Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TOTAL WAR: ATTILA - Campaign & Battle gameplay, Developer interviews and Hands on Impressions!

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Default TOTAL WAR: ATTILA - Campaign & Battle gameplay, Developer interviews and Hands on Impressions!

So the new Total War has be revealed, but what some of you may not know is that I was invited to The Creative Assembly studios
    in Horsham to see the game and play it before anyone else (even SEGA apparently!).

I got an hour to play with battles, an extensive campaign demo and Q&A with the developers.
    I also got to interview Janos Gaspair (Lead Designer), Dominique Starr (Senior Campaign Designer) and Pawez Woss (Lead Art) about the game.

Without further delay, I present my coverage of the event and the new game:

First up is my experience with playing the battles. I played a Siege Battle (defending) as West Rome against some Barbarians in Britannia.

Next up is my experience with the extended look of the campaign. We were shown a 30min demo and Q&A session about the campaign itself and I also got some early footage to show off.

Lastly I recorded a 30min interview with the developers, but have split it into campaign and battle segments.
    I'm joined by Janos Gaspair (Lead Designer), Dominique Starr (Senior Campaign Designer) and Pawel Wojs (Art Lead)

Battle:

Campaign:

Thanks for watching! I'll be responding to comments in the thread.. Also, my Day at CA will be coming later in both video and post form.

A lot of the same questions were popping up so here is a new video with even more gameplay addressing all that:
    Last edited by DarrenTotalWar; October 06, 2014 at 06:45 AM.

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Default Re: TOTAL WAR: ATTILA - Campaign & Battle gameplay, Developer interviews and Hands on Impressions!

OH thank you very much.

Default Re: TOTAL WAR: ATTILA - Campaign & Battle gameplay, Developer interviews and Hands on Impressions!

Anyone recognize if the music in the battle video is new or is it old from Rome 2?

Nevermind the battle video isn't the same as the one shown on EGX
    Last edited by Blimeyman; September 25, 2014 at 11:03 AM.

Wooooo! ya so pumped now
    Any Veterans of the Afghanistan/Iraq wars join my group. Im trying to get a Veterans group started on here.

Now they've officially lost it.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

So... Is this expansion, or standalone? All the changes sound pretty damn great, CA really have listened. Would be just shame if these changes would not go to Rome2 also.

...and finally freaking family-trees, yeeees!

Btw. love to see all the fires and smoke considering how they caused utter disasters with even the best rigs in Rome II.

Wow, cool stuff. So how should I see this game? As a Rome: Barbarian Invasion 2, but then full priced or? I very much enjoyed Rome II, especially after they fixed basically all bugs and made the campaign more diffecult. The Emperor edition, released for free by CA last week or so, was perfect. And since it was free, my faith in CA has kind of been restored. I am thus looking forward to any BIG expansion, like this. Although I obviously hoped for Medieval 2. That's still my favorite TW game, mostly because of the lovely mods!

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Great stuff, DarrenTotalWar - as a Late Roman enthusiast, this has me really excited! Thanks for sharing!

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Looks good. Just might be exactly what gives this era justice. And there's no way they'd miss the opportunity to port the family tree into the original game. There's no reason not to.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

not enough info I wish ca let you play a bit of the campaign and battles by yourself. such a waste of your clear speaking video skills.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Londinium looks so freakin' huge. I hope that's not just for historical/custom battle but the average representation of majority other cities too.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Don't get hyped. I remember the massive disappointment on these forums after the Rome II launch

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Darren, do you think you could be their spokesman now? Well, don't be dissapointed when the game comes out and it's not what you remember This era is not my cup o' tea, but my distrust to CA cannot be subdued! In short, I'll believe it when I see it (on my pc).

This had better be an add-on for Rome II or CA can forget about me buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    This had better be an add-on for Rome II or CA can forget about me buying it.

Not likely: Empire-> Napoleon, Rome2-> Attila

nce_wht_guy's Avatar Vicarius

YES! UP CA!!!!!
    Support Russia!

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great. Another side-show game based off a historical character, like NTW. That's already constricted the game massively.

VICTORIA NEXT PLEASE.
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Aymer de Valence View Post
    Great. Another side-show game based off a historical character, like NTW. That's already constricted the game massively.

VICTORIA NEXT PLEASE.
    Yeah right. Look at all the people who complained when Fall of the Samurai came out.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

NO, is just rtw2 whit new moddels. Boring

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast