Page 6 of 506 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.3

Glorfindel spawns for Imladris some years into the campaign.

About 60 turns in now with Imladris and no CTDs etc., it's great fun! Thanks for doing a great job!

As far as bugs, nothing major really to report, I noticed that Elronds strat and battle map model is holding his sword backwards tho lol . And maybe this is already a known issue but there was no event when I took Eregion (I seem to remember reading there was supposed to be one?).
    Rohan is getting whipped, lost edoras at turn 25ish and is now down to two regions, but they are at war with both Isengard and Mordor.

Overall great experience so far, keep it up!

As above, there'll even be a little event message when Glorfindel appears to fight for you if you're playing as Imladris.

The reason Glorfindel isn't with you from the start is that his very expensive (and wonderfully OP!) bodyguard unit would kinda bankrupt you. But, yes, he'll appear so don't worry about that.

Glorfindel spawns for Imladris some years into the campaign.
    As above, there'll even be a little event message when Glorfindel appears to fight for you if you're playing as Imladris.

The reason Glorfindel isn't with you from the start is that his very expensive (and wonderfully OP!) bodyguard unit would kinda bankrupt you. But, yes, he'll appear so don't worry about that.
    Thank you two for the info. I should begin with Imladris

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Hello, I am a current leader of DaC, hopefully I can put your issue to rest.

Have you played vanilla TATW? You were banging on about cavalry ruining it for you in patch 2 as well but ever since vanilla cavalry BG's have been unbalanced and this is just a known issue. There is no solution; for every person who finds the game easy there is someone who finds it hard. If the cav BG are proving OP, then don't use them? Keep them out of battle or have captain's lead your armies?

We have massively adjusted the Dol Amroth BG in light of how strong they were and for Mordor, only the Nazgul get those powerful BG but without them then the Nazgul becoming nothing, arrow fodder or worse so a compromise always has to be reached.
    Thank you for the answer. I will stop using cavalery as general, except for one unit per stack (to catch the units who flee).

I dont understand why I am alone to complain about that, because I dont feel myself a good player, so I thouked this problem would touch everyone.

First off: congratulations on finishing the update, very excited to see it and looking forward to starting a new campaign!

Few things i noticed initially:
    - When going to Custom Battle and selecting units in my army, I cannot see the unit's morale in the cards. Every card says "See morale below", but because it is impossible to read the full unit text in the Custom Battle overview, it's no longer possible to see the morale there.
    - Whenever I go to Custom Battle, then go back to main menu and then try to open Third Age Campaign, the game exits. Same happens when I first open Third Age Campaign, then go back and try to open Custom Battle.
    - Saruman starts with a trait called 'TO BE DONE', which gives him +4 hitpoints and +10% movement points.
    ~~ Happiness lies in contentment ~~

Very good mod!

A little comment : snow bonuses are perhaps exagerated. An orc band (stats : 2/2) was able to defeat my gondor militia unit (8/10), with half of my own losses, the only explanation I see is snow. What would be an uruk hai unit in snow...able to defeat guards of the fountain?

Saitouakira's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by nilotic View Post
    About 60 turns in now with Imladris and no CTDs etc., it's great fun! Thanks for doing a great job!

As far as bugs, nothing major really to report, I noticed that Elronds strat and battle map model is holding his sword backwards tho lol . And maybe this is already a known issue but there was no event when I took Eregion (I seem to remember reading there was supposed to be one?).
    Rohan is getting whipped, lost edoras at turn 25ish and is now down to two regions, but they are at war with both Isengard and Mordor.

did you do anything special? my realm of imladris campaign made a ctd at turn 35

Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    1. When going to Custom Battle and selecting units in my army, I cannot see the unit's morale in the cards. Every card says "See morale below", but because it is impossible to read the full unit text in the Custom Battle overview, it's no longer possible to see the morale there.

2.Whenever I go to Custom Battle, then go back to main menu and then try to open Third Age Campaign, the game exits. Same happens when I first open Third Age Campaign, then go back and try to open Custom Battle.

3. Saruman starts with a trait called 'TO BE DONE', which gives him +4 hitpoints and +10% movement points.
    1. dont know about that

2. this is known vanilla bug, it will crash everytime, so you have to restart game, cant be fixed as far as I know

3. yes, thats a trait that will be done in the futureo (as what "TO BE DONE" means...)
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

When fighting a battle on the map at Bree, the city, everything inside it is white. Either a missing mesh or a missing texture. The walls, buildings, gate. Also the Noldor units that Lindon (Eldarinwe Swordsmen/Archers/Spearmen) can recruit have the same issue with their officer units. Pure white.

I noticed Bree had a different model on the map so I created a quick campaign to see if the battle map was different too. I used the Elves of Lindon to attack it and spawned in those Noldor units. Two bugs in one!

Hello DAC lovers!! I just downloaded the mod started with gondor and played my first battle..no crash(i hope it stays that way)..although i noticed something very very minor(its not even cosidered as a problem) but i just wanted to inform, when you start the game(from desktop) , when the little trailer starts it say "clouds are gathering over Europe" it would be better if it said "middle earth" , its very minor so i dont care at all..i am gonna play now and inform you of any problems i find..the map look pure gold!!!
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not THIS day.” -Aragorn

When playing as Mordor it seems impossible to get Sauron. The event popped up saying the Sauron had the ring and had spawned but he wasn't there. Next turn it said he had lost it.
    Other than that, I have not encountered any other bugs.

Huzzah! Patch 3 is out!!!

Thank you so much, DAC team, waited for this the whole summer, just instaled and tryed the game, works like a charm for now.

Just one question if anyone can awnser. How do I know if the baracks event is going to work, because in the previous version it didnt,
    and I dont want to play until turn 65 just to realise that its not going to happen. Is there any way to check?

I guess there is certain number of turn when you know that the barracks wont happen, I dont know what turn would that be, but I myself have never had the problem with barracks event. At the current campaign I got mine at the turn ~60. I am sure someone will get you the right answer...

Anyway, I must say this is really great release and a big step from the previous version. I am playing Isengard campaign and I have the one of the biggest fun time I`ve had with the TW game. I am at about turn 90 and still fighting Rohan (although they are down to 2 settlements atm). Their cavalry dreadstacks are giving me hard times but I fight with brave heart

Maybe the minor thing, but I think that evil forces have a kinda advantage here (Rhun, Dunland!, Enedwaith).. Dunland really suprise me when they are advancing to the heart of Eriador. Only saviors for the good factions it seems are Dwarves as they are resisting Angmar and Rhun at some point. NDunedain are doing kinda bad, Bree is standing it for them.

Anyway, dont take me wrong, these are not complaints, just my 2 cents for the things I would like to see. Id like to see response from players if you agree or disagree..

Also, I think that Isengard Berserkers should be much stronger then Uruk infantry... Uruk infantry has like 9attack 3charge 23def, berserkers have 10attack 7charge 10def... That means it is more efficient to recruit regular Uruk Infantry/warg riders and ignore Berserkers.. But in my opinion they should be much stronger... I mean their attack should be much higher. They were the strongest humanoid being, they could fight without hands or legs, they didnt feel pain, they were full of anger and hate so I think they should be improved.
    Arachir Galudirithon you deserve a gold medal for this. I hope you will continue your work with your team. THIS is best TW experience player can get. Keep it up!
    Last edited by Funeh; September 27, 2014 at 04:51 PM.

Hmm. Isengard is a Castle now? I guess it was to stunt their economy a bit but now Isengard doesn't have access to a good deal of it's buildings. No trade post, Troll Pit, high grade barracks, no diplomat/spy building or higher archery ranges by the looks of the building browser. That's kind of disappointing.
    Or does the barrack event unlock those for castles? At least the military buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    Hmm. Isengard is a Castle now? I guess it was to stunt their economy a bit but now Isengard doesn't have access to a good deal of it's buildings. No trade post, Troll Pit, high grade barracks, no diplomat/spy building or higher archery ranges by the looks of the building browser. That's kind of disappointing.
    Or does the barrack event unlock those for castles? At least the military buildings.
    yes it will all unlock after barracks event... Isengard is one of the best millitary settlements... You can have like 8 free upkeep units..
    It has trolls, drill barracks, best archery.. all you can think of... although it doesnt have spy/diplomat building...

Patch 0.3 keeps coming up as a file for men and not as a application when I download it. How do I fix this?

put .exe at the end of the file

Quote Originally Posted by YuilenZ01 View Post
    I have read around that you can no longer re-unite Gondor and Arnor in this, even that the Northern Dunedain aren't even able to reform themselves into Arnor. Does this mean that Gondor is unable to train its elite soldiers at Minas Ithil? I was pretty disappointed to find that out in 0.2, since a Gondor that defeats Mordor should have a resurgence in its old Numenorian golden days.
    A Gondor that defeats Mordor would, in fact, reform into the Reunited Kingdom and that is the plan in a far off future release. Gondor only loses one unit at the moment and given the vast number of new units in Dol Amroth that are available to Gondor of they own those lands, why not units all of Gondor by the sword...

Quote Originally Posted by nilotic View Post

There is normally a message that pops up and says Imladris reclaims Eregion but there is no more High Elven Kingdom events. Will have to look into Elronds hand problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    First off: congratulations on finishing the update, very excited to see it and looking forward to starting a new campaign!

- When going to Custom Battle and selecting units in my army, I cannot see the unit's morale in the cards. Every card says "See morale below", but because it is impossible to read the full unit text in the Custom Battle overview, it's no longer possible to see the morale there.
    - Whenever I go to Custom Battle, then go back to main menu and then try to open Third Age Campaign, the game exits. Same happens when I first open Third Age Campaign, then go back and try to open Custom Battle.
    - Saruman starts with a trait called 'TO BE DONE', which gives him +4 hitpoints and +10% movement points.
    Yes every card does say that because before every single unit in the game had 'excellent morale' had you not noticed that before? In the battle you will now be given an accurate morale information report.
    Yes as someone else said that is a bug from TATW not DaC.
    Please read the known bugs before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackader View Post
    Very good mod!

A little comment : snow bonuses are perhaps exagerated. An orc band (stats : 2/2) was able to defeat my gondor militia unit (8/10), with half of my own losses, the only explanation I see is snow. What would be an uruk hai unit in snow...able to defeat guards of the fountain?
    Snow doesn't affect the outcomes as much as you'd think, terrain, general's ability and morale will have made the changes I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Stein View Post
    When fighting a battle on the map at Bree, the city, everything inside it is white. Either a missing mesh or a missing texture. The walls, buildings, gate. Also the Noldor units that Lindon (Eldarinwe Swordsmen/Archers/Spearmen) can recruit have the same issue with their officer units. Pure white.

I noticed Bree had a different model on the map so I created a quick campaign to see if the battle map was different too. I used the Elves of Lindon to attack it and spawned in those Noldor units. Two bugs in one!
    Is that on the campaign map or just custom battle? The silver surfers of the units can be fixed. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by spin6789 View Post
    When playing as Mordor it seems impossible to get Sauron. The event popped up saying the Sauron had the ring and had spawned but he wasn't there. Next turn it said he had lost it.
    Other than that, I have not encountered any other bugs.
    Will have to look into that, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    Maybe the minor thing, but I think that evil forces have a kinda advantage here (Rhun, Dunland!, Enedwaith).. Dunland really suprise me when they are advancing to the heart of Eriador. Only saviors for the good factions it seems are Dwarves as they are resisting Angmar and Rhun at some point. NDunedain are doing kinda bad, Bree is standing it for them.

Also, I think that Isengard Berserkers should be much stronger then Uruk infantry... Uruk infantry has like 9attack 3charge 23def, berserkers have 10attack 7charge 10def... That means it is more efficient to recruit regular Uruk Infantry/warg riders and ignore Berserkers.. But in my opinion they should be much stronger... I mean their attack should be much higher. They were the strongest humanoid being, they could fight without hands or legs, they didnt feel pain, they were full of anger and hate so I think they should be improved.
    Arachir Galudirithon you deserve a gold medal for this. I hope you will continue your work with your team. THIS is best TW experience player can get. Keep it up!
    I hope to edit the Berserkers but I seem to recall that they had some other feature that made them worthwhile, like 2 hitpoints instead of the normal 1. Also Dunland's roster will be re-shuffled in future.

You are welcome, thank you all for the ongoing interest and reports.