Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Attila Pictures & Videos Thread

Default Re: Total War: Attila - Pictures and Videos thread

Gjermundbu helmets and catholics/orthodoxes at 400 AD ? This is starting off just ING BRILLIANT !

I think they're just trying to represent the cultural and liturgical divide between the Latin and Greek churches.
    While this might be true you know what it means ? No culture besides the religion. Can't say I'm too pleased with this, seriously it's about time they implement some kind of double system.

Default Re: [screens] Attila Total War - pictures screens vidéos

Quote Originally Posted by evenflowjimbo View Post
    Ugh. I hope they make the blood & gore dlc cheaper this time around. Just make it 99 cents for gosh sakes.
    On steam sale now.

Default Total War Attila Developer Gameplay - EGX London 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOTM_Nmpe7g

* The grey backgrounds on the unit cards looks bad.
    * We better be able to turn banners on for our units. I don't like the squares above units at all. It makes it looks like every other RTS. I wanted less cartoonish/more realistic looking banners not a total removal of banners.
    * All the units' status information needs to be on the unit cards like in previous games. And more than one status needs to be able to be shown at once.
    * I hope the double stacked unit card UI that takes up 1/3 of the screen doesn't make a return.
    * I don't see a Guard Mode button.................
    * Building fire is going to damage all my units' morale? WHY? That's just stupid. There better be a way to put the fire out then. I think CA is taking the fire too far here.
    * Adding more defensive options like in the Stronghold series would be a lot of fun I think.
    * The green glowy stuff at capture points doesn't look good. It doesn't match the aesthetics.

Default Re: Total War Attila Developer Gameplay - EGX London 2014

Remember this is WAY WAY WAY pre alpha!!!! LMAO!
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Dalakh View Post
    catholics/orthodoxes at 400 AD ? This is starting off just ING BRILLIANT !
    WTF?! The Schism happened in 1054 AD long after western part of the empire had collapsed and eastern one was reduced to less than half of it's former lands and struggled to survive! Blasphemy!

CA should better play Crusader Kings II or their own game Medieval II, if they want to play two separate Christianities (with more options) instead of dividing the religion so anachronistically.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

nce_wht_guy's Avatar Vicarius

Gjermundbu helmets and catholics/orthodoxes at 400 AD ? This is starting off just ING BRILLIANT !

While this might be true you know what it means ? No culture besides the religion. Can't say I'm too pleased with this, seriously it's about time they implement some kind of double system.
    They ARE implementing a dual culture/religion system. Check out Darren Total War's interview. And as I said, while the Catholic/Orthodox division IS anachronistic (1054 is not a definitive year of schism btw, just a dispute between the Patriarch of Constantinople and a papal legate that lead to mutual excommunication of the two individuals) it is an easy way to represent already developed liturgical differences. Paradox uses the terms and represents Chalcidonian Christianity a two separate churches before the 11th century in their games as well.

Just found this :

Last edited by nce_wht_guy; September 25, 2014 at 05:58 PM.
    Support Russia!

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

I want "everything" from it to Rome 2! That UI is SO Much better than "futuristic" black we have in Rome 2 + those unit cards are way better etc etc. This is what i was hoping from Emperor edition.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Quote Originally Posted by aias90 View Post
    cristians divide to catholics and orthodox after the schism of 1054 A.D
    Wrong, Catholic and Orthodox were separate but perhaps simply not called that back then. The Roman Pope, for example, didn't have authority over the Eastern church even back in 405 A.D.
    "In 380, Nicene Christianity was declared the state religion of the Roman Empire, with the name "Catholic Christians" reserved for those who accepted that faith. While the civil power in the East controlled the church, and the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople, the capital, wielded much power, in the West, the Bishops of Rome were able to consolidate the influence and power they already possessed."

Default Re: Total War Attila Developer Gameplay - EGX London 2014

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    Remember this is WAY WAY WAY pre alpha!!!! LMAO!
    Actually no.
    Hint: Rome 2 and Empire TW

Lionheartx10's Avatar Youtube Crazy!

Total War: Attila - The Next Total War ~ Battle + Campaign Map Preview

Last edited by Lionheartx10; September 25, 2014 at 07:32 PM.
    “To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.”

http://www.youtube.com/user/lionheartx10

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Looking at the overview map screenies now, it looks like Athens won't be on the campaign map at all. They've got Corinth down there instead.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Quote Originally Posted by GideonAI View Post
    Wrong, Catholic and Orthodox were separate but perhaps simply not called that back then. The Roman Pope, for example, didn't have authority over the Eastern church even back in 405 A.D.
    "In 380, Nicene Christianity was declared the state religion of the Roman Empire, with the name "Catholic Christians" reserved for those who accepted that faith. While the civil power in the East controlled the church, and the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople, the capital, wielded much power, in the West, the Bishops of Rome were able to consolidate the influence and power they already possessed."
    there was no sense of two separate churches in the fifth century. the pope did not enjoy authority over the east simply because he was just one of the four (soon to be five) patriarchs, the relative hierarchy between them being a hotly debated topic. differences in liturgical uses existed, but were not to become a fundamental item of dispute until the Quinisext council in the late seventh century. The bishops of Rome were incredibly prestigious figures, but it is worth keeping in mind that as late as the 650's Pope Martin was imprisoned, brought to Constantinople, tried and exiled for high treason, having (allegedly) supported the revolt of the exarch Olympius.
    Having two churches in this period makes no sense. On the other hand, internal doctrinal disputes (over Arianism, Nestorianism and later on Miaphysism) should be represented, as they played a significant role in political life.

What really astonishes me though is the "burn to ashes your own cities" mechanics. That is just completely absurd and utterly unhistorical... I cannot think of a single instance in which Roman forces burnt down to the ground major urban centres and retreated. This was not WWII on the Russian front...

I would like to play Byzantium during this era. That is where the emphasis should be.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by demostene View Post
    What really astonishes me though is the "burn to ashes your own cities" mechanics. That is just completely absurd and utterly unhistorical... I cannot think of a single instance in which Roman forces burnt down to the ground major urban centres and retreated. This was not WWII on the Russian front...
    Attila and the Huns however, did in fact do so. The city of Aquileia was completely destroyed by the Huns in 452ad aswell as Corinth and other Balkan Adriatic cities during Alaric's campaigns. CA will probably only give the ability to raze settlements to the "barbarian" factions so no worries.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Now this is the gritty look I want in my total war games. Not the technicolour yawn that Rome 2 became with the release of the Emperor Edition.

DarrenTotalWar said in his campaign video that there's culture as well as religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnfh...Ve6goukeamRp9w (3m30s - 4m)

my eternal thanks to the EB team for making R:TW such an epic game, and to TWC and all other modders for pushing the boundaries with each Total War title .

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: [screens] Attila Total War - pictures screens vidéos

Quote Originally Posted by KLAssurbanipal View Post
    Units from CRoC mod looks much better - more historical and various.

Their subforum if somebody didn't hear about them:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...f-Christianity

Examples of units:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As usual modders done it better. TW is a dead duck, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Destraex View Post
    I would like to play Byzantium during this era. That is where the emphasis should be.
    Actually it is called Eastern Roman Empire, so called Byzantine Empire did not exist before medieval era. It is small difference, tough. And Eastern Roman Empire sounds mightier, like that super power is only one part of huge Roman empire!
    ËDIT: In fact Romans never considered empire split, Eastern and Western Roman empires are de facto factions.
    Last edited by TheRomanRuler; September 26, 2014 at 07:29 AM.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Yeah probably going to give the Eastern Romans a go first. Great unit variety.

The skill system for the Generals stills bugs me, that you can choose what your general are going to learn. It seemed more organic in Medieval and Rome where the Generals earned traits based on not what the player wanted them to learn, but what they were actually doing.