Page 25 of 506 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334355075125 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.31 - First Hotfix Released

This is where Enedwaith's innate unpredictability is the major factor (due to them being classed as 'neutral' and thus having no bias at all towards either the good or evil factions). They're a total wildcard.

If they decide to go to war with Dunland then the two factions tend to pretty much stalemate each other. If they attack Isengard it can turn the Rohan-Isengard war completely on it's head (seen this happen many times when a winning Isengard suddenly found itself being hit from behind and losing all momentum). If, on the rare occasion, they end up allying with Dunland... watch out. I've seen the pair of them pretty much split Eriador between them and then Enedwaith turn to start pushing into Gondor.

I really like that aspect of Enedwaith.
    Last edited by Hummingbird; October 18, 2014 at 01:51 PM.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.31 - First Hotfix Released

is the amon sul bug fixed in the 0.31 hotfix?
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

I would also like this aspect of Enewaith if this faction was supposed to exist in fact (I don't question the existence of this faction but it seems to me that such peasants are not supposed to compete the professional armies of Gondor).

The balance of Dunland in campaign seems nice to me for the moment (they advance just a bit too fast in some campaigns, but anyway )

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

I like the random way of wich faction will play good at each gameplay. Right now Dorwinion and Shadow of Mirkwood are expanding and winning the war against their enemies and it's the first time ever it happens to me. Most times they are totally conquered early on. Enedwaith is in war with Gondor and took two settlements from them quickly, but now cant push any further, while Mordor didn't made any gain.

The only constant to me is that the elvens factions are ALWAYS very passive and the dwarven kinda too. I would like to see they trying more...

Late game the Dwarves are always steamrollers in my experience. So filthy rich.

Well the Enedwaith are pretty much facing the backwater, underdeveloped areas of Gondor and they don't often send support from the Mordor front. This means they're fighting Militia-Regular grade troops which would put them about on par. Even Enedwaiths Elite troops are only marginally better than most professionals. The second biggest thing they have going for them is if Dunland and the Elves stay out of it they can really focus their troops.

Does the Troll Breeder have any use for Isengard since it gives the same amount of units that it previous verions (Troll Cage) does? I suppose it will replenish trolls faster, I'm right?

I think it does since I played them not long ago.. But I would like to see a confirmation as I may be remembering it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrobras View Post
    Does the Troll Breeder have any use for Isengard since it gives the same amount of units that it previous verions (Troll Cage) does? I suppose it will replenish trolls faster, I'm right?
    If it's the same as the misty mountain orcs the breeder reduces the replenishment time by 5 turns.I'm guessing the final building does too.

I have found it's actually worth the money as it only costs 4000.

Hey guys, can somebody help me? I started a campaing as Gondor but I'm having CTD at the loading screen in some specifics maps. Right now I'm trying to assault Minas Morgul but the game always crash. I followed the instalation guide and I played until the arrival of the ents with Isengard (they wrecked me), I didn't have any problem until now. I'm attaching the system.log, it says something about missing traits.
    The only thing that I can think of is that the cleaner didn't work because the files that it was trying to erase never were there (I checked the paths manually, they weren't there), is that normal?

Anyways, I'm loving the mod so far, the map is GORGEUS, I spended a lot of time just watching at it, the world-event system is really cool and for some reason I feel the IA smarter and that big battles are more important now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Good Morning Arachir Galudirithon,

i want to say that your line in "known Bugs and extra information"

Orcs do not yet have raids on Lindon and Ered Luin.
    is not true. At turn 250 with Lindon Moria called an invasion on Mithlond.

cya

That is not a raid, nor what is meant by Orc raids...

Quote Originally Posted by Likepain1988 View Post
    Good Morning Arachir Galudirithon,

i want to say that your line in "known Bugs and extra information"

is not true. At turn 250 with Lindon Moria called an invasion on Mithlond.

cya

He doesn't talk about an invasion but about some scripted orcs raids to make the EredLuin and Lindon campaigns more dynamic for the player. There is not enough action on that side of the map, and the idea is to make some orcs raids on the example of the Corsairs raids

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    I will have to look into that, very good catch.

They are still there, perhaps you aren't powerful enough yet.

@Gunwolf
    Make sure you have disabled the UAC and deleted your virtual store entry.
    I have rechecked, the event messages for your own faction are actually off. Playing as Gondor, no messages pops out when you reclaim south Ithilian, or any of your cities are under attack (North Ithilian for example). Or when you retake Pelargir or West Esgeliath.
    Same for realm of Imladris. No messages when you claim Ost-in-Edhil. I'm on 12 regions now, no messages saying that Realm of Imladris is on the rise as it was in previous patch.

I have noticed another bug for Orcs of the Misty Mountains. In their diplomacy priorities they always have "peace" during the entire game. When you play for a while you can figure out that its very easy to make money out of them. I attack and immediately ask for peace and for 16,000 gold. They happily accept. And you can do it every turn until they become bankrupt. Wait when they get money again and do the same. Its somewhat cheating, but within game rules. Would be nice to fix this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    I am having trouble getting battle dread as Bree. Usually when I attack while greatly outnumbering the enemy I get battle dread for my generals but since the patch I have been getting chivalry, at least when attacking brigands. My son keeps getting fair fighter no matter what he does. What a disappointment. Do I have to mod the files to change this?
    First of all, make sure you have run the cleaner of course otherwise I hope to look into the traits in future. In the mean time, it will need modding yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by odys View Post
    Hello,

I was playing my Imladris campaign and all were works fine till today. I saved yesterday my games and today I was unable to load them. Do not work all saves of that campaign - normal save, autosave and quicksave. If you would find some time to test them and tell me how to fix the problem I will be grateful.

Please find below my saves.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...5/Imladris.sav
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...5/Autosave.sav
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../Quicksave.sav

I want also to add that these saves are 0.30. After installation of 0.31 still do not work.
    In 0.30 version I encountered strange issue. The invasion on Minas Tirith was called in 13th turn and the city was conquered by Isengard some turn later. Gondor reclaimed that city later but only for 10-20 turns(Mordor made very quick progress in conquering Gondor). But I see in change log of 0.31 that Gondor was improved so mainly quick invasion(two turns before 15) is issue to report.
    There is a chance that the problem you are having may well of been fixed by the hotfix but the hotifix does require a new campaign. I would heavily suggest starting again after having installed the hotfix and running the cleaner. If the problem persists, then report back and I will take a thorough look.

Quote Originally Posted by X MEN View Post
    I just wanna say that i find very dificulty to play as Rohan....i mean Isengard having those Trolls just make isengard overpowerd
    The trolls you face at the very beginning are a one off, it will then take Isengard the best part of 100 turns to retrain or recruit them. Making it hard at the start for Rohan is good; in vanilla I beat Isengard in the two rohan campaigns I played in the first 20 turns both times.

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    is the amon sul bug fixed in the 0.31 hotfix?
    It should be, I tested it before I released the hotfix and it did delete the required file so it should work. If it doesn't then the instructions are in the OP still.

I like the random way of wich faction will play good at each gameplay. Right now Dorwinion and Shadow of Mirkwood are expanding and winning the war against their enemies and it's the first time ever it happens to me. Most times they are totally conquered early on. Enedwaith is in war with Gondor and took two settlements from them quickly, but now cant push any further, while Mordor didn't made any gain.

The only constant to me is that the elvens factions are ALWAYS very passive and the dwarven kinda too. I would like to see they trying more...
    The elves being passive is good for two reasons:
    1) If they were as active as everyone else, then they would absolutely destroy every faction in the game every single time. They are outmatched when their full power is brought to bear.
    2) The elves were passive, both Thranduil and Galadriel sought to defend only their borders and Imladris was down to a handful of High Elves, Mithlond had a few elves still in habitation but nothing they could form an army with.
    Consider the elves as barriers, very strong barriers who split up the map.

As others have said, it allows you to train the trolls more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious_ View Post
    I have rechecked, the event messages for your own faction are actually off. Playing as Gondor, no messages pops out when you reclaim south Ithilian, or any of your cities are under attack (North Ithilian for example). Or when you retake Pelargir or West Esgeliath.
    Same for realm of Imladris. No messages when you claim Ost-in-Edhil. I'm on 12 regions now, no messages saying that Realm of Imladris is on the rise as it was in previous patch.
    Call me crazy, but do you need a message telling you you are all powerful? Personally I think them being for the AI only is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious_ View Post
    I have noticed another bug for Orcs of the Misty Mountains. In their diplomacy priorities they always have "peace" during the entire game. When you play for a while you can figure out that its very easy to make money out of them. I attack and immediately ask for peace and for 16,000 gold. They happily accept. And you can do it every turn until they become bankrupt. Wait when they get money again and do the same. Its somewhat cheating, but within game rules. Would be nice to fix this in the future.
    That is a vanilla and med2 bug so it is unlikely to be fixed sorry. I can look into it but don't hold your breath, sorry.

Call me crazy, but do you need a message telling you you are all powerful?
    Yes.

IAmNotShazam then try to live with it... It is the least important bug/defect of this release. No one really cares if you get one msg that you are powerfull. As arachir said, its more important that you get the notification about the AI nation so you can focus on them I guess.

You still have the end turn report to know your position compare to other factions

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

This has probably been reported , but i'm gonna type it anyway: viewing the model for Moria with the fog of war on (no vision of it) , the city looks like Minas Tirith.

Edit #1:Also North Tharbad when playing as the Northedain can't train Local Militia, yet ST can train them.
    Edit #2:I think it would be a good idea to add the Farmhand pikemen to the Northedain roster - the Dunedain recruiting local men to help them in the fight against the evil in Eriador seems legit to me and the said pikemen are not a strong unit so they won't be a big boost but a necessary addition to the roster IMO.
    And for pete's sake just make those Arthedain Royal Guard with replenishment rate of 1 turn and i'll give you all my stashed cookies.
    Last edited by ExtremeBG; October 19, 2014 at 04:07 PM.

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

The elves being passive is good for two reasons:
    1) If they were as active as everyone else, then they would absolutely destroy every faction in the game every single time. They are outmatched when their full power is brought to bear.
    2) The elves were passive, both Thranduil and Galadriel sought to defend only their borders and Imladris was down to a handful of High Elves, Mithlond had a few elves still in habitation but nothing they could form an army with.
    Consider the elves as barriers, very strong barriers who split up the map.
    Can they at least be a little less passive? They never seen to take any settlement, even the ones from their enemies just next door. It's like they are happily watching the evil grow and are ok with it. They could at least after, like, X turns decide to march to war. Maybe an event like "The Elves March Against Evil".