Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Barbarian Invasion 2/Atilla leaked?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Barbarian Invasion 2/Atilla leaked?

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    Since they as most of the nomads were about "ride, kill, destroy, steal, devastate"
    Just like the romans and all other civilization since ancient times until this very day.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

billydilly's Avatar Senator

It Barbarian Invasion 2 / Attila Excited!!
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

"savage race, which dwelt at first in the swamps, a stunted, foul and puny tribe, scarcely human and having no language save one which bore but slight resemblance to human speech."

Well that's an unbiased, trustworthy description if I've ever heard one.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

not excited. I would prefer something new for addon. For example ancient India.

Quote Originally Posted by ^OvO^ View Post
    Just like the romans and all other civilization since ancient times until this very day.
    It's not a true at all. Here are few examples that there were quite opposite civilizations in comparison to a nomads.

I'm bit lazy to type, so here's some copy paste about Alexander The Great from Wiki which do not go by any means as "ride, kill, destroy, steal, devastate" and will explain the general differences.

His campaigns greatly increased contacts and trade between East and West, and vast areas to the east were significantly exposed to Greek civilization and influence.[14] Some of the cities he founded became major cultural centers, many surviving into the 21st century. His chroniclers recorded valuable information about the areas through which he marched, while the Greeks themselves got a sense of belonging to a world beyond the Mediterranean.

Founding of cities

Over the course of his conquests, Alexander founded some twenty cities that bore his name, most of them east of the Tigris.[104][204] The first, and greatest, was Alexandria in Egypt, which would become one of the leading Mediterranean cities.[104] The cities' locations reflected trade routes as well as defensive positions. At first, the cities must have been inhospitable, little more than defensive garrisons.[104] Following Alexander's death, many Greeks who had settled there tried to return to Greece.[104][204] However, a century or so after Alexander's death, many of the Alexandrias were thriving, with elaborate public buildings and substantial populations that included both Greek and local peoples.[104]

Cyrus the Great

The policies of Cyrus with respect to treatment of minority religions are well documented in Babylonian texts as well as Jewish sources and the historians accounts. Cyrus had a general policy of religious tolerance throughout his vast empire. Whether this was a new policy or the continuation of policies followed by the Babylonians and Assyrians (as Lester Grabbe maintains)[98] is disputed. He brought peace to the Babylonians and is said to have kept his army away from the temples and restored the statues of the Babylonian gods to their sanctuaries.[20]
    His treatment of the Jews during their exile in Babylon after Nebuchadnezzar II destroyed Jerusalem is reported in the Bible. The Jewish Bible'sKetuvim ends in Second Chronicles with the decree of Cyrus, which returned the exiles to the Promised Land from Babylon along with a commission to rebuild the temple.

Cyrus the Great is also well recognized for his achievements in human rights, politics, and military strategy, as well as his influence on both Eastern and Western civilizations. Having originated from Persis, roughly corresponding to the modern Iranian province of Fars, Cyrus has played a crucial role in defining the national identity of modern Iran.[23][24][25] Cyrus and, indeed, the Achaemenid influence in the ancient world also extended as far as Athens, where many Athenians adopted aspects of the Achaemenid Persian culture as their own, in a reciprocal cultural exchange

I would add also that Russian Empire hardly destroyed and other civilizations and on contrary was very tolerant to many of conquered nations and made much to develop the them into states.

As for Romans unlike any of nomads they did contribute in many ways to a treasury of world's civilization.

Ecthelion's Avatar Great Ramen Connoisseur

The suspense is killing me. I assume we will be receiving confirmation in the next few hours?
    This is my signature. Isn't it awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Well that's an unbiased, trustworthy description if I've ever heard one.
    I quoted Jordanes who was Roman bureaucraft and historian and lived in 6th century A.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Nizam
    Btw do you remember these flags? This time we will play all factions, I can't wait. I really want play as Huns and White Huns
    Honestly, I don't. Are they supposed to be hidden banners from the missing factions of BI? I made a little research and I only found them in a Turkish site (I used Google translation, so...):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    They're propbably the Hepthalites.
    Quadi.
    Marcomanii.
    Iazyges.
    The site is clueless, but I guess they are the Ghassanids or the Lakhmids. Probably the latter.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; September 25, 2014 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Format

I quoted Jordanes who was Roman bureaucraft and historian and lived in 6th century A.D.
    That's the sound of his point going over your head.

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

As we wait in anticipation of the lack of changes that we will have in Attila the Sailor do you think the Huns should build fleets or have siege equipment? We know that the Vandals skipped across the straits of Gibraltar should the Huns be able to skip across the Mediterranean? Will the building tree for a city be the same as a Hun village what do people think the differences will be ? Will Constantinople be able to build walls?

Nearly forgot will there be panoramas?

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

The plebs are already sapping this up my lord.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    Swore they told us that it wouldn't be related to Rome, but that could have been a misspeak or a clever lie!

Also possible we'll have a BI2 as well as a new total war. I forget when they announced MTWII, but I don't think it was after Bi2 released given there was only a year's difference between the two. In terms of appearance it seems like atilla is a safe bet. The only other historical thing that comes to mind from that scale + disc would be India or China.
    scale armor, the hair, the eastern look. 100% attila.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post
    The plebs are already sapping this up my lord.
    I'm ready to preorder ? Are you ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Tiro

seems legit

They took armor and face of protagonist from BBC documentary "Heroes & Villains: Attila the Hun" .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eurogamer-ejkq4d.jpg   max1341158980-front-cover.jpg  
    Last edited by Alex Khan; September 25, 2014 at 04:29 AM.

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

It's not a true at all. Here are few examples that there were quite opposite civilizations in comparison to a nomads.

I'm bit lazy to type, so here's some copy paste about Alexander The Great from Wiki which do not go by any means as "ride, kill, destroy, steal, devastate" and will explain the general differences.

His campaigns greatly increased contacts and trade between East and West, and vast areas to the east were significantly exposed to Greek civilization and influence.[14] Some of the cities he founded became major cultural centers, many surviving into the 21st century. His chroniclers recorded valuable information about the areas through which he marched, while the Greeks themselves got a sense of belonging to a world beyond the Mediterranean.

Founding of cities

Over the course of his conquests, Alexander founded some twenty cities that bore his name, most of them east of the Tigris.[104][204] The first, and greatest, was Alexandria in Egypt, which would become one of the leading Mediterranean cities.[104] The cities' locations reflected trade routes as well as defensive positions. At first, the cities must have been inhospitable, little more than defensive garrisons.[104] Following Alexander's death, many Greeks who had settled there tried to return to Greece.[104][204] However, a century or so after Alexander's death, many of the Alexandrias were thriving, with elaborate public buildings and substantial populations that included both Greek and local peoples.[104]

Cyrus the Great

The policies of Cyrus with respect to treatment of minority religions are well documented in Babylonian texts as well as Jewish sources and the historians accounts. Cyrus had a general policy of religious tolerance throughout his vast empire. Whether this was a new policy or the continuation of policies followed by the Babylonians and Assyrians (as Lester Grabbe maintains)[98] is disputed. He brought peace to the Babylonians and is said to have kept his army away from the temples and restored the statues of the Babylonian gods to their sanctuaries.[20]
    His treatment of the Jews during their exile in Babylon after Nebuchadnezzar II destroyed Jerusalem is reported in the Bible. The Jewish Bible'sKetuvim ends in Second Chronicles with the decree of Cyrus, which returned the exiles to the Promised Land from Babylon along with a commission to rebuild the temple.

Cyrus the Great is also well recognized for his achievements in human rights, politics, and military strategy, as well as his influence on both Eastern and Western civilizations. Having originated from Persis, roughly corresponding to the modern Iranian province of Fars, Cyrus has played a crucial role in defining the national identity of modern Iran.[23][24][25] Cyrus and, indeed, the Achaemenid influence in the ancient world also extended as far as Athens, where many Athenians adopted aspects of the Achaemenid Persian culture as their own, in a reciprocal cultural exchange

I would add also that Russian Empire hardly destroyed and other civilizations and on contrary was very tolerant to many of conquered nations and made much to develop the them into states.

As for Romans unlike any of nomads they did contribute in many ways to a treasury of world's civilization.
    Don't feed his argument even though he's joking. The Huns were probably the worst army Europe has ever seen, next to the Mongols. He's well aware of this.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Yes, Im sure a people who were just brutally sacked by the Huns are the most honest and unbiased people to write about the Huns.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Do you think the engine will be update ? Or the campaign map scall increase like in Caesar in Gaul + extension on the east ?
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Khan View Post
    seems legit

They took armor and face of protagonist from BBC documentary "Heroes & Villains: Attila the Hun" .
    That was a pretty good doucmentary actually. Would be cool, if they would hire the "BBC Attila" as voiceactor.

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Yes, Im sure a people who were just brutally sacked by the Huns are the most honest and unbiased people to write about the Huns.
    Well when you're talking about this era nobody are really nice people. I'm CS so I can't really comment in detail.... Though it's worth noting that they were trophy taking merciless people who almost never left the saddle, in fact, ate raw salted meat, didn't settle anywhere, had stout legs and bodies (fact), and ritually scarred and otherwise bodily modified themselves. It's a plundering horde. Don't get overly sympathetic for a rampaging nomadic horde with no civic ethics to speak of, just because they made camp from time to time and were master archers from horseback.
    Last edited by Lugotorix; September 25, 2014 at 05:11 AM.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Their sloppiness is unbelievable!They didn't even bother to hide the picture properly

Anyway,if it's indeed Attila then I'm personally not interested in this period and I also found Barbarian Invasion for Rome TW extremely boring and uninteresting,so the only way for me to even bother with this title would be if it completely overhauls Rome 2 to the standards that it should have been since release.

I have to say that after Rome 2 noone among the TW fans has the right to claim that CA tricked him/her with this new title.Every person with working brain in his/her head must know exactly what is coming with the marketing and everyone who pre-orders deserves to be lied to and milked.