Thread: Rise of the Inca total war

Default Rise of the Inca total war

first I will preface this with saying, those who know of me know I have my "hands" in a multitude of projects!but this one is one I always thought would be really cool~ for the sake of just getting the mod of the ground (at first)
    I will use the map and models from the Americas Campaign, I will probably cut out North America and have the map begin in Mexico and travel downward extended to southern Peru,
    the factions will be:
    Aztecs
    Maya
    and five Inca factions (all accurate) which are:
    Nazca Inca
    Moche Inca
    Huari Inca
    Chimu Inca
    Tihuanico Inca
    the mod will feature almost all new everything~ may be totally new voices better than the ones in the Americas campaign
    the time frame will be about 800 A.D. to 1050 A.D. four turns per year = 500 turns

I intend to really craft an exquisite,interesting,beautiful and challenging map! the geographic area being covered has a little of everything! Jungles, deserts, forests etc.plenty of features too like mountains and rivers and even a volcano or two

Default Re: Rise of the Inca total war

ok here is the basic map~Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_heights.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	314650
    I have decided to also add the Apache tribes in North America, I have already found numerous "really" good music tracks too add! soon too preview map regions and some preliminary ui~

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

This sounds awesome, I'll be following.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

There's something wrong with Central America though, is that intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    There's something wrong with Central America though, is that intended?
    what do u mean? this is the original "Americas" map done by Sega themselves~ all I`ve done is extend it to include part of South America~

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

I think he wanted to say that you have forgotten to add large piece of land in the place where the Central America joins with South America (around the sStraight of Panama). Anyway nice idea for a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    I think he wanted to say that you have forgotten to add large piece of land in the place where the Central America joins with South America (around the sStraight of Panama). Anyway nice idea for a mod.
    Thank you Kindly!~

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

What units will you be using?

I will primarily be using the units from the "Kingdoms America" Campaign

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Alright, if you are able you may want to contact the Anno 1405 team, that is if they are still around. They had very well done units.

justdownloading's Avatar Foederatus

I was thinking of something along similar lines, but focusing on Mesoamerica. For the sake of accuracy, I would like to point out to you that the Aztecs didn't exist in this time period, they founded Tenochtitlan around 1300AD and stayed a pretty irrelevant city-state until the ascension of their first (recorded) emperor around 1340/1370 (forgot the specific date). 800AD was the time when the power of Teotihuacan, "the birthplace of the gods" was collapsing in the Aztec region. A campaign with elements of Barbarian Invasion gameplay around this collapse would be interesting.

The focus on the Inca will probably be difficult due to their relative isolation. Any other states near them (of which there were few) were not comparable. Therefore it would be a fairly boring play.

I don't know how much historical detail you want to go into, but the Maya were a group of constantly infighting city-states (a common analogy is Ancient Greece). Depicting them as such would make for a quite interesting culture to play as.

Just some ideas if you're still on this. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by justdownloading View Post
    I was thinking of something along similar lines, but focusing on Mesoamerica. For the sake of accuracy, I would like to point out to you that the Aztecs didn't exist in this time period, they founded Tenochtitlan around 1300AD and stayed a pretty irrelevant city-state until the ascension of their first (recorded) emperor around 1340/1370 (forgot the specific date). 800AD was the time when the power of Teotihuacan, "the birthplace of the gods" was collapsing in the Aztec region. A campaign with elements of Barbarian Invasion gameplay around this collapse would be interesting.

The focus on the Inca will probably be difficult due to their relative isolation. Any other states near them (of which there were few) were not comparable. Therefore it would be a fairly boring play.

I don't know how much historical detail you want to go into, but the Maya were a group of constantly infighting city-states (a common analogy is Ancient Greece). Depicting them as such would make for a quite interesting culture to play as.

Just some ideas if you're still on this. Good luck.
    actually! that sounds very interesting "make the mod based on the Maya city-states rather than the Inca empire" some research for me! but that actually makes alot of the modding I need to do easier too! if I take this "route" I might push the start date back further and eliminate the Aztecs and Apache altogether! and make all factions Mayan (at least 7 too begin with, I can always add more later upon further research) thank you~

justdownloading's Avatar Foederatus

Glad I could help you. PM me if you need anything else.