Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Total War™: ATTILA Announced

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Total War™: ATTILA Announced

Quote Originally Posted by john129pats View Post
    There is no pleasing you people.
    Yes there is. Finish Rome 2 properly and then release whatever you want.

TheCenturion24's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
    So basically Barbarian Invasion 2.0

Sweet.
    I dunno. That might be insulting to the guys who developed the first Rome.

Princess Cadance's Avatar Domesticus

So their making Barbarian Invasion II as a stand-alone...so was the Emperor Edition the last addition for RII? Yeah way to go CA. A nice looking map and what street fighting? Hasn't that been in every Total War? Or have they just now got it right?
    "Sing to the LORD a new song;sing to the LORD, all the earth."-Psalm 96:1
    "A true man hates no one."-Napoleon Bonaparte

Right now the thing I hate the most in the RII campaign is lack of substantial province development. I understand what they tried to do in Rome II, but it ended up being a disaster. Limited slots, and each one filled by a numbered tier. And this was supposed to be an improvement? This would have been appropriate for early 1980's era of gaming!

I really hope a return to the Rome I/BI tried and tested settlement construction system where you get a wide variety of different buildings available, just like you know, in a real city. We've had enough of abstract Atari era upgradeable square icons which mean absolutely zilch from an immersion perspective.

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

As much as I want this game RIGHT NOW i'd happily wait an additional 6 months to have it released super super SUPER polished and complete.

Also CA please dont abandon RII just yet, I wouldnt mind some more faction/unit/campaign DLC's....

My question is; do you think we'll get the same sort of DLC campaigns for TWA as TWR2? Would be cool to have some very specific campaigns like the saxon conquest of Britain or the Gothic Wars etc etc.

andry18's Avatar Tiro

but...why isn't it on the rome2 section? it's clearly the stand-alone expansion, like fots (which was included in the shogun2 section)

I preordered this night.

just kidding of course

Quote Originally Posted by Ecthelion
    Have they announced a start date yet?
    Yes, they have. It starts at 395 A.D.

Couldn't care less that they've added "new" features. When they say they're announcing a new Total War title, while technically true, they knew full well this is a repackaged version of Rome 2. I can hardly imagine it took that much time to insert the features we all wanted in the original to this game.

I've been playing Total War since the original Shogun. Really starting to lose respect for CA, this is an expansion pack, nothing more or less. A new Total War title implies something different from the last one we just got. Certainly won't be pre-ordering this, and doubt I'll buy it unless the reviews say there is substantial new content and possibilities.

Medieval 3 should certainly be being considered at this point, if not already in development.

Quote Originally Posted by PlPs View Post
    Joey, you always bring good news and I think, I want to marry you
    You think?!

You're welcome on the good news though
    The formal disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

For solutions thread - http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...support-forums
    To post a technical issue - http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisp...-Support-Forum

Feel free to PM me at any time if you wish to discuss any issues or pass on feedback- If you are rude I will not respond.

Tell me you are going to update Rome 2 to Atilla level or at the very least like Shogun 2 Vanilla to Shogun 2 FotS. I'm sure people are going to buy both to appreciate your goodwill. I did buy FotS despite never played it more than once. Like around 30 hours out of 400h+ on FotS.

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Civilians in battles! Yes! Hopefully it won't desrtoy my framerate even more than it already is
    This annoys me after the crap navies partially because of no rowers in rome2. Now we seem to have enough power for spare non combatants.

Still no supply lines???? But we can burn cities instead... great. I will be looking for a COMMON precedent for this in that time especially if the romans are allowed to do it. Happy to be wrong and learn something though.
    Colours look even more horrible and the lighting still shimmers (check the town names in the campaign map) and the units are too dark. From the lighting on the troops you would think
    there was no sun out EVER. First total war I have not been excited about even though I like the subject matter.

Also what is with it being presented as a new game? This for all intents and purposes even if it is stand alone is just an expansion. It will not really build much upon rome2 and its assets at the core I would say.

One thing is for sure Rome2 will not be getting any more features. Just some more skin jobs is my guess and a bug patch or two.

But they have a rather large well paid marketing department now.... progress
    I liked it when they were just geeks in a back room without all the fakery and gawdy fanfare telling us how great things were by twisting things.
    But I guess that was why they released a fix just before this announcement... otherwise there would have been hell to pay.
    What if they had no expansion to release? No fix?

Kill the marketing department and used the $500,000 you save to give me my precious naval warfare more than a balance patch.

P.S. I am a grumpy bum tonight. Just ignore me. Am enjoying the new emperor edition campaign.
    Last edited by Destraex; September 26, 2014 at 05:09 AM.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

i want Africa or China total war =(

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

I am liking the sound of this. It seems like Barbarian Invasion II, but more apocalyptic. I hope the game will deliver.

you guys have not even watched the full gamplay video did you if you did you would know this will be waaaay more amazing game than rome 2 so give it a chance please https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQaT19uu998

justdownloading's Avatar Foederatus

The only missing feature I want to know about is the Jeff Van Dyck soundtrack!

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaka92 View Post
    you guys have not even watched the full gamplay video did you if you did you would know this will be waaaay more amazing game than rome 2 so give it a chance please https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQaT19uu998

Nobody is saying it won't be better than Rome 2. People are saying that Rome 2 should be better than it is now.
    Everything being added in this "new game" should have been in Rome 2.

This "new game" is just a paid for patch and expansion.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I've commented on DarrenTotalWar's thread already, but I hadn't seen the advertisement video.

Attila's armor looks nothing like Hunnic armor (actually we don't know much about Hunnic armor, but can extrapolate it from Avar examples, although we know quite a bit about Hunnic helmets), more like something out of a fantasy game like WOW. And I seriously doubt he wore furs. I don't see much of an Altaic appearance to him either, which is rather safely attributed via Priscus. Only a handful of the Huns, most likely the upper classes, were still Turkish in appearance at this stage, and Attila was one of them.

And he never could have toppled the Roman Empire. His mission was to extort tribute from them, and in 451 it was to set up Childeric as the Frankish king and create a new buffer state for his empire, which went unaccomplished and Childeric wouldn't actually come to the Frankish throne until Merovech died in 457.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

I hope CA will put attention to Aksum now as it was recorded as the "fourth important nation" of this time by ancient historians. Except of that, it was the third nation which converted to Christianity, so they would be really exciting to play. But i expect the typical euro-centrism of CA, so modders have to do this job :/

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Axum and the Romans would fight a war against the Sassanids over Himyar (Modern Yemen or Oman, can't remember which one) in the late 6th century AD.