Thread: Mounted units with Carbines?

Default Mounted units with Carbines?

So perhaps I'm really that much of a novice (quite possible!) but, despite REALLY liking this mod, I don't see a single mounted unit with any kind of firearm! Now I know that as far as realism goes: mounted units didn't really "shoot from the saddle" very often (or very effectively) but I have always been a big fan of the gameplay that results from using mounted-archers...and really just wanted to have some of that here.

Am I just "not doing it right" or are there no mounted gun-wielding units in the mod? If there Aren't any: is there an easy way to get them to have firearms? I'm super inexperienced with any sort of modding myself (editing the unit text file is about as far as I've gotten,) so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Mounted units with Carbines?

Quote Originally Posted by leerm02 View Post
    So perhaps I'm really that much of a novice (quite possible!) but, despite REALLY liking this mod, I don't see a single mounted unit with any kind of firearm! Now I know that as far as realism goes: mounted units didn't really "shoot from the saddle" very often (or very effectively) but I have always been a big fan of the gameplay that results from using mounted-archers...and really just wanted to have some of that here.

Am I just "not doing it right" or are there no mounted gun-wielding units in the mod? If there Aren't any: is there an easy way to get them to have firearms? I'm super inexperienced with any sort of modding myself (editing the unit text file is about as far as I've gotten,) so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    OK:

1-no, no units in N2TW that have that ability.
    2-not easy--to put it mildly. to give them the ability, you first have to give them the ability to attack in the EDU (always as a primary weapon).

you then need animations for it (I would recommend Ogniem i Miezcem Total war). you then have to edit the descr_model_battle to give the units the ability to use the animations for it (so they don't look weird). finally, you need to give the unit model a carbine or pistol: for this you need 3dsmax or a similar 3d modelling program.

your best bet is to go to the workshop for the total war eras forum, and read all the relevant tutorials.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)