Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    ^ Oh damn that's right didn't see it in unit description but maybe I wasn't paying attention thanks for reply. That kinda sucks for Bree though no good units out of the capital and out of Dunedain regions but that's just a challenge to overcome I guess. Not all nations or regions have a professional military as you well know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Bread Maker View Post
    I haven't played Bree properly since my first time (as you could remember from my questioning) and I recall training Gate Keepers from Tharbad.
    EDIT: I am incorrect and Jarl is right, The Breeland Elites are now available everywhere. I don't remember making that change though.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Version 0.52 Released

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Happycupcake View Post
    I've mostly played the human and elf factions, and have now gotten into trying out the dwarves more. It strikes me that while the infantry is amazing (especially bodyguards in the early game, absolute monsters), the cavalry and archers are so poor comparatively that they are barely worth using (other than running after routing troops ofc). Combined with dwarves being quite slow on the battlemap the lack of maneuvrability makes every battle the same, walk up to the enemy with infantry line->beat them because dwarves are beasts->enemy routs->game over. With human and elves the battles are more diverse and enjoyable since I can use more strategy, focus specific units with archers, cavalry-strikes, switch targets with my infantry to break enemy lines etc. Maybe some dwarf-enthusiast here has some advice to share?

Also regarding dwarf siege weapons who are supposed to be the best in-game. Sure the balista is good, but my catapults shoots in a very high arch compared to other factions catapults. This makes it worse since it doesn't hit the enemies as efficiently as other catapults, is this intended?

Update and conclusion after some serious orc extermination in the misty mountains:
    1. Grapeshot.
    2. Grapeshot.
    3. ????
    4. Profit.

Ended up having 6 catapults and 2 ballista in my main "push-through"-army, can strongly recommend if you want to play with a huge grin on your face.

hi to all! I just wanna ask one question...who made changes with isen and saruman and one ring?? i was going so well..most of the map was mine and then i get the one ring..so i was really happy. next 10 turns to get it to isen I couldn't wait...and when saruman get it it was nightmare-I am in war with everyone xD so awesome!! best campaign ever !!!! ty ppl

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    The Breeland Elites are now available everywhere. I don't remember making that change though.
    Gate Keepers are available in small numbers, exactly one per towno, so that their overall influence compared to other units is limited, as it should be.

For last couple of years i'm playing TATW and since beginning of 2015 D&C. Fought in more than 3000 battles in 10 to 15 different campaigns. So I understand why certain factions are made in certain way and why you're limiting certain weapons. Bree campaign is interesting while fighting Enedwaith and Dunland, and to certain degree against Isengard. After that not so much ...

What it comes down it's how fun is some faction in general. I think that Bree misses Watchmen spearmen and cavalry. In reality it's easier to train and equip spearmen than swordsmen or axemen. Limiting Greenway Guards to few territories is questionable in current configuration. Nothing special about them. After conquering 20 to 30 territories Bree won't be missing money and men power. Watchmen spearmen and cavalry could be based on bree_bodyguards, and therefore generals bodyguards then could bee upgraded with Merchant cavalry plate armor over existing skin. Greenway Guards and Sentries can be further upgraded in to elite unit with Numenorean plate armor from Gondor, as they aren't widely available.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    I feel for you man, sounds like a rare but frustrating bug. I'm not an expert but was wondering whether all the files uploaded ok ? did you run the patch in Admin mode, might help? Also remember the patxhes need to downloaded into the - Med2 \ mods \ Third_Age_3 (\data) directory, not Med 2 (\data) directory. Apart from that, I cannot help you with your bug, maybe someone else ?

After thought, what OS are you using ? and comp stats ?
    Windows 10, 6GB of Ram, Intel Core i5 ( Somewhere around 2.7 - 3.4 ghz ) Nvidia gtx 750. So I don't see where my specs would come into this equation. but It doesn't look like I will ever get a answer to my problem by a mod :/ So I'm stuck playing the old beta. The sad fact is I know that I am not the only person with this problem who hasn't got a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerblades559 View Post
    Windows 10, 6GB of Ram, Intel Core i5 ( Somewhere around 2.7 - 3.4 ghz ) Nvidia gtx 750. So I don't see where my specs would come into this equation. but It doesn't look like I will ever get a answer to my problem by a mod :/ So I'm stuck playing the old beta. The sad fact is I know that I am not the only person with this problem who hasn't got a fix.
    Did you follow every single installation guideline to the absolute letter? Don't lie to me now boy Your bug is just that it crashes every so often right?

Hey guys, I'm playing as Erebor at turn ~250. After attacking and auto finishing a fight at the black gate my game crashes.

I use the current version of DoC (Steam) and Win7 and I had no problems so far.

Any ideas to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Felsbroeckchen View Post
    Hey guys, I'm playing as Erebor at turn ~250. After attacking and auto finishing a fight at the black gate my game crashes.

I use the current version of DoC (Steam) and Win7 and I had no problems so far.
    Any ideas to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
    try deleting those two files
    descr_geography_new.txt and descr_geography_new.db in your third age 3 folder
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hi all, having a strange crash. During my Lothlorien campaign the game just stops working when a Harad invasion attacks my capital. I have tried rallying out but the same thing happens. I dont get a 'med has stopped working' error the ring just spins and spins. I have update to 5.2 and everything else works well. If anyone could help it would be

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    try deleting those two files
    descr_geography_new.txt and descr_geography_new.db in your third age 3 folder
    greetings atthias
    Hey atthias, thanks for you fast reply. There are no descr_geography_new.txt and descr_geography_new.db files. A lots of different descr but not the mentioned.

Greetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pilgrim View Post
    Hi all, having a strange crash. During my Lothlorien campaign the game just stops working when a Harad invasion attacks my capital. I have tried rallying out but the same thing happens. I dont get a 'med has stopped working' error the ring just spins and spins. I have update to 5.2 and everything else works well. If anyone could help it would be
    your game does not actually crash, it just slows down to an abysmal speed. It took my game almost 2 minutes to register that i sallied from Caras Galadhon. I dont know if this is just between Lorien and Harad, or Harad in general, but the first time i ever saw something like this in DaC. So basically stand up, have a drink, and check back in a minute or 2, and it should work. Do keep that in mind that this will happen to every Harad stack you see, so it might get tenious after 10 battles.

Thanks for the reply Lightlylol.... will give it a blast now.

Installed a fresh Third age total war Part 1 of 2 part 2 of 2, Patch 3.2. Installed DaC in adminstrator part 1 of 3 part 2 of 3 part 3 of 3 and installed the patch 0.52 Also in administrator. Yes it is

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerblades559 View Post
    Installed a fresh Third age total war Part 1 of 2 part 2 of 2, Patch 3.2. Installed DaC in administrator part 1 of 3 part 2 of 3 part 3 of 3 and installed the patch 0.52 Also in administrator. Yes it is
    If that is your list then I noticed you have not Disabled UAC monitoring for your medieval 2 build nor have you listed that you have deleted the virtual store. Have you done both of those things? Medieval 2 was created before UAC even existed, as such UAC blocks quite a lot of processes from running in the game. Ergo the game crashes. As we go further and further away from Windows XP this disabling feature becomes more important.

This may seem like condescending advice but for some it is advice; you will have to start a new campaign after you reinstall everything, disable UAC and delete the VirtualStore.

Is there anyway to unite and become Arnor when playing as the Dunedain?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Nope.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hey guys maybe it's just me, but schouldn't the names and unit descriptions of the Azaghâl's Tomb Protectors and Guardians of Belegost of Ered Luin's roster be switched in game? Their look corresponds more with the other one's description than with their own it seems to me...

TotalWarJunkie's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by IBSXYPNTS View Post
    ALL HAIL THE WHITE LORD OF MORDOR! GLORFINDEL! haha I havent tried many factions yet, only beat Kazad dum, Lindon, and Dorwinion so far. Working on Lorien and Harad. Then I was thinking of trying Khand and Mirkwood.

Im actually having an interesting game as Lorien. Every nvasion so far has been on Amon Lanc and my lorien capital. I have killed tens of thousands of enemies and drawn off alot of enemy forces thereby helping my allies. But I am on turn 165+ and only have 8 regions. I play as if Khamul cursed Haldirs family after he killed him and took Dol Guldur since all of Haldirs adopted and born children are dead with the exception of his daughter and her son. Makes it fun to ass the rp aspect in a bit.
    I'm currently playing Lorien as well, on H/H.

I'm at turn 160 right now. I've restored Amon Lanc, taken all of Southern Mirkwood, and pushed the Shadow of Mirkwood out into the Brown Lands and Burnt Wastes. I've been the target for 3/4 of the invasions, with the other being for Edoras. I've just started border wars with Rhun (who's defeated Dorwinion), Mordor (who's coming up from the Dead Marshes and Emyn Muil), and the remnants of Dol Guldur's realm.

Thanks to over-productive Elves, I'm suffering a surplus of Generals. I created a General only army to raid my enemies lands, not caring (and secretly hoping) that some occasionally die. They also build towers ( I FREAKING LOVE TOWERS, seriously), and distract armies so I can move forces around as needed.

State of the World:

Thranduil: Secured Northern Mirkwood, fighting Rhun. I declined Elven Alliance for this playthrough.
    Erebor: Betrayed Dale around turn 100, took Dale.
    Dale: Caught between Erebor and Rhun, they are fading.
    Dorwinion: Eradicated around turn 125.
    Anduin: Started strong, now losing to Orcs of the Misty Mountains fast. Finally allied with me, I will support them and reclaim their lands before pushing into Mordor so that I don't have enemies on all sides.
    Khazad-Dum: Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work we go *whistling*
    Imladris: Quiet. They don't want alliance with me.
    Northern Dunedain: Helped destroy Angmar with Bree, Ered Luin.
    Bree: Pushing into Dunland. Restored the Barrows recently (I've never seen that before, will have to give it a try one day)
    Mithlond: Quiet.
    Ered Luin: Destroyed Angmar, now quiet.
    Enedwaith: Chose good side, beat up Dunland and Isengard a bit.
    Rohan: Was fine until invasion of Edoras, slowly giving up ground ever since. I'll be there to help soon.
    Gondor: Lost Anorien, Ithilien, Calenhad, Cair Andros, East Osgiliath, as expected. Other than that, holding strong even now.
    Dol Amroth: Holding off Harad for now.

Angmar: Eradicated around turn 110.
    Misty Mountain Orcs: Wasting Anduin.
    Dunland: Nearly gone.
    Isengard: Mostly quiet. Having trouble dealing with Rohan and Enedwaith.
    Rhun: Took out Dorwinion, fighting Dale, Erebor, Thranduil and me.
    Mordor: Trying to push into Gondor further, getting stopped. Now dealing with Haldir and his best troops. They don't like that.
    Mirkwood: Down to two small settlements in the Brown Lands area. No threat. All Nazgul slain permanently. I will finish them off soon and give their lands to Dale and Thranduil, keep my border separated from Rhun for now.
    Harad: Doing very well, but struggling to cross river against Dol Amroth's mighty forces.
    Umbar: Tried invading a couple times. Not sure how it went. Need updated map info for Gondor and Mithlond. Haven't seen any "Umbar is successful" messages yet.
    Khand: Nothing, of course.
    "Favente Deo Supero" - By God's favour I Conquer

TotalWarJunkie's Avatar Civis

Factions I've completed in DaC so far (since version 4.0 or thereabouts):

Thranduil
    Dol Amroth
    Dorwinion
    Erebor
    Lorien (in progress, nearly done)

Factions I'd like to try next:

Isengard
    N Dunedain (really want to try Aragorn RPG)
    Gondor
    Anduin (Beorn FTW)
    Last edited by TotalWarJunkie; December 06, 2015 at 04:47 PM. Reason: fixed version number
    "Favente Deo Supero" - By God's favour I Conquer

As of Current mod state, is the any option to play as Khazad-dum? Via cheat or "tips". Thank you.