is intentional. Both Balearic Slinger and Cretan Archers were used by Romans quite a lot, and it made no sense they were only recruitable from Crete or Balearics. Both units are restricted to small numbers to accomodate their availability.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    can you give us more details? what factions you played, how it crashed? during AI turn? which faction? etc
    Ok,

I in both cases I was the Averiei and he was Rome. It crashed while going through the AI moves. The turn 4 crash is happening while on the Egypt faction and on the turn 8 crash it happens with the last AI faction on the list before returning to us.

Thanks.

Krinji i have checked the effect tables and all is working as intended.There is a plan though to mabey streangthen barracks as comes to effects or experience given.This will be decided and implemented in the next 1-2 days.What troubles me though is the non appearance of recruitable units.You cannot recruit units? or they just dont appear?
    thanks

I don't have this bronze forge yet (I need the right technology). Only in it's lower level building (which I have) I can recruit one type of unit, that's available.
    It's just that this building don't show profits, only negatives.

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

I don't have this bronze forge yet (I need the right technology). Only in it's lower level building (which I have) I can recruit one type of unit, that's available.
    It's just that this building don't show profits, only negatives.
    Ok thanks for clarification.Right now the prupose of barracks is to unlock certain more advanced units.In vanilla the only difference is that gives a roughly 150 gold coin income.We have removed this income because it is added in much greater profit to other type of industries (a detailled guide comming soon).The purpose of barracks is not for the player to profit from them but to unlock new better more advanced units.I think this is a strong motive to build them by its own.The extra food penalty is due to the new manpower system.It represents the population surplus needed for training etc.(all will be explained in detail very soon)
    EDIT in any case an internal discussion is ongoing for fine tuning of barracks so mabey some improvements are comming
    Last edited by Phalangitis; October 06, 2014 at 04:01 AM.

Regretfully still no recruitment possible when playing rome.
    Cant recruit hastatei etc. The (Manipular)barracks in Rome unlock no recruitment of any roman unit.
    Upgrading the building doesn't seem to solve the problem either.
    I've deleted the mod and reinstalled it again, without solution.
    Does anyone know if the bug is fixed, or do I have to reinstall Rome completely again.

CvanI