Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speculation

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Speculation

In anticipation of the announcement on the 25th I have created a new section on the site. Speculate away.

Default Re: Speculation

Permissions test.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Speculation: Total War?

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Total War: Permissions?

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar View Post
    Speculation: Total War?
    Cough it up Garb! We know that you know and you know what they know and they know that you know. But they won't know that I also know. So please tell what you know.

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Cough it up Garb! We know that you know and you know what they know and they know that you know. But they won't know that I also know. So please tell what you know.
    You know, that's quite some no-no. And I know that you know that everyone knows that he knows this.:

Medieval III: Total War. The province system from Rome 2 will expanded upon. Instead of provinces, territories will be grouped into "fiefdoms" or "vassals" or something of that nature, and controlling all parts of a fiefdom will yield a huge bonus. So that conquest of territories focuses on gaining and holding all of a particular fiefdom or conversely depriving a foe of one territory of a fiefdom to prevent them gaining that bonus. Just spitballing.

I think it will be the Fall or Rome/Barbarian Invasion 2 and be called Total War: Sword of Attila.

Two words: Space Invaders.

They're doing a lot of hiring at the moment, so it could well be something bigger than a DLC.

Xanthippus of Sparta's Avatar Campidoctor

Ohhh my here we go!

Here's hoping for WWII: Total War.

I think the technology to make it is there, finally. And it would pretty much sell itself.

"The fact is that every war suffers a kind of progressive degradation with every month that it continues, because such things as individual liberty and a truthful press are not compatible with military efficency."
    -George Orwell, in Homage to Catalonia, 1938.

TWC II ?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthippus of Sparta View Post
    Ohhh my here we go!

I think the technology to make it is there, finally. And it would pretty much sell itself.
    It's not an era I'm particularly interested in and a TW game on it I would probably skip.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

I assume this forum would be deleted if the new Total War is a standalone expansion?

Why are you doing this now? It took you a few hours to create a R2 forum when it was announced.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Useless Member View Post
    I assume this forum would be deleted if the new Total War is a standalone expansion?
    Maybe I have information that you do not.

Why are you doing this now? It took you a few hours to create a R2 forum when it was announced.
    Actually it took longer than that, because we were not proactive enough with it. I changed things up this time.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    Maybe I have information that you do not.
    Why are you such a tyrant? Seriously though, do you really have special info on this? Just say yes or no. You don't have to spill the beans, but if you'll be generous you can.

Actually it took longer than that, because we were not proactive enough with it. I changed things up this time.
    Did CA bribe you?

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Useless Member View Post
    Why are you such a tyrant?
    Well as I stated in another thread...
    I have to have my entertainment too. Sometimes I get to do that by torturing members.

Seriously though, do you really have special info on this? Just say yes or no. You don't have to spill the beans, but if you'll be generous you can.
    Actually I do. I have a write up and other stuff I will share when the official announcement is made.

Did CA bribe you?
    Nahhh. We just learned some lessons from the Rome 2 announcement and launch. We (TWC Staff) wanted to get out in front of this one and change how we handle new stuff. So I made the forums early and created a forum that only CA can create threads in. I may actually move that forum to the TW News and Community Discussion section of the boards so they can use it for announcements on all their games. Or maybe create a Developers section. Still some conversation going on there among admins.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthippus of Sparta View Post
    Ohhh my here we go!

Honestly, it sounds pretty boring and I doubt you can keep TW games what they are past a certain point in time.

I think we'll get something about Rome dying next.

I have a write up and other stuff I will share when the official announcement is made.
    O rly? I know you took a lot of interest in Medieval 2. Made Docudemons, did a tutorial class in TWC university for mapping and wrote cool scripts like 12 seasons campaign and what not. So pretty sure it's medieval 3, otherwise it wouldn't have piqued your interest in this way.

Medieval period is clearly my favourite so i hope it's that, although i'm very skeptical about it.

I don't want any more Rome , I want medieval 3 but I'm afraid it'll be so dlc ridden it'll be like $120 to get less factions, units, and functionality for a shill price. Well whatever it is I will be following but hell no pre purchases 👽

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast