Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Finix's Unit Card Thread

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Finix's Unit Card Thread

I'll try to present you everything we've done so far.
    If you want to see the transition from Romе 2 to Attila, you can see the pages below.

Attila cards:

The Latin empire
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The Serbians
    [IMG][/IMG]

Second Bulgarian Kingdom
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Cumans / full roster:
    from left to right: Khan's Lancers, Steppe Lancers, Khan's Guard, Heavy HA, Light HA, Cuman Tribesmen, Horse Skirmishers, Cuman Noble Heavy Spearmen, Cuman Nomadic Spearmen, Cuman Archers, Cuman Javelinmen
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Kievan Rus'

from left to right: rus brigands, rus hunters, Dvor heavy archers /late/, Rus militia spearmen, Rus heavy spear militia /upgrade/, Rus heavy spearmen, Rus druzina,
    Rus guard axemen, Rus mounted druzina, Chernye Klobuki, Rus boyar sons, Rus senior druzina, Rus vitjaz[IMG][/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails modicons.jpg  
    Last edited by finix; June 19, 2015 at 05:39 PM.

Default Re: unit icons

hey, sorry for the late response. Those look pretty good man! Did you do those yourself or did you take them from existing manuscripts or something like that? Because if you made those yourself, it would be great if you could help us with that, so I can stop using Medieval 2 cards.

Hello, I have not painted myself .... these are original restored medieval illustrations. But I can draw them myself as strictly abide by this style. The only thing I need is a model from which to watch and which to simplify this style.

Hi, this is what I've done for England faction. All icons are based of 3d models.:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Knights

[IMG][/IMG]

Squires

[IMG][/IMG]

Castellans

[IMG][/IMG]

Sergeants

[IMG][/IMG]

Billmen

[IMG][/IMG]

Yeomen Archers

[IMG][/IMG]

Peasants

[IMG][/IMG]

Wonderful! Wonderful! Very stylistic and very medieval! I vote that we implement your work as soon as possible!

CREDO IN VNAM, SANCTAM, CATHOLICAM ET APOSTOLICAM ECCLESIAM

Those look really good man! Consider yourself part of the team! Unless anyone else objects,

Thanks guys, where and how can I see the models you have made to be able to make their icons?

Well you could download the mod and look at them there.

I know, just wanted to have an easier way

That's clearly what the mod needs. Good job Finix !
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Thoses units icons are wonderful finix ! Can't wait to see what you'll do next time !

Gentlemen, I present to you England. If I miss some unit...tell me
    [IMG][/IMG]

Those look absolutely fantastic, Finix! Your work will be extremely important for this mod! Just a single addition needs to be made for England: Daggermen. They were actually the last unit that you showed us in your initial post on England. I look forward to seeing your work for the other factions! Congratulations!

Warman, sticky this thread please so our new team member can better show off his work!!

CREDO IN VNAM, SANCTAM, CATHOLICAM ET APOSTOLICAM ECCLESIAM

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Finix, these UI cards are incredible! It will add so much flavor to the mod .
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Giovanni View Post
    Those look absolutely fantastic, Finix! Your work will be extremely important for this mod! Just a single addition needs to be made for England: Daggermen. They were actually the last unit that you showed us in your initial post on England. I look forward to seeing your work for the other factions! Congratulations!

Warman, sticky this thread please so our new team member can better show off his work!!
    Yes, I missed the Daggermen. I will make a new card for them, because are similar with Peasants . But as a gamer who will play with great pleasure this mod, I wonder why there are so weak units. Is not it better to have a more variety of powerful units?

Of course there will be changes in the future and already made it cards, so we're all happy with the final result.
    In my next post I will try to give you an idea how it will look ​​the Golden Horde

S.P.Q.R. Praetorian's Avatar Vicarius

Wow, these cards look friggin' awesome! The facial expression on the hunter is pretty funny.

The Golden Horde is here!

[IMG][/IMG]

Huuuurghh, what a fantastic artist you are! These last cards remind me of shogun 2 vanilla style and i must say you did it in a perfect way !

You're absolutely right look quite east. But that's the point. The cards can be compared to the region where it comes a particular faction. As the artists from the East is different from that of the West. But try to unite them in common style.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

I must say, finix, your unit cards are really beautiful and absolutely fit the mod's atmosphere. very well done. + rep

EDIT: after our first release I added a mongol spear unit, which actually looks like your unit card
    Last edited by Ltd.; September 29, 2014 at 02:39 PM.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast