Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragonball Z topic.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Dragonball Z topic.

well in the series theres many freebie power ups.

Gohan getting that mystic gohan thing, Goku becomeing a super saiyan god, goku drinking the ultra divine water, goku pulling a SSJ3 transformation out of his butt.. and then theres the zenkai boosts too of course.

Heck, those zenkai boosts are one of the biggest flaws in the entire series. After the frieza saga they dont appear, and considering how big these boosts are its weird how low the power levels of other saiyans where considering they fight all the time.

Also makes you wonder why they never got the idea to grab a bag of sensu beans and two saiyans just taking turns shooting each other to near death, eat a sensu bean and repeat that again untill they are like gods. Or get a healer like Dende to help, even easier since sensu beans seem rare because Jajirobe ate them all in dragonball.

Tech Goku was in the other world training with other species, so Goku should

have that training advantage against Vegeta (if you count the anime filler

cannon) of training constantly, due to the fact it is stated although Vegeta

trained for the 6 years or something, he had family to ummmmm..... chill

out with. Also the Zenkai boost.... well most saiyans didn't have that

Dende/bean healing power so getting life threatening damage on urself

was out of the question. Heck that's why King Vegeta was worried

Bardocks was getting so god damn powerful.

There's the Bill and Ted gambit where they drop out of the time stream and train, which I vaguely recall Trunks and Vegeta pulled out of their pants at one point.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Those saiyans didnt have that, yes. But the Z warriors did.

Heck, when they heard about the androids Goku and Vegeta could have taken turns nearly killing each other, eating a bean and doing it again. Could involve Gohan in it too.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Chi Chi would not approve, but yeah that's a huge plot hole that they had early on in the series. Goku and Vegeta could fight again and really test each other with the overall goal being to strengthen their power levels.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Kind of weird that they never really did fight again, only when Vegeta went Majin.

I mean sure.. when they where training for the androids arrival Vegeta was focused on becomeing a Super Saiyan and before that really wasnt ready to try again due to the power gap, but they could have done this in one of the days leading up to the cell games.

I mean.. surely Vegeta wouldnt aim to kill Goku in this, but merely to win. Hurt him badly yes, but simply defeating him would be enough I am sure. Even as Majin he didnt kill him after all while he had the chance. Yep, buu was the bigger threat but at that moment Cell was too.

Also not sure why the others really never train that much full with each other, or why they would even need to attend a tournament to fight each other.

If all of them, especially the weaker Z fighters, would spar with each other often, training together and switching it up amongst them, they could have been much stronger. But instead Piccolo, Tien, Krillin and Yamcha all train alone. Chiao Tsu barely even counts, he never was much of a fighter. A shame they never did much more with his other abilities though.

At kami some did train together and they got a lot stronger then, and developed new techniques. Especially Krillin, who might have surpassed piccolo when they fought the saiyans considering he took out three saibamen easily on his own and was the only one who actually had a shot at killing Nappa.
    I quite liked how he and Piccolo did seem to bond during that fight by the way, but it never got explored further. I mean, with Gohan being a total disappointment there and the others.. dying.. Krillin was the only one Piccolo could rely on. Having seen how Krillin did garner some respect from Piccolo when fighting him in Dragonball at the tournament, its a nice development too.

Makes me wonder why the two of them never really trained together, and that this bonding was not further explored, with maybe them becomeing friends over time, and maybe working out some techniques together.
    Heck, I also wonder why Goku only trained with Gohan and Piccolo. Considering Yamcha and Krilin started at the turtle school too, they knew the same basics, so Goku would be the perfect teacher for them.
    Not sure why Tien always isolates himself, I gues in a way he is similar to Vegeta with that.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Guess who is watching the entire Dragon Ball anime for the first time.

The entire cast and crew involved with making that live action dragonball movie?

Also wondered why they did not wish Goku back a day earlier to fight the saiyans.. clearly theres people like King Kai capable of sensing how far the saiyans where away from earth.

Interesting idea don't you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Also wondered why they did not wish Goku back a day earlier to fight the saiyans.. clearly theres people like King Kai capable of sensing how far the saiyans where away from earth.
    Because King Kai is slightly incompetent. He thought Goku would have more time to get back to Earth, but he didn't.

It seems like one of those cases where its better to be safe than sorry though. Then again considering the training done later, the other Z fighters could have fought in the hyperbolic timechamber two days, which means they'd have three years instead of one year training done. They'd have whiped the floor with the saiyans then.

Interesting idea don't you think ?
    Poor avengers.

Then again considering the training done later, the other Z fighters could have fought in the hyperbolic timechamber two days
    Could they? im not sure they could at their low levels.... and even if they did, what makes you think they would be able to wipe the floor with the saiyans? their training might not be enough even with all the time in the world. First there is no way of knowing what would happen, or even if their training would be of good quality ( remember goku, and gohan trained much more efficiently and better then vegeta or trunks did in the hyperbolic time chamber And vegeta and trunks used it twice...)

Because King Kai is slightly incompetent. He thought Goku would have more time to get back to Earth, but he didn't.
    Indeed that is even mentioned... that he completely forgot to account the travel time back in the snake way.

It seems like one of those cases where its better to be safe than sorry though.
    Man way to nitpick... it is a shonen ffs the shonen of the shonens allthough i prefer Samurai x series, and kingdom, if you can call kingdom a shonen. ( in a way it is, even if it is historical)
    Wich btw i totaly urge any TWC member to take a look, as it is all about generals, and ancient battles strategies, and tactics at unification of China.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 12, 2015 at 09:17 PM.

Well let's see about them in the hyperbolic time chamber...

They went from powerlevels of roughly 200 to 1500 in a year while training under Kami, yes? Well they could have done that first and once he is done training him they could enter the time chamber in the later days instead of moving away to train on their own. Clearly they got a lot stronger from training together there, it benefitted them far more than Goku some years ago. Being able to train in the time chamber seems to be more a matter of the spirit rather than strenght. I mean, why would Kami even have the room if no one is capable of training in it? If he and Popo can use it with their power levels, surely the Z fighters can too, especially after training a year with those two.

They could switch it up and change who they train with even, to get the most out of it.. at the least they could reach power levels of somewhere in the 3000 range and I believe nappa is about 5000, and not that bright. He wouldnt have been able to overpower them that much and would have died considering Tien and Krillin both nearly where able to kill him as it is with their attacks.

Vegeta would definatly be a challenge, but considering his inability to kill anyone while the survivors all gang up on him, I wonder how many he'd actually kill. Don't forget that Vegeta cant sense power levels at this point, without scouter which could easily be destroyed, he'd be clueless about the strenght of attacks and knowing him, would underestimate them.
    I doubt considering the power they would feel in Vegeta that they'd take turns fighting him. If Tien would hold him in place with tri beams, Yamcha could throw that spirit ball at him, Krillin his destructo disc, Gohan a masenko and Piccolo would have some attack too.

And thats not even considering putting Gohan and Piccolo in the time chamber. If they'd also be involved in training there, just imagine how strong Gohan could become. Training with Piccolo he might get some zenkai boosts along the way.

Or Piccolo fuses with kami and kills both saiyans with a snap of his fingers, but clearly they would be far from being ready to fuse with each other at this point and wouldnt know of any other dragon balls yet.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I remember one of the video games (Super Sonic Warriors?) the Piccolo alternate story. Piccolo already fused with Nail and Kami and then used the Dragon Balls to revive King Piccolo and fused with him. According to the game this was enough to defeat Majin Buu. I wonder if this is true and why Piccolo never tried this? If he fused with Kami and King Piccolo then he could create the old being from which Kami and King Piccolo were created from but he could also use his own power and Nail's.

But if Namekians can just run around fusing with each other why didn't they all fuse into one super Namekian to defeat Frieza? Or better yet they all fused with Piccolo.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Well there's no guarantee that all of them are capable of it I suppose. But I gues thats another plothole just like the Saiyan's zenkai boost.

I mean.. Nameks could just spit out more eggs, more namekians then so fuse together and get stronger.. and considering how fast all the main character Saiyans grow in power youŽd think a warrior race like that wouldnt have such low power levels.

Jesus christ.. you guys... lol why didnt they? well because they didnt, that is the ing story....
    Why would Piccolo fuse with Kami in the first place? He hated him.... and he didnt knew he could get stronger that way, until much later. (during namek i think, and even then he still didnt wanted to fuse with kami)
    You are also reading too much, into an what if story of a video game....

You guys are assuming all the nameks can do this, or would do this, or they would be able to defeat friezer... unlikely, as there was no warrior like Piccolo among the nameks for starters.
    I mean look at what you are saying and asking?! "why the namekians didnt reproduce more" realy? you are realy asking this lol
    Who the hell cares... didnt they had envirometal issues, that reduced their population considerably btw?

And what is this zenkai boost you all talking about? Are you refering to the near death come back power up of the saiyans? That isnt very effective, while they do get stronger, it isnt that big of power up. Vegeta did used that, and it was beaten badly by friezer anyway.

Saiyans grow in power youŽd think a warrior race like that wouldnt have such low power levels.
    They didnt, super saiyan legends, had an origin for sure. And as i said that near death boost, isnt that much of a big deal.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 13, 2015 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    I remember one of the video games (Super Sonic Warriors?) the Piccolo alternate story. Piccolo already fused with Nail and Kami and then used the Dragon Balls to revive King Piccolo and fused with him. According to the game this was enough to defeat Majin Buu. I wonder if this is true and why Piccolo never tried this? If he fused with Kami and King Piccolo then he could create the old being from which Kami and King Piccolo were created from but he could also use his own power and Nail's.

But if Namekians can just run around fusing with each other why didn't they all fuse into one super Namekian to defeat Frieza? Or better yet they all fused with Piccolo.
    Because #1, King Piccolo was 100% evil, so chances are he could have corrupted Piccolo. #2, you have to remember that most Namekians are really weak, and there really aren't that many of them. So if the average power level of a Namekian is 10, and there are less than 10,000 of them, it would still only bring his power level up to 100,000. Still a lot lower than Frieza.

That zenkai boost is pretty strong though, especially in the Namek saga.

Vegeta was not even a threat to Zarbon when he started on Namek, and I'm pretty sure that by the time he fought Frieza's final form that he could have defeated the entire Ginyu force on his own. Unless Ginyu switched bodies. And he got stronger from Zenkai boosts alone on that planet, and his defeat on earth gave him a big boost too. Gohan got some pretty big zenkai boosts as well considering he nearly killed Frieza in his third form. Sure his potential was unlocked by Guru, but he still got beaten by Recoome. But after that he had some crazy power against Frieza.

^ No his potential didn't get fully unlocked, that was Elder Kai that did it fully.

I think Zenkai boost stops somewhere around the time they achieved

Super Saiyan. Also no the Z fighters prob couldn't have trained in

the Time Chamber cause most of them were weak as it is

stated Goku couldn't last 6 month initially. Do you remember

how Gohan struggled the first time he went in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Heck, when they heard about the androids Goku and Vegeta could have taken turns nearly killing each other, eating a bean and doing it again. Could involve Gohan in it too.
    Those things take forever to grow, so no they couldn't do it. If u even bother

with the Dende healing..... yeah they prob couldn't do that as Goku had hard

time finding him and needed King Kai help. Plus Vegeta is... gasp prideful

and would never allow himself to get himself beat like that, that would

be incredibly out of his character to let himself get his ass beaten, esp

by Goku.