Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turn 2

Default Re: Turn 2

Epirus

Difficulty? And also could you make a video of this?
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

That is really bad. And you gotta get this in quick coz CA aren't patching this game for much longer and this could take months to fix. Look at the major bugs they left behind in their last 3 games.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

What bug ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

lawandorder82's Avatar Ducenarius

That is a awesome campaign going on . You useing any mods.
    Albundy for president 2019 my lets play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iZV...azsoGel3_b_7rA

How did you accumulate so much money so quickly?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Zom View Post
    If anyone who can make pixel money in Total War, he's the one and only wealthmonger
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by DeliCiousTZM View Post
    Difficulty? And also could you make a video of this?
    Legendary difficulty. Video of it, Maybe but I'm not sure if I can replicate it to this extent and I would have to edit it down cutting all the times other factions said no to my proposals.

Quote Originally Posted by lawandorder82 View Post
    That is a awesome campaign going on . You useing any mods.
    The cloud removal mod is the only mod that I was using.

Quote Originally Posted by Zom View Post
    I can go over what I remember of the process. Send your admiral in double time towards Knossos, your spy to the north. Start going through each faction in diplomacy and see who will pay for a non aggression pact, trade, defensive alliance, military access, full alliance. First turn, most will do a NAP and trade. If they won't pay or they want you to pay then move on to the next one, Check with each faction multiple times. Sometimes they'll change their minds, low to moderate or moderate to high. Getting allied or sometimes trade tends to reveal their neighbors then you talk them. If two factions are at war and you want both to be your allies, you'll have to get both of them to join against the same enemies and then hope they get peace with each other on the next turn or you can satrapy one of them but I don't advise it because sometimes your allies will declare on your satraps.

I gifted the Seleucids raising relations to get a NAP on turn 1 to try and keep them from declaring on Cyprus. After you've got all the agreements you can get declare on Qidri and go through the factions paying a small amount 100 to 300 usually for other factions to join against them, this will help you get more deals because of the relations boost. At some point on turn 1 I got Cyrenaica to pay for peace then I gifted them to get a NAP and trade. I don't recall which it is but either declaring on Qidri or getting peace with Cyrenaica gets you to dependable, so you might want to do those after getting agreements with the other factions.

You recycle most of the money you get to pay factions for a defensive alliance and full alliance, Focus first on the hellenics in greece and asia minor. Once you have an alliance you demand money. Usually start at 2000 or 2500 and go down 500 at a time to see what their willing to give you. If a faction gives you money, check again sometimes you can get more. Once I was allied with the Seleucids they gave me 5000, I checked again and they gave me another 4000. I declared on Tylis turn 2, same as above try to get other factions to join against them. I don't understand exactly how it works, it seems that all factions or at least some get a money boost if they enter into a new war, then you demand money trying to get your cut of it. So after getting what money you can, declare on another faction and demand money from your allies again.

Go through the above process until your eyes are popping out of your head and you should have something similar to what I did. Word to the wise, turn off the sound or get used to hearing this.......Where have you put your people's pride? Is it eaten by wolves, or pecked away by carrion birds?, Gold?, No.
    Last edited by wealthmonger; September 25, 2014 at 01:30 AM.

lol, would be nice if your reported this to the CA. I have exploited AI for money on relations and visiting them often but never to such extent. (I guess I just make house rules for the realism)

Why would you report that it is not a glitch . It is just good diplomacy.
    Albundy for president 2019 my lets play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iZV...azsoGel3_b_7rA

Why would you report that it is not a glitch . It is just good diplomacy.

You mean to say to me that revisiting nations every turn and them suddenly giving you stuff and give in to demands because of random factor is good diplomacy and that i was meant for people to get 300k of gold just like that?

Dont think so

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by wealthmonger View Post
    Legendary difficulty. Video of it, Maybe but I'm not sure if I can replicate it to this extent and I would have to edit it down cutting all the times other factions said no to my proposals.

