Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Total War: Attila and the Reality of the Situation

Default Re: Total War: Attila and the Reality of the Situation

Sadly I have no interesst in Atilla's timeframe / setting. But if you guys really pull through and turn this into a solid Medieval mod for it, I absolutely have to buy Atilla because I really, really wanna play this.

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

That English King looks really awesome. Can't wait to get going as the Byzantines and restore Rome when it comes out.

I agree porting is the right way to go now that i have played Attila and it is out

You also have some things that you did not mention that is nice:
    More accurate ships for naval battles (not swesome but still better than Rome II´s)
    More regions in the area of northern europe like france, germany, england etcetc,
    Constantinople city & battle map!

The only thing i can think of that is negative is that once again Jerusalem has no walls

So has the R2 version reached the most you guys have time for now?

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Well, I for one am not working on the R2 version any longer but dedicating my time for the TW:A version.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    Sadly I have no interesst in Atilla's timeframe / setting. But if you guys really pull through and turn this into a solid Medieval mod for it, I absolutely have to buy Atilla because I really, really wanna play this.
    Exactly this!

Just to know. Do you guys have the Campain designers you were looking for?

Can't wait for this!
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post

The only thing i can think of that is negative is that once again Jerusalem has no walls

Actually, if you upgrade the city to tier 4, you get walls.

got any screenshots yet

Hello Warman222,

Could you tell me which file I have to edit to change the appearance of a faction leader?

So this is happening then. It is coming to Attila? Good. I may hold off playing until an initial release is dispatched to us.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Well since you've got a nice niche here. Seems like the next game will Be Warhammer so a Medieval game with a campaign based on Attila will undoubtedly be very popular as an alternative.

Best of luck.

Will pillage a copy of Attila on discount for this!So have you guys decided whether or not any more factions are going to be added?

Sorry if I interrupt any ongoing conversation here, but I have a very concerned question that I must ask: What would the overall stats of units in Attila version? Would they maintain the same R2-like high stats or the low stats like RotS and Attila?

I ask this because I hate the nerfing design of the latter one with a passion. It ruins everything. It reduces tactical maneuvers to a race of assassinating each other's general. It makes missiles horrendously harmless and inaccurate even at point blank unless your units have high AP damage. It makes commanding units unbearably tedious because your skittish soldiers keeping routing and returning back and forth, frightened by enemy cavalries for their bloated charge value.

What I would like to see with the design, is a proper presentation of every units' worth. Lords, knights, sergeants, militiamen, levies and peasants, all should have their own set of stats coherent with their backgrounds, training and purposes on the battlefield, without exaggerating gaps between these social castes and cheaply slapped special attributes like scare and encourage on some units with no obviously historical reason. Knights should not run over everything like the old Tagmata Cavalry, no matter how well-trained they are. Militiamen should not have "Disciplined" trait unless they are from Italian city states. I can list a long lines of dos and dont's, but I'm sure you get the idea. Thank you for taking your time on reading my humble post and have a nice day.

Civis

the english king look great! are you planing to make a medival mod for attila?

Lol Djangooo, that's why this thread exists buddy, to confirm that,

Anyways minor update for everyone, I made a new Moddb page for the Attila version of the mod. Also just to remind everyone, pretty much all the most recent updates from Late February to now are for the Attila version henceforth.

Moddb link:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/medieval-k...attila-version

So is there a download for the Attila version yet? And does it work for the campaign? Also, some of the coloured textures are way too bright. Like on the squires and such. It looks cartoony.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronTyrant View Post
    So is there a download for the Attila version yet? And does it work for the campaign? Also, some of the coloured textures are way too bright. Like on the squires and such. It looks cartoony.
    There currently isn't a way to import models into Atilla yet. Needs bob.

On another note Attila's tier system could be used to differentiate between early, high and late medieval periods. Rather than putting in brackets (early), (high) etc which just looks messy you can simply put those units in their respective tiers. Tier 1 for early tier 2 for high and tier 3 for late. It may even be possible to rename each tier as such.
    Last edited by Lemonater47; April 09, 2015 at 07:24 PM.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonater47 View Post
    There currently isn't a way to import models into Atilla yet. Needs bob.

On another note Attila's tier system could be used to differentiate between early, high and late medieval periods. Rather than putting in brackets (early), (high) etc which just looks messy you can simply put those units in their respective tiers. Tier 1 for early tier 2 for high and tier 3 for late. It may even be possible to rename each tier as such.
    That is fortunately not correct. The latest unit previews that were shown were taken from the Attila version, so yes, you can use the Rome 2 assembly kit and create, import, work on units in Attila as well.
    @ TheIronTyrant: there is no campaign mode for our mod, yet. Creating all the units for all these nations for all the eras, (tier 1, 2, 3) is a great task , so that needs to be finished first.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast