Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragonball Z topic.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Dragonball Z topic.

Fasha was hardly fan service, just a female Saiyan in Bardock's team. I liked that they put her in DBZ budokai tenkachi 3, she was pretty cool. A saiyan warrior too with the right attitude. I hope she will pop up in a game again but I guess they will now always give all these lame super characters priority.

There goes every chance of ever having Bardock's entire team playable.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Fasha was hardly fan service, just a female Saiyan in Bardock's team. I liked that they put her in DBZ budokai tenkachi 3, she was pretty cool. A saiyan warrior too with the right attitude. I hope she will pop up in a game again but I guess they will now always give all these lame super characters priority.

There goes every chance of ever having Bardock's entire team playable.
    That is because the Bardock special was written by Takao Koyama. The same guy who created Broly.

I hope to Dende that they will not make me play as Botamo or Magetta.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Super Kami Dende.

Who said they weren't? THEY ARE. This is Toriyama we are talking about.
    Toryama aint that bad on that front.

Or maybe my standards of fanservice are different. Still DB series aint much heavy on it.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; November 25, 2017 at 03:59 PM.

Patrician

I mean Bulma is always used for fan service, Launch was introduced through fan service, Chi Chi looks like fan service (even though she is like 10 years old wtf). I suspect that Android 18 was introduced because Toriyama wanted a hero character who was also female, which was a trend that Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure (Lisa Lisa) introduced and one that Yu Yu Hakusho (Genkai) continued with success. Kind of odd that he already had Chi Chi and didn't do much with her. Also disappointing that she was so weak. Anyway Android 18 was basically the replacement for Launch and she too has lots of fan service, as well as being the number 1 waifu of the franchise apparently.

I don't think you are correct there. The whole of the first and second arcs were filled with fan service in the form of Bulma and Launch (also Ran Fan). The Red Ribbon Army had some too. It wasn't until the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai that Dragon Ball started to take itself seriously in that regard. Though it came back in the Majin Buu arc, alas, and has persisted ever since.

By the way I read three chapters of Dragon Ball Sai - Super Vegeta Den. That stuff was hilarious, so it is a what if Vegeta was sent to Earth instead of Goku. Basically Vegeta is still called Vegeta, he was found by Master Roshi (who then gives him away to Gohan). Later on Bulma finds him, they go on a quest and in the span of one arc Vegeta is flying everywhere and defeats Pilaf, the Red Ribbon Army, Garlic Jr and Demon King Piccolo. Then the real challenge comes when Vegeta hurts his tail and some demon called Lei Wu defeats Roshi, Krillin and Yamcha. Then Lei Wu take the Dragon Balls and uses them to become a full demon. In a hilarious twist Vegeta's tail no longer hurts and he basically beats the unholy crap out of Lei Wu and then blows him up in one shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWoLt_NnLSU
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; November 25, 2017 at 04:16 PM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

I dont see how im wrong here, since you are aparently agreeing with me....As i said those characters are way more fan service then caulifla and kale at this point...

And Trust me, DB series aint that heavy on Fanservice. there is Anime with characters and fanservice that puts Db gags to shame.

DB It is a Shonen with ocasional, rare fanservice gags. It is not the focus nor the livelyhood of the Anime, And thus not being too heavy or bad on that front. Wich is all i meant.

Also Shonens by definition are aimed at Young boys, ence the main characters are usualy young boys too, coming at age kind of type characters etc.

There have been Lots of Strong Heroines in a lot of Anime as well. They called Shoujos usualy. Some are actualy quite good or Popular. (Sailor Moon comes to mind)

Patrician

Sure maybe now it is, but it started as gags and jokes with the shonen elements being added later. Actually it was the shonen elements which saw the sales skyrocket.

And Yet DB is better then all of other DB series in my book... More popular doesnt mean quality necessarly. ( hell often it does not)

At anycase not suprising, since its the shonen elements that Broaden the audience range. ( more people of younger ages more interested in it etc)
    Not Suprising One piece is the most seen in japan, folowed by DB Super i think.

Patrician

Well the Shonen elements were introduced in the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai, were done lightly in the Red Ribbon Arc and then became constant right after that with Uranai Baba and 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai. It was the introduction of Tao Pai Pai that made the series what it was and the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai more or less established the rules of Dragon Ball Z.

The Pilaf Arc had a following but it was the 21st Tekaichi Budokai that caught a larger audience and kept the manga going. Though actually the increase in sales ended with the Freeza Arc at least in the manga. Where as with the TV show in Japan there was a strong audience until the Cell Arc and it did not drop until the first part of the Majin Buu arc (with the Gohan vs Kibito episode having the highest ratings). I guess by that point people were tired of the decrease in quality and had franchise fatigue due to the fact that Dragon Ball had gone on nonstop for a decade. It really was only the nostalgia value and the initiative taken by Toriyama in the past few years that brought Dragon Ball back.

Here's a question, what would your ideal dragon ball Z video game be? the kind that will probably never get made?

For me Xenoverse is a huge leap in the right direction, so it would kind of be a reimagining of that series for me.

First of all, no time patrol. Instead you'd get to play a character of several different races, each with their own unique storyline that does see them become a Z fighter and take part in familiar battles. But what they do outside of those battles would be unique for their storyline, each would have their own villain.
    Also, you get to make good and evil decisions through the story. You can be a pretty bad person and there will be more reactions to your actions, race and gender.
    Only Human, Saiyan and Namekian would be playable, but the differences would be much bigger.

Human's first chapter has them as a young martial arts competitor who competes in the 22nd martial arts tournament and loses but is impressed by the familiar characters. Having some skill they could become a new crane student and learn to fly there. They could also get a rival here that becomes their nemesis.
    This nemesis could sacrifice everything and anything to gain power. Demonic pacts, becoming an android, etc. It could be a constant theme through the human story, what to sacrifice for power. But they would join the Z fighters earlier than anyone else probably, at the 23th martial arts tournament when fighting Piccolo.

Saiyan's first chapter would be on another planet and in space, they would be another saiyan survivor like Goku (It was said there where many more after all) and could start with them subjugating a planet and choosing to either destroy it or leave the people alive before the other Saiyan survivors show up to recruit him or her.
    And then they could be send along with Raditz to recruit Goku. When Raditz dies, Vegeta could proclaim over the scouter that he has no use for a weakling and thus the saiyan would join the Z fighters. Their nemesis would be related to the planet they subjugated.

And lastly, the Namekian. His first chapter would be on Namek, training and fighting with other Namekians which could include a rival who turns dark, leaving the planet long before Frieza gets there and returning later. The Namekian could be send to earth because Guru felt kin there, allowing Piccolo to hear first about his race from his own kin who could show up as they prepare for the Saiyan attack.

As for combat, there would be beam struggles and clashes. Even in battles with more than two players. Which means you might have to resolve them quickly since it leaves you vulnerable. Still, defense could get a bonus, taking less damage from other enemies while in a beam struggle.
    Transformations could happen during combat, and the environment would be very destructible. Each map would have a thick layer of breakable ground on top of the bottom of the map, allowing people to be blasted through that. Only when the real bottom of the map is reached will it not destroy more. The amount of destruction also matches the destructive force, so that a big energy attack truly feels powerful.
    Also, if you finish someone with a special energy attack, no body is left behind. You get to see them get vaporized in the blast.
    Blasts also affect clothing and armor, each character gets several versions of their outfit, showing increased destruction but naturally covering their modesty since that's how it works in the series. Scratches and bruises could be shown too and could be related to their health level.
    Either way when you throw some ultimate attack at someone and they don't block it, they will look messed up afterwards.

Regarding the roster, I would include some that are rarely or never playable like Cui, Pikkon, Olibu, Spopovitch, Yamu, Dabura, Babidi, Nail,King Cold, Android 19, Dr Gero, Yakon and Pui-Pui from Z.
    Of Dragonball, I would include King Piccolo, Tambourine, Master Roshi, Nam, King Chappa, Master Shen, Mercenary Tao, Kid Goku, Kid Krillin and Chi-Chi.
    And of the movies I would include Bardock and his full team, Broly, Paragus, Slug, Turles and some of their minions, Bojack and Zangya, Androids 13, 14 and 15,Cooler and future Gohan.

Regarding transformations, I would add a few there as well. Like a super saiyan transformation for all saiyans. The ones that don't have it could have to expend a lot more energy to do it however.
    Also the Oozaru and giant Namek forms would be there, Tien would have his four Witches transformation, all Frieza and Cell forms too.
    All characters also get a choice from a few outfits separate from their version. Vegeta could wear his classic outfit with scouter and all but without tail around his waist as Majin Vegeta for example, adult Gohan can wear his Piccolo outfit with cape, etc.
    For characters only seen in one outfit they would get some variations too if they wear clothes. Like anyone only seen in battle armor could get some variants of it.

Sounds to me more like a classical RPG then a fighter game. Wich is fine.

Anyway there is a new DB game coming soon, and it isnt like xenoverse. But its a classical fighting game.

On another note, there is a theory that Vegeta will master Ultra instint, offensive part of it, while goku will remain with the defensive part of it.

interesting.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; November 27, 2017 at 03:04 PM.

It would kind of be both. This would be the story mode. Less of an RPG than Xenoverse even. No leveling, but you would have a power level that you can increase.
    All clothing items you unlock would be cosmetic, a lot of it would be available from the start at character creation but you'd get more through story progression and some choices you make through the game.
    Like getting the turtle hermit outfit when training with Roshi or another turtle student. And the battle armor that Bulma made during the cell saga. All of it would be recoloreable, its stupid that this can't be done in Xenoverse.
    But even at the start you would get a lot to choose from. Saiyans would get all battle suit options straight away, humans get many martial artists style outfits and Namekians get all their cultural outfits from the start.

As for abilities, you could choose your ki color and get a host of original abilities to choose from and can obtain some from characters through the story based on your choices and race since they get a different story. But you won't just get all abilities of other characters.
    Only humans could get the option to be taught the destructo disc by Krillin for example, but Saiyans could learn the Big bang attack and Namekians could be taught the special beam cannon.
    Kamehameha and Masenko could be more readily available, automatic for humans since turtle hermit style would be more vital in their story but Saiyans and Namekians could get it through a choice, but they would forfeit something else then.

Outside this story mode there would be the fighting mode, in the main menu where it belongs with most characters available from the start except for the characters unique to this game, the villains of the different storylines and the player characters could only become playable in this mode once they reached a certain power level. Power of characters would be balanced in fighting mode though, so that everyone stands a chance. But in story mode they could stick more closely to what power the characters had at that point in the series.

Patrician

Well called it... if Jiren wins this he will use the Super Dragon Balls to wish back the other universes.

"Otherworld has become a dumping ground for everyone else's problems. They are killing us at the Snake Way! They are coming to King Kai's Planet, and they are not sending their best, believe me. They are bringing bad Chi, they are bringing high power levels, they destroy planets. And some I assume are good people, but it only makes common sense, they are not sending us the right Ningen! And it's coming from more than just Earth. It's coming from all over Universe 7, and probably from the Demon Realm! But we don't know." - Zamasu 2016
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; November 28, 2017 at 08:14 PM.

Well, looks like they are throwing DBZ fans a bone with the last Xenoverse 2 DLC. Dabura, Buuhan, Tapion and Android 13 are added in it.
    A 6th DLC package is coming, the two can be bought together at a discount but for now I will hold off on this, I want to know what the other four characters will be first.

I wouldn't want to waste money on more trash from super.

Hopefully they will stick to more DBZ characters from either the series or the movies.
    The best thing they could give me would be a pack consisting of King Cold, Fasha and Tora with super saiyan versions added as a bonus, and King Piccolo.
    In addition they could also add Super Saiyan versions of Raditz and Nappa seeing how Captain Ginyu as Goku has it too.

And for outfits they could maybe toss in some battle armor versions that can be recolored, with smaller more accurate shoulder pads than the oversized ones in the game now.

Patrician

Can't you just buy the season pass? That is what I will do, I don't have any of the DLC yet.
    Is Dabura in the story or something? Dabura is, at least lore wise, one of the most important characters in Dragon Ball. I still don't get why they would make Majin Buu the main villain over Dabura.

I would also like some battle armor that you can change the colour. For instance the King Vegeta armor but with black instead of that poopy brown colour.

These new two packs are outside of the season pass. I got the season pass when I bought the special edition of the game but sadly it was mostly trash from Super except for Bojack who I don't care that much for.
    Well I suppose Frost, Cabba and Hit are alright.
    Either way I want to know what is in the second part of this new DLC wave before getting it. Buying both costs 15 euro and separately it's 10 euro each.

Dabura should have been the main villain yes, considering that Towa is his sister its crazy that they did not make him the main antagonist in Xenoverse, he would have been perfect for it. He and King Cold are both villains with such great potential but its wasted. I mean, King Cold's idea was to just blow up earth from orbit and be done with it!

It's stupid how they even managed to ruin King Cold's outfit by putting purple tights and a purple shirt under it. Also the tail of the Frieza race clips with the cape so they can't even really wear it.

For a game like Xenoverse, they really have so much potential yet they are not using the premise to full effect. They pretty much just alter a small thing about each mayor fight, often just making the villain tougher and the time patroller has to beat them.
    And always the main villain.

I mean, if they had used the part with Dabura here, he would have been completely aware of what was going on. Like Beerus he would not be surprised by it. And with knowledge of future events, Dabura could be the incredible threat he deserves to be. He could spit on Goku and Vegeta instead of Piccolo and Krillin.
    That would instantly give good reason for the time patroller to show up to help.
    Dabura could be playing Babidi like a puppet, ensuring that Buu hatches too soon and remains weak so he can destroy him.
    And he could disappear out of time too, leaving it unresolved when the player fights him, to return later.

And with King Cold they could make the change where he is not only stronger, but also ignores Frieza and plans to blow up Earth, causing Goku to instant transmission onto the ship and get overpowered by the too strong King Cold who could then blow up the Earth, and it could lead to an intense fight in space between the time patroller against King Cold and Mecha Frieza, with Goku joining the fight later to help out, where he could go Super Saiyan 2 much earlier than he did in the normal story since he just lost everyone and was powerless to stop it.

I also don't like how they always stick to the regular order. Sure you get the chance twice to do a different batch earlier but it makes no difference.
    Seeing how they always use Raditz as the tutorial punching bag, why not use him later on to get more out of it?
    Like, imagine if he turns Super Saiyan when he is about to be killed, when he is badly hurt and powerless to prevent it?
    The time patroller could be send to protect Goku, Piccolo and Gohan who'd be incredibly vulnerable to a Raditz who is that strong.

When he is losing, he could also escape which could cause the time patroller to go after him, finding him at Frieza's ship to take revenge.

Also, seeing how they did include bits of the Bardock special, that could be expanded upon in Xenoverse.
    I mean, if all the Saiyans where boosted to the point that they would kill Frieza, that would be likely to create an even greater threat when the Saiyans are numerous and unchecked, letting their power reach new heights.
    Could be a great arc in Xenoverse that could be a modified version of the Saiyan saga. Bardock could come to earth with his team for Goku instead of Raditz.
    Being probably friendlier with Goku than Raditz would be, he could make it into a contest of the Z warriors against him and his team. If they win, Goku goes with them or they wipe out earth's population and if they lose, they leave earth and Goku alone.
    Would be up to the player to defeat the full team then.

And the continuation of that arc would then be Vegeta arriving with Nappa, Turles and Raditz, with King Vegeta arriving by surprise as the final boss of the arc.

I do wonder if they will make a Xenoverse 3, I imagine they might considering the popularity.

Patrician

That would be pretty cool if they explored all of that. Yes I agree that Dabura should be a main villain, it should have been the Dabura arc. Given that he is the ruler of Demon Realm and a source for all evil in the universe, it would only make sense if Dabura was boosted to main villain status. The fact that they have not made use of him in Xenoverse is also really weird. I could only assume that Xenoverse 3 will either have Dabura or Dai Shinkan as the main villain, now that they have made use of Zamasu recently. Or maybe they will use Zamasu again who knows.

I'm calling it, Piccolo and Vegeta will get eliminated from the tournament next and the winner will either be Goku, Gohan or Jiren.

Btw cool stuff...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; December 08, 2017 at 10:14 AM.

Patrician

Toriyama lore doesn't matter. He will probably retcon it by next year.

This made me laugh somehow....

Patrician

Ultra Instinct Shaggy was funnier though.

Totally called it btw, Piccolo got pushed out by the invisible guy. Jiren is going up against Vegeta next which means that Vegeta will probably get knocked out.