The cloud removal mod is the only mod that I was using.

I can go over what I remember of the process. Send your admiral in double time towards Knossos, your spy to the north. Start going through each faction in diplomacy and see who will pay for a non aggression pact, trade, defensive alliance, military access, full alliance. First turn, most will do a NAP and trade. If they won't pay or they want you to pay then move on to the next one, Check with each faction multiple times. Sometimes they'll change their minds, low to moderate or moderate to high. Getting allied or sometimes trade tends to reveal their neighbors then you talk them. If two factions are at war and you want both to be your allies, you'll have to get both of them to join against the same enemies and then hope they get peace with each other on the next turn or you can satrapy one of them but I don't advise it because sometimes your allies will declare on your satraps.

I gifted the Seleucids raising relations to get a NAP on turn 1 to try and keep them from declaring on Cyprus. After you've got all the agreements you can get declare on Qidri and go through the factions paying a small amount 100 to 300 usually for other factions to join against them, this will help you get more deals because of the relations boost. At some point on turn 1 I got Cyrenaica to pay for peace then I gifted them to get a NAP and trade. I don't recall which it is but either declaring on Qidri or getting peace with Cyrenaica gets you to dependable, so you might want to do those after getting agreements with the other factions.

You recycle most of the money you get to pay factions for a defensive alliance and full alliance, Focus first on the hellenics in greece and asia minor. Once you have an alliance you demand money. Usually start at 2000 or 2500 and go down 500 at a time to see what their willing to give you. If a faction gives you money, check again sometimes you can get more. Once I was allied with the Seleucids they gave me 5000, I checked again and they gave me another 4000. I declared on Tylis turn 2, same as above try to get other factions to join against them. I don't understand exactly how it works, it seems that all factions or at least some get a money boost if they enter into a new war, then you demand money trying to get your cut of it. So after getting what money you can, declare on another faction and demand money from your allies again.

Go through the above process until your eyes are popping out of your head and you should have something similar to what I did. Word to the wise, turn off the sound or get used to hearing this.......Where have you put your people's pride? Is it eaten by wolves, or pecked away by carrion birds?, Gold?, No.
    Wow. That's impossible...

...or so I thought. I thought I hassled my AI neighbours a lot. You did some heavy beta testing for CA there as they never test their games to this degree. They ought to pay you for that!

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSan View Post
    You mean to say to me that revisiting nations every turn and them suddenly giving you stuff and give in to demands because of random factor is good diplomacy and that i was meant for people to get 300k of gold just like that?

Dont think so
    Sometimes if someone ask something idioting from you so many times you might just give in.

They pay you money because they dont want your empire to destroy them.

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

They pay you money because they dont want your empire to destroy them.
    Right, and my Seleucid Empire owning everything east of Syria (and Macedonia, Hellas, Syracusa and Massilia) has to pay money to some obscure and puny one settlement tribe in Gaul for a NAP.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Aeneas Veneratio View Post
    Right, and my Seleucid Empire owning everything east of Syria (and Macedonia, Hellas, Syracusa and Massilia) has to pay money to some obscure and puny one settlement tribe in Gaul for a NAP.
    If they are not bordering you where you have no army presence nearby then it's your mistake to pay them. If they have a region bordering your unprotected region then it make sense if you pay them for NAP, how small their faction is. Usually if something like that happened to me and the AI keep refusing to accept even money for NAP then of course it gives hints to send and army there or build one while you still can.

Egypt is pretty funny for Head to Head MPC. Just get everyone to ally with you and declare war on your opponent and let the AI do the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    Egypt is pretty funny for Head to Head MPC. Just get everyone to ally with you and declare war on your opponent and let the AI do the work.
    That comment, that avatar = Win
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

I tried this again to get it on video, managed to push it back to turn 1 this time. I stopped at 80000 and 30ish allies, fried out after 5 hours in it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOKsFu_xGiM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast