Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TOTAL WAR: ATTILA - Campaign & Battle gameplay, Developer interviews and Hands on Impressions!

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: TOTAL WAR: ATTILA - Campaign & Battle gameplay, Developer interviews and Hands on Impressions!

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenTotalWar View Post
    This is kind of an entirely different situation to Rome II. This is clearly just building on Rome II as an existing game, and I played it myself so I believe it to be true.

It doesn't look better than the original Rome II footage, so it's safe to assume this is probably what we're getting.
    Well, I trust your opinion more than CA's. Do you know when this thing is coming out?

Default Re: TOTAL WAR: ATTILA - Campaign & Battle gameplay, Developer interviews and Hands on Impressions!

thank you very much

The excited one's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    First let me give some credentials:

"Lots of mad"

Just becareful before the mods are trying to shut you down since you are ruining CA's marketing hype campaign.
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

The excited one's Avatar Senator

double post
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Well, my biggest gripes atm are lack of proper AA, lack of family-trees, and the way they handle levelling and traits. Most other stuff is moddable. To me it sounds this game will fix/improve most of those things. As a gamer, I'm really happy they are improving the game with actual mechanics and such, listening the community, but... If none of that translates to Rome 2, I'm feeling all this wait was worth it, but I have to buy another game to get them? Yeah, it is a bit mixed bag.

But if they actually deliver this time, I'm going to get it no doubt. No day one cut out DLC this time tought, please CA

Roman shields and short celtic swords(use saxon)... I don't like.

Like a modification.

I want to see some multiplayer campaign love before i buy.

We have had head to head & co-op for 2 people for some time now & it appears relatively stable in Rome 2 now.

Id like to see it expanded to 4 people head to head, + also rolled back to Rome 2.

To me that would be development vs repackaging that seems to be on offer.

Re-packaged same old rubbish. Rome 2 = worst total war game ever. Attila looks like more of the same. Not looking forward to anything here !

I like the new idea presented, the problem is not that but all current games developers are focusing too much on the spectacular graphics and fx and are almost completely forgetting to give real content to the game and then sell some and very occasionally. That's why more and more people lose faith.
    Si la aventura de España me costara 100.000 hombres no lo intentaría pero no serán más de 12.000.
    Napoleon 1º
    ---------------------------------

If Spain's adventure cost me 100,000 men do not try but will not be over 12,000.
    Napoleon I

Hammy202's Avatar Foederatus

I don't know what to say about it right now cause at this point as its to early to say anything. I'll see later on when we have more info. And Darren keep up the great work m8 loving the vids o by the way if your in Cork sometime give me a shout we''ll have pints Erin Go Bragh

Quote Originally Posted by diamutene View Post
    Roman shields and short celtic swords(use saxon)... I don't like.

Like a modification.
    This is pre pre pre alpha stuff dude, they most likely use Rome II placeholders to focus on more important features to show off, making new models and textures comes after.

And why do they always have to have furs? Most never wore furs, because furs took on a functional role depicting certain positions in late Germanic society.
    Considering the winters in Northern Europe, you might want to wear furs to warm you up, especially if you live partially on hunting. I know I would. Plus, these untis seems rather elite guys so it make sense when they wear good stuff.
    Last edited by Manu La Canette; September 26, 2014 at 06:31 AM.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The Seax actually isn't a Saxon invention, it comes from the Baltic region and appears around the 2nd century AD. Long seaxes (like the Pouan or Blucina Seax) were more widespread at the time anyways.

The Pouan Find, believed to be a Burgundian between 450-470 AD, found on the Catalaunian Fields. It is probably not associated with the Proelium Campus Catalauniense, but we really don't know. Cloisonne is actually a central asian invention, carried west to the Franks and other peoples by the Huns.

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

PLEASE CA: Change the horrible horse animations!!! let them run over the ground not floating xD

ubet's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by student23 View Post
    Now they've officially lost it.
    concur

Replayability LOST !

Notice how Rome 2 has little replay appeal. Conquer the world 3 -4 times as different factions then that's about it. no depth to try different setups.

This looks like new SEGA way of life.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

TheCenturion24's Avatar Semisalis

The thing is, I've learned a lot of things with Total War since Empire, and it's consistent enough that I won't be falling for it again.

Firstly... it's obviously based on Rome II. Which was to be expected, except that it's not a good thing. Sure, if you like Rome II, you'll enjoy this most likely. But Rome II was never that good, it still had many issues, it was still pretty shallow, it certainly wasn't as solid as RI/MII. If by some miracle they actually did something new and fresh with it (to be frank, the videos look identical to Rome II in so many ways), I'm not paying more money for it. Not in a million years. It's not even on the same level as Napoleon or FotS- those games managed to be significantly different in certain areas, this one just looks like a Rome II retexture. Not cool.

CA have proven again and again that they're not interested in innovating or actually improving on what they've done, and after Rome II, I've decided to just leave it. They've found their new audience, and they're happy making money from them. So I'll be watching this game from a distance.

Whats new in this game?
    Engine tweaks for better optimisation, graphics? Introduction of new features?
    ''When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace''.Jimi Hendrix

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

There was no progressive climate change in this period. That's a long disproven myth.
    And they're doing it anyway? Just wow.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

I'm sick of Rome 2. CA has to abandon it (it's just not getting anywhere), and move on to a new engine and medieval 3.

Good job on the video though! It was very informative, thanks!
    Last edited by Garensterz; September 26, 2014 at 10:07 AM.

Rep to you Darren. I really like your videos

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast