Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: SOUNDMOD-Revolutions Info for IBRR 8.0

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: SOUNDMOD Work on progress... (see page6 for some screenshots)Suggestions welcomed!

Great to know your continueing this!
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Default Re: SOUNDMOD Work on progress... (see page6 for some screenshots)Suggestions welcomed!

Aye, will this be included in 7.04 or when will it be ready to download?
    Yes, I hate the fact RTW is out and I still have a Japanese title. Come on now admins- let's get with the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Horton III View Post
    Aye, will this be included in 7.04 or when will it be ready to download?
    I hope to make it ready for 7.1.

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Is the sound mod compatible with 7.04? Because I just installed 7.04 and wondered if I will get a ctd or something?

I am afraid it is not.But if you install soundmod manually copy and paste all the files except the edu file you can use it without ctd.I hope to finish last version (for upcoming 7.1)of soundmod soon.As soon as i get rid of the exams

Ihatemonday
    Just for your reference I am playing IBFD 7.04 with your IBFD ver7 soundmod without any problems.
    @Titus if you install IBFDv7 first the IHM's sound mod then install IBFD7.04.
    It should run fine.
    You cannot enjoy IBFD properly without IHM's mod its the best

germanicus:

I'm attempting to do just that, but am getting perpetual CTDs. Are you running with full scripts? Maybe I'll tune them down a bit, but I'd hate to lose the endless saxon nemesis.. just too much fun!

ihatemonday:
    I love it! Especially the Conan stuff... brilliant!

Which file is the very loud(tm) barbarian yell? That thing nearly overloads my speakers!

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

This sound mod always make the Romano-British faction feel so epic!
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlecat View Post
    ihatemonday:
    I love it! Especially the Conan stuff... brilliant!

Which file is the very loud(tm) barbarian yell? That thing nearly overloads my speakers!
    Thanx Beetlecat.Well i cant tell which file it is (because my sound files are different and i am working on them to get more clear sound.)but i am preparing a very clear soundmod which will be ready i a few weeks i hope.My exams are nearly finished and i am also working on a huge sound conversion including hunnic voicemod and sassanid voicemod.Also i will include new death screams and horse charges.It is a lot of work to do but i like it

@ Beetlecat
    I play IBFD7.04 with only the Sack of Rome script enabled,I have played WRE &ERE only and experienced only the odd CTD. I found that after 12+ game turns that CTD'S are less and less until by 30turns none at all.
    I do not recommend full scripts atm I tried with the FRanks and Hephalites and had constant ctd's
    Hope my suggestions help.

Ihatemonday's
    Nice to read you are progressing with a new and total sound conversion(wipes away the drool)

Cant wait keep us 'the faithful' posted on your preogression.
    Btw how do you feel about tuesday's

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANICUS View Post
    Ihatemonday's
    Nice to read you are progressing with a new and total sound conversion(wipes away the drool)

Cant wait keep us 'the faithful' posted on your preogression.
    Btw how do you feel about tuesday's

I dont like it either.My favourite day is saturday.You can go berserk and get rest on sunday.Sundays are sad because you know the other day is monday and another day of your short life to sacrifice to modern mankind advancing to perfection (in fact it is advancing to self destruction).Ohmm i am a modern slave.With all my toys(ipods,girls,cars,amrican billiard,budweiser and lucky strike ,IBFD )i ease my pain .The only day i feel free is saturday.I hang up with my poor mates,drink watch soccer Well too much talk lets get on work.See ya !!!1
    Last edited by Ihatemonday; September 15, 2007 at 11:40 AM.

Default Re: SOUNDMOD (WIP)Diplomacy work finished see page 7 for info...Suggestions welcomed!

Hi lovers of IBFD.Today is a good day for us cause after killing my brain cells with the long text files i managed to finish the work on diplomacy mod.I put here screenshots to make you informed.Now it is time to finish the hunnic voice mod and sassanids next,then be ready for a great add-on.

Saxons open negotiation with franks...

Saxons offer trade rights..

Accepted..

Then they become allies and saxons seek a military access...

But franks want more...

Saxons lower the tribute and make counter offer...

Accepted.The final screen looks like this.On the right side you can see your dealings...

I hope you liked it.Your suggestions are welcomed.See ya!!
    Last edited by Ihatemonday; September 20, 2007 at 05:24 PM.

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

Default Re: SOUNDMOD (WIP)Diplomacy work finished see page 7 for info...Suggestions welcomed!

nice work.
    However, i'll prefer if some phrases are tweaked, to make them better readable.
    for instance, instead of reading "your faction has trade rights with their faction" is better to have "you have a trade agreement with them" so the phrase will match in the space of a single line.
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylae View Post
    nice work.
    However, i'll prefer if some phrases are tweaked, to make them better readable.
    for instance, instead of reading "your faction has trade rights with their faction" is better to have "you have a trade agreement with them" so the phrase will match in the space of a single line.
    I will do it.

Doesn't work for me. Playing 7.0. But just my orginal soundtrack works. Done what the readme says. "oldevents.dat" etc. But it still wont work. Also "And if there is one change in ibfd/data/sounds folder too." Whats that supposed to mean? Change the files there to "old" also? If I do so, I dont get any music at all.

EDIT: Nvm, works now
    Last edited by Edvinsen; September 25, 2007 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edvinsen View Post
    Doesn't work for me. Playing 7.0. But just my orginal soundtrack works. Done what the readme says. "oldevents.dat" etc. But it still wont work. Also "And if there is one change in ibfd/data/sounds folder too." Whats that supposed to mean? Change the files there to "old" also? If I do so, I dont get any music at all.

EDIT: Nvm, works now
    Glad to hear you managed it to work.Hope you liked it.

Hey Ihatemonday, I just downloaded your soundmod, and it is great, man! It adds a lot of immersion to the game, beautiful new sounds and the music is great. thank you very much for sharing this add-on with us! .

Thanks for your positive feedback.And be ready for the final release which will contain a lot of surprises.

oh we like surprises!