Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback, Discussion & Bugs] Rome 2 Total Realism

Default Re: Rome II Total Realism Bug Thread

This reminds me to include Naval combat into Combat Guide

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

i tried and it didnt crashed, seems like it must be issue with your version of the game.

Dux_Zeugma's Avatar Civis

the last 4 tpy patch V 2.1120614b don't work since yesterday . I'have just the RTR mod active V2.1120614c + 4 tpy patch on my game

i just tested it and it started fine, are you sure you dont have anything else activated with it?

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    i just tested it and it started fine, are you sure you dont have anything else activated with it?
    Yes i have just your mods. Before yesterday, it work fine. I don't undestand.

can you be more specific? what doesnt work? game wont start? or save game?

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    can you be more specific? what doesnt work? game wont start? or save game?
    the game starts, Great campaign, Julli family and just 2 turn per year (summer and winter) ...

oooh, you mean it doesnt make game 4TPY? and i know why... i will update the pack in a minute. seems like i missed one very important thing when updating...

edit:

fixed version was uploaded on STEAM
    Last edited by JaM; December 07, 2014 at 11:58 AM.

Yes!! my "famous" 4 tpy work again!

Thank a lot JAM

Decanus

I noticed some balancing work in the new version, nice. Could you guys look at this build chain please, it's become quite unattractive - even though I understand that the purpose (in this building overhaul) of the capital city chains is to multiply the industries of the minor settlements, I'm worried that factions who start with capital cities will be easily over powered by their neighbors who can build pit mines that produce 200 wealth, herding grounds that produce 300 wealth etc...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjeamlq06r...trial.jpg?dl=0

This is a snap shot from a previous version but the problem remains in the new. The civil settlement produces basically no wealth - shouldn't in increase public order or something?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nmpwgfkiy...ments.jpg?dl=0

I think you guys should look at how DeI implemented the Sell Slaves Edict because this doesn't make sense - Selling Slaves should increase slave population decline.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ht3pibzx3k...laves.jpg?dl=0

some big reworks are coming.for them i used one economic manual and 2 books on ancient market system. I am finishing those tabless in 2-3 says but to get into the game will need some more time for beta testing but beta version is open for the public so pretty soon you will have a view of the new system. this release will not include probably the changes linked to cultural overhaul like temple library and theater tweaks but those too will implemented soon. so in the new release these buildings may feel a bit weak but they will have a very important role also.

Just played my first campaign with this mod and I must say I like it a lot, great work!
    But, I played as Bactria and in turn 100 and some I encountered a big empire of Athens, they had many stacks of units but the consisted almost all out of Ekdromai Holpites (16 or 17 units in the stack).
    My experienced army with high quality had a really hard time killing them. Then I looked at the units at the custom battle screen and they have 50 health. which is quite out of place if you compare them to other units and the Ekdromai are the cheapest hoplites. I think the greek states who have accesses to these units prefer to recruit them because they are really cost efficient. I think not only Athens has this problem though.
    Another thing is that in a battle my cataphracts (the elite general unit) charged the Athenian Hoplites (the elite general unit) in the back while they were fighting my troops in the front. In the charging phase my cataphracts lost more men (percentual) then the hoplites. I don't know if this is intended but I think at least in the charging phase in the back of a unit the cataphracts should be superior.
    At last, but this may just be preference (or region related), in the beginning of the campaign when you conquered a settlement you had some unrest problems and got a few uprisings before you had the province under your control. (as it should be)
    But later in the campaign I and the AI didn't really have that problem anymore because it looks like the AI prefers to build +public order buildings (mainly the yellow building tier). So when you conquered a new province it had so many +public order from buildings that the province was + public order immediately.
    I think the mod is awesome keep up the good work.

50 health is definitely a bug. i will check it out. thanks

Decanus

In this example the Horse Pens are quite expensive but do produce a lot (a real gamble build considering the lost food also) The Field build is quite cheap but it produces quite little compared to the Cattle Pens. Ultimately, the Cattle Pens are overly attractive - they produce a lot of wealth and also increase food. Further, consider how powerful the Cattle Pens are compared to other build chain options like the ones in my next image - Cattle Pens make everything else look like peanuts (and the build cost is very little)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgsf6uxjfe...attle.jpg?dl=0

Here the Bronze Workshop unlocks some units but I think it is really hard to justify -1 food and -50 wealth (already have access to Celtic Warriors and Spear Brothers) Also, I think this option removes those 4 units garrison... if so Big Problem. The Horn Maker is expensive and it produces very little (+2 PO is basically nothing now, in the recent R2TR releases) The Coin Maker is more realistic, but, it is still a weak option when compared to the Cattle Pens - Coin Maker is +1000 coin build cost and produces 100 less wealth.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zc31ieu8u4...-Coin.jpg?dl=0

First.About how much buildings cost please listen for once that We have stated many times that we blindly doubled all costs from vanilla.This will remain like that until we conclude a vast rework on other areas as well Costs will be adjusted as a whole for ALL game parts and not individualy.Until then we will use the blind double cost approach like we do for units also..We need to finish recruitment ,calculate recruitment costs of individual units and then focus on individual buildings.
    Secondly I guess you dont read the building thread and the progress mantioned there.Barbarians will have their time soon
    Thirdly Some agricultural buildings and town will play a role on the upcoming manpower system with aded effects and role there so don't rush yourself to judge yet

units were not blindly double priced just saying

Decanus

Sorry, for some reason I thought the Bronze Workshop removes garrison units but it does not.

Decanus

Taxing provinces boosts PO rather than hurting it.

edit: well, the tax rate slider works properly but exempting province from tax seems broken.
    Last edited by La Tene; December 18, 2014 at 12:04 AM.

Autaritus's Avatar Libertus

Hi everybody!

I have noticed some oddities in the campaign play after the last update. Itīs about some actions and technologies that work in the opposite way they're supposed to work, for example:

-Playing as Persia in the Wrath of Sparta DLC, raiding enemy commercial routes brutally reduces my income instead of increasing it; the same happens when I complete the research of technologies that supposedly improve taxation of commerce benefits.

-Playing as Rome in the main campaign I have found out that exempting a province of taxes increases unrest instead of reducing it.

Well, that's it. Congratulations for the mod, it greatly improves realism and game experience -I started playing it with Rome I and gave me lots of fun.