Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War™: ATTILA Announced

Default Re: Total War™: ATTILA Announced

It looks like a little mod of rome 2. Ididn't like what I saw. I was waiting warhammer TW, Medieval 3 or a 19th century conflict but Attila TW... It sounds like a joke to me. Videos are not impressive at all...

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

''Advanced street-fighting'' I really hope that this means what I think it means and not the introduction of some crazy krav maga unit (not srs)
    Just another case of CA putting stuff in the expansion that should have been part of the original game to begin with.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Is this viewable only by members?

I can't say there was something I didn't particularly like aside from the fact that half of those features should have been in Rome II in the first place.

mramazingfuntime's Avatar Civis

Hmm, hopefully CA will have had time enough to not release a broken game this time?
    As long as they've bashed everything that didn't work last time into shape, this could be a very interesting game! Let's just hope it isn't simply an attempt to grab money...

When will this game be ready for pre-alpha testing....ohh, I mean purchase?
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

There was only one thing I did not like. The huge flags indicating ownership of gates. I don't like them. They look really weird, especially with the arrows indicating if they are going up or down and they mess up screenshots and videos.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

This is what i was hoping for as an expansion and i just can't believe it has happened!

Quote Originally Posted by Elianus View Post
    ''Advanced street-fighting'' I really hope that this means what I think it means and not the introduction of some crazy krav maga unit (not srs)
    Just another case of CA putting stuff in the expansion that should have been part of the original game to begin with.
    Last time they introduced some street fighting, we ended up with AI armies blobing all units in one spot in the city... so i would be quite careful believing such statements...

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Good. probably going to buy it. Finally a family tree, perhaps once this gets launched it can be modded to RII vanilla?
    Veritas Temporis Filia

This looks like something that could have been done as an expansion for R2. Which would actually be a nice expansion... but a stand-alone game? My only thought is that they are re-working the engine significantly in terms of naval and siege combat. IIRC, the whole problem was that the old engine just didn't do pathing very well for siege ladders and gates. So perhaps there are elements other than graphics that are going to be markedly different in the engine.

The bigger question, for me, is: does this mean R2 is pretty much done as far as new content? Because it'd be a shame, now, with Emperor Edition having fixed a number of things to quit adding to R2 just as the game is starting to feel relatively polished. Anyone know anything about if R2 is going to get another expansion or not?

Finally: it probably goes without saying, but I think I'll wait until TW:Attila is a month old before even considering buying it. No pre-order this time around.

Looks nice. New features sound good but... I want them in Rome II, oh well...
    Eupator Dionysius

These stand-alone games are the new expansions guys. Just like Napoleon built on the fundamentals of Empire, Attila will build on the fundamentals of Rome II. And like the old expansions, these games cost less at launch (again, just like Napoleon).

Quote Originally Posted by The Librarian View Post
    These stand-alone games are the new expansions guys. Just like Napoleon built on the fundamentals of Empire, Attila will build on the fundamentals of Rome II. And like the old expansions, these games cost less at launch (again, just like Napoleon).
    If that is indeed true, that would bode well for Attila... as much as Attila looks like it could be just an expansion for R2, I have to say that Napoleon really was miles ahead of Empire. I really enjoyed Napoleon, but couldn't stand Empire. I even got Empire a long while later, not long ago, on Steam, and still couldn't bring myself to get into it.

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Well, at least features that were desperately missed are coming back. So not a move in the right direction, just still treading water.

Shogun II is still the best game CA has made feature wise. Really had hoped we would have seen some growth since S2 but its been a few steps back with a new setting and we've gotten a few step forward to get to where we were several years ago.........just with another new setting.

I had really hoped for an announcement about a new engine + title, but I guess that will have to wait another year or so.

Anyway, thanks for bringing back family tree and the skill development.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Ah yes, just what everyone wanted. Horse archers.

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

I really was so happy when I saw the first video... ´cause I tought Attila was a Rome 2 expansion, with more depth, gameplay and family tree, but no, crap it will be just a standalone game.... Guys, it looks like an expansion, it feels like an expansion, wow, I was happy... I like the new? features in my Rome 2!

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

Indefinitely Banned

Joey, you always bring good news and I think, I want to marry you

RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Will the walls always have some crumbled parts so there is no need of siege machines nor torches? Watching the screenshots and the prealpha presentation video has raised this suspicion.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Bethencourt; September 25, 2014 at 12:34 PM.