Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War™: ATTILA Announced

CA Developer Icon Total War™: ATTILA Announced

Hi all,

We’re delighted to say that we’ve just announced the next title, Total War: ATTILA, live on stage at EGX in London, where the game is also available to try, now, on the show floor.

The lead developers on the Total War: ATTILA Project Team will be doing a live stream on Twitch (front page – www.twitch.tv) from 5pm BST, so be sure to tune in for more information on the game. Otherwise, be sure to stay tuned to our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube for the latest information and news on the game as development progresses.

Here’s the official press release for more information on Total War: ATTILA:

Your World Will Burn
    Total War™
    : ATTILA Announced
    The next thrilling entry in the Total War series takes players to the brink of the apocalypse

San Francisco and London – September 25, 2014 – SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe, Ltd. today announced Total War: ATTILA, the next instalment in the multi award-winning Total War series of strategy games.
    The Dark Ages approach. A time of famine, disease and war, where refugees in their thousands flee from a sweeping tide of destruction and death. Desperate barbaric tribes rally against the ailing might of a dying and divided Roman empire; the light of civilization gutters and dims. In the great steppes of Scythia, a vast and terrifying force gathers, led by a warrior king whose thirst for conquest is utterly unequalled.
    The Scourge of God, the very herald of the apocalypse, Attila the Hun.
    ---
    Total War: ATTILA introduces exciting new gameplay mechanics which improve and add to numerous core turn-based and real-time Total War systems. The world will darken around you as Attila’s forces descend on your homeland creating a unique vision of survival strategy.
    “With Total War: ATTILA we will create a Total War game that will challenge and enthrall fans of the series” said Janos Gaspar, project lead on Total War: ATTILA. “We’re reintroducing some features that fans have been asking for, such as family trees and skill trees, and improving many of the core aspects of Total War we know are important to them. But to really bring the period to life, we’re building on these foundations with many new strategic features for them to consider, such as advanced street-fighting, civilians, complete settlement destruction and dynamic fire that can rage across a city as armies clash. We want to push players to the limits of their skill to survive against the odds, and to love every minute of it.”
    ---
    Total War: ATTILA is due for release in 2015 on Windows PC and Mac. For more information, please visit www.totalwar.com.
    -Creative Assembly
    Last edited by Joey CA; September 25, 2014 at 10:50 AM. Reason: fixed video embedding
    The formal disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

For solutions thread - http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...support-forums
    To post a technical issue - http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisp...-Support-Forum

Feel free to PM me at any time if you wish to discuss any issues or pass on feedback- If you are rude I will not respond.

Default Re: Total War™: ATTILA Announced

Looks nice. A simple question that I guess it wont be answered exactly, when in 2015? early or late 2015?
    Last edited by Bethencourt; September 25, 2014 at 10:45 AM.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Civilians in battles! Yes! Hopefully it won't desrtoy my framerate even more than it already is
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Comes Domesticorum

Looks awesome. Can't wait to see the Queen of Cities, Constantinople...and I expect Hagia Sophia to be buildable!

Looks great CA!

That was actually really good!

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

can we get a subforum up and running or do we have to use the subfroum for rome 2 :/
    Shut it Karnil!
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; September 25, 2014 at 10:52 AM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Father Jack's Avatar expletive intended

Glad to see that the family tree has made a come back, and I like the addition of governors. Looking forward to seeing some more of this.
    Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

kerrfox's Avatar Civis

Looks great; I'd liked to have seen more of the Campaign side of things though.

Spaxspore's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by kerrfox View Post
    Looks great; I'd liked to have seen more of the Campaign side of things though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG0pE77h7KI

Rome 2.2 looks great.
    Cattle die, kindred die,
    Every man is mortal:
    But the good name never dies
    Of one who has done well

Havamal 76

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Good to see the return of some of the missing features.

Am i the only one who feels this looks like a more extensive polished /cleaned up version of rome 2 (especially after seeing the campaign map footage)?

Nothing wrong in that; it just feels like it should be a Expansion like Viking invasion was to medieval total war. Not a standalone game... with a standalone price tag, coupled with a bunch of future micro DLCs.

Thats just my .02 cents on reading the release information and seeing the released videos.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

feels like a lot of the features here are what should have been included into rome 2, still I guess it looks good from the battle and campaign previews

don't be that guy

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Loveless View Post
    So what missing features do we get back??
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Loveless View Post
    +1, Rushed development by the publisher is the only logical reason i can see why they were cut. If one played Rome 2 at release it was clear it was not finished.

Its been nearly a year since ive played ROme 2. With the new edition.. what ive played in the past week was more enjoyable 10 fold than the couple of dozen of hours in beta patch 2/3 last year..

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

`Advanced street fighting, nada nada nada` But no doubt stilluse torches to burn down gates, etc.

I'll believe it when I see it actually happening.

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Oh my gosh! This is so shocking! Never saw this coming?!?

Totally serious here.

Nom Nom MORE money...Nom NOM
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

I guess my hopes of this release being a revisiting of Empire total war are over. .. Was wishing for an annoucment that they would be a version that was to the standard on how it was meant to be released/developed/refined.

I guess CA has to recope the costs of a year worth of continuing development of Rome 2. Thats what this game is all about.. rome 2 with additional and refined enhancements. No issues for me if it was priced to that of an expansion.

I don't think there is enough here to warrant $60+

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast