Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Version 0.51 Released

When I produce my second diplomat as Imladris he always seems to be named Glorfindel, and now Elrohir has just had a kid who is also named Glorfindel.
    Its turn 22 so Glorfindel hasn't returned but he now returns to a plague of usurpers, i've never seen this before in previous builds.

Jarl Bread Maker's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by insolent1 View Post
    When I produce my second diplomat as Imladris he always seems to be named Glorfindel, and now Elrohir has just had a kid who is also named Glorfindel.
    Its turn 22 so Glorfindel hasn't returned but he now returns to a plague of usurpers, i've never seen this before in previous builds.
    Only one word :Random.
    RNGesus got bored so he played a prank on you, play Scotland in normal Med 2 and see how many times some of the names appear.
    Jarl Bread Maker | Gamer | Streamer | Bread Maker | Tester | New Zealander
    Twitter for streams and other thingys https://twitter.com/JarlBreadMaker
    Catch Streams here https://www.twitch.tv/jarlbreadmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Bread Maker View Post
    Only one word :Random.
    RNGesus got bored so he played a prank on you, play Scotland in normal Med 2 and see how many times some of the names appear.
    Its not really random as no matter what I do I always get a diplomat named Glorfindel, I hold off a few turns before producing the diplomat or if I recruit it in a different province its always Glorfindel.
    When I recruit the diplomat and play a few turns the next kid produced is always named Elros but if I don't recruit the diplomat the next kid produced is named Glorfindel.
    In all my previous games I have never seen a diplomat or general named Glorfindel that wasn't the real deal.

Odd, when I was testing to see if the Gwaith-i-Mirdain offer and Smiths of Eregion would come up before the barracks event I recruited a bunch of diplomats and the twins had 5 kids between them. None were named Glorfindel, though I did get a Captain Glorfindel at one point.

is it an easy thing for me to do to move cair andros to the western shore and would that fix the issue?

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

What you could do is make the river at one side of Cair Andros a vanilla M2TW river, instead of the actual water, that may fix it, tho requires editing the campaign map ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Odd, when I was testing to see if the Gwaith-i-Mirdain offer and Smiths of Eregion would come up before the barracks event I recruited a bunch of diplomats and the twins had 5 kids between them. None were named Glorfindel, though I did get a Captain Glorfindel at one point.
    Its a weird one alright, a captain isn't a problem as these are not permanent.

You should have no problem getting the gwaith-i-mirdain, as all you need to do is build the armourer line everywhere and have 20k at start of turn for the offer, the smiths are not tied to the barrack event.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    What you could do is make the river at one side of Cair Andros a vanilla M2TW river, instead of the actual water, that may fix it, tho requires editing the campaign map ofcourse.
    how hard would it be to learn how to do that?

edit: what do you mean actual water?
    Last edited by faramirofgondor; August 17, 2015 at 02:00 PM.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.3

i am having trouble installing DaC v-5.0, when i go to install any parts of the mod it says that windows cannot access specific device, path,or file. can anyone help me?

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.3

0.5 sorry

Is there any way to get elven generals when playing for Dorwinion?

No, you just get Nurwe at the start and he's it.

Tar-Falassion's Avatar Tiro

That's too bad, it's a script that would've make Dorwinion's choice even better.

(but the actual question is: is is impossible, or is it by choice that you only have Human generals ?)

Getting an unspecified error CTD on turn 114/115 between turns. It auto-saves, but CTDs again. Game over for me. I'd post the error log, but I don't know how. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jarl Bread Maker's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Aringtoit View Post
    Getting an unspecified error CTD on turn 114/115 between turns. It auto-saves, but CTDs again. Game over for me. I'd post the error log, but I don't know how. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Which faction's turn is it when the crash occurs?
    Jarl Bread Maker | Gamer | Streamer | Bread Maker | Tester | New Zealander
    Twitter for streams and other thingys https://twitter.com/JarlBreadMaker
    Catch Streams here https://www.twitch.tv/jarlbreadmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Bread Maker View Post
    Which faction's turn is it when the crash occurs?
    I'm playing as the ND and it crashes after Ered Luin comes up. One of their diplomats has been hanging out at Cameth Brin, which I've taken, for about 10 turns. As soon as they show the little fella trying to bribe (or whatever it is he's doing) my general, it crashes. Haven't had much time to play, but this is the 1st problem I've encountered.

I have the same problem too. Had chosen Northern Dunedain, later Gondor. At year 2996 it crashed. ND save- game is not playable anymore. Gondor runs again, but crashed later in battle.

Senator

Ok just downlaoded and started playing 0.51.But I have a question.
    Why do the Dol Amroth Man at arms have 14 armor(with Upgrades) and the Gondor Infantry only 11(also with Upgrades) despite them having MORE armor I could undestand the 1 more attack and defense skill(even if it is weird).
    Same for the Uruk-hai ,also 14 armor(w.U.) despite having no leg armor and mail loincloths?I mean it's not like these 2 need buffs they are already good units.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

I have a ctd at turn 117 with Imladris. I end my turn and at the round of Rhun it crashes everytime, so it is unplayable.... damn and i was on good way... how can i upload my savegame or send you the ctd folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    Ok just downlaoded and started playing 0.51.But I have a question.
    Why do the Dol Amroth Man at arms have 14 armor(with Upgrades) and the Gondor Infantry only 11(also with Upgrades) despite them having MORE armor I could undestand the 1 more attack and defense skill(even if it is weird).
    Same for the Uruk-hai ,also 14 armor(w.U.) despite having no leg armor and mail loincloths?I mean it's not like these 2 need buffs they are already good units.
    Unit stats are not based solely on appearance.

It's occasionally used as a rough guide to avoid 'cloned' units but there's a tier structure in place that's followed pretty strictly. Uruk-Hai Infantry/Pikemen for example are Tier 3 units so they're going to have rather high stats. Dol Amroth's units tend to be a bit stronger than Gondor's to offset their higher cost, slower replenishment and much, much more difficult starting location.
    Last edited by Hummingbird; August 17, 2015 at 07:40 PM.