Thread: Frustrating Crashes When Starting Any Battles

Default Frustrating Crashes When Starting Any Battles

So I've been playing this game for a while, and after downloading the newest version, it worked perfectly for quite a while. Now, all of a sudden, any time I try to start a Custom Battle, a Quick Battle, or a Hyrule Historia mission, the game crashes to my desktop. Sometimes I'm teased with a brief image of a semi-loaded battlefield, before a sudden freeze and crash inevitably occurs. This frustrates me to no end because this game is one of my favorites to play on my pc, and in a case of diabolical timing, the problem started just as I was attempting to show it to a fellow Zelda fan who had not heard of it or seen it before. I'd really like to continue playing this game, and I'd love to introduce my friend to it, but I am totally at a loss as to how to fix this, even after browsing the forums for a solution. Somebody please help me find and solve the problem if possible! I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Default Re: Frustrating Crashes When Starting Any Battles

You should post the log files. Start the game and try to play it. If it does crash, that's what was intended, as it is of paramount importance that the log files are fresh and of the right mod. Now, go to the M2TW folder. There is a sub-folder named "logs" or something like that. Inside the sub-folder you will find several txt-type files, of which the largest is the one you should post here. Do that and perhaps I can find what's the problem.

I don't seem to have a subfolder named "logs" anywhere in my M2TW folder or mod subfolders.

Well, that's the point. The folder only exists when the game has recently crashed and any clues about the crash were discovered. That's why you have to make the game crash. And for me, the log path is C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs. Of course, you might have installed your M2TW to some other folder, but that should probably help you.

I've made the game crash and immediately went into my M2TW folder. Still nothing. No new folders or files whatsoever.

@ElricGodslayer.
    I play HTW on steam so for me this is the path I take.
    "E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\logs"

Now I have a few questions for you.
    Did you or any one else edit any file of your HTW game?
    Did you just Download and install HTW?
    Have you installed any of the Hyrule Historia mission Arcs? (They come separately now if you didn't know.)
    Did you Download and install any Community patch?
    Did you Download and install any Sub-Mods?