Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Vifarc View Post
    I think I have a bug: Since about 12 turns I have the 'A nazgul returned to Mordor' message, every turn. Or Mordor goes so really bad? (that's Harad who is invading, in good way of soon destroying Gondor, but I can't care against as I already have Mordor and Saruman fronts)
    I don't think it made the 'bug': after turns that I had killed Sauron bringing the Ring, the ring was seen in Umbar (ring quest seems going like before).
    Could it be the same bug as the "Dorwinion resplendant" bug that sometimes occurs in a campain ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    The ring will crash some games and not others. Those of you who it crashes for should rejoice! as it also crashes for me thus I have remedied this and fixed it. I found what made it crash and I fixed it and tested it. The bad news is that this is not save-game compatible. There is literally nothing you can do about it. I am sorry. You can 'surrender_regions england' but this will not destroy them like it would anyone else. They would most likely take back most of their regions. It will give you a head start on wiping out every trace of them though.
    Hi, I know this is an old post, but I'm having a different sort of crash with destroying the Ring where it will plays the movie, crash, then the window says it's a "runtime" issue. Does your fix help with this?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    Hi, I know this is an old post, but I'm having a different sort of crash with destroying the Ring where it will plays the movie, crash, then the window says it's a "runtime" issue. Does your fix help with this?
    That fix is the ultimate issue solver as it will turn all Mordor regions into rebel Provinces and wipe the faction out.

But there has been another "fix" for this issue suggested some months ago on this forum for people that are experiencing it:

Use "toggle_fow" on the turn before the ring gets destroyed (and the video plays). If I remember correctly that helped most of the people with this issue. I guess it´s worth to give it a try, at least.
    - proud Divide & Conquer Testing Council member __ __

And before you ask; I´m very confident that version 1.1 will be released before this millenium is over.

I've got a few questions.

1. As Dunland, on the first turn, it says something about uniting the clans. I saw something that looked like settlement names. Any ideas?
    2. Is it possible to rebuild the Ruined Bridge at Tharbad?
    3. How does population work in TATW? It seems that cities and castles tier up slower.
    4. What's the fastest way to get units? I've read somewhere that higher tier barracks and stuff makes the cooldown go down a bit, but it still stays at 9 turns for a unit for Clan Spearmen.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Welcome to TWC

1. Well, if you would read the Message you got you would seen: "In order to fully claim dominion over all of Enedwaith the clans of Lugiu, Maolfinn, Maolrunaidh, Cairill, Saralainn, Eryn Vorn and Caladir must be conquered. .... We also must bring the banners of Dunland to the Drúedain of Parth Iaur, Drúwaith Iaur and the Isen Bay. With all the clans and peoples under our banner, Enedwaith will truly be united and we can march forth with ever greater power; Dunland will Rise!"

2. Some good factions, yes, but Dunland don't want to, since the ruin provide a Happiness bonus (but a penalty to good factions, and vice versa)

3. Certainly, in TATW and its submods pop growth is overall much lower (we modders always encourage folks to begin with TATW to get used to the mechanics before go on to the submods just because there are much to learn that the submods only tweak or often makes even harder, hehe)

4. Better buildings as a rule improve replenishment yes, once a building is constructed it can reset the replenishment pool, but if the amount of turns remaining for a new unit to becoem avilable do not increase with each turn then your game is bugged.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

What he said ^. Clan Spearmen however are a militia unit (they come from the Farms; they don't need actual military buildings) so their replenishment rate won't speed up from building better barracks structures. This is a little measure to discourage the AI from bankrupting itself spamming hoards of weak militia units before it can build real military structures.
    Last edited by Hummingbird; May 31, 2016 at 05:34 PM.

So let's say I recruit a Dunlending Warband or Berserkers, will that take a shorter time to replenish than a Clan Spearmen?

Let's see... according to the EDB Clan Spearmen and Axemen have 0.13 and Dunlending Warband and Berserkers have 0.12 from the level 1+2 barracks and 0.14 from the level 3. So the militia replenish slightly quicker at first then later in the game slightly slower.

Ultimately though you should always go for the units from the actual barracks when possible. Militia units, for the most part, are basically just cannon fodder.

Ok... This is a list of ND silver units (missing textures):
    Dorwinion Officer
    Khand Banner Carrier
    Imladris Officer
    Variag Warriors
    Dale Swordmasters
    Khand Marauders (horses)
    Khand Mounted Banner Carrier (horse and unit)
    Variag Archers (horses)

I hope this list will help you fix these little bugs
    Last edited by dwarfDwalin; May 31, 2016 at 11:56 PM.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

I have a battle which always CTD: I want to do a hit&run, and each time (5 tries) it CTD when ennemy is near my lines of units (before I tell them to retreat).
    I have to make, manually, this battle. So maybe my campaign is ended. Or I must go back to past turns in hope not retrieving this doomed battle.

Maybe, I don't think, it's related to 'Nazgul returned' message bug? as there is a nazgul in command, and it seems the CTD is when he's about to charge.

edit: Oh, I will try that:
    "If you experience a battle crash upon installing 0.5, head to ...Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data and delete the 'descr_geography_new.txt' file."
    edit2: No, there is not, but descr_geography_new.db . Is that it?
    Last edited by Vifarc; June 01, 2016 at 08:00 AM.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    What he said ^. Clan Spearmen however are a militia unit (they come from the Farms; they don't need actual military buildings) so their replenishment rate won't speed up from building better barracks structures. This is a little measure to discourage the AI from bankrupting itself spamming hoards of weak militia units before it can build real military structures.
    I think the only exception in this is Dale as they seem to get a higher replenishment rate for the higher tier farm buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vifarc View Post
    edit2: No, there is not, but descr_geography_new.db . Is that it?

Yes, you have to delete both "descr_geo" files and "map.rwm" to make sure the second is newly set up when starting a new campaign.
    Last edited by FengrAvUlver; June 01, 2016 at 06:39 AM.

And before you ask; I´m very confident that version 1.1 will be released before this millenium is over.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by FengrAvUlver View Post
    delete both "descr_geo" files and "map.rwm"
    Thanks it worked.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

probably already talked about, but when I play with HE and somebody attack Imladris, isnt 8 units of Elf volunteers far too much- I mean I could send them to take out the enemy on their own and not even bother using actual garrion. Likes of elven volunteers dying should- unlike with regular units- actually drop yhe population of town/city they are helping to defend

Jarl Bread Maker's Avatar Civis

I really from my older Imladris games don't recall 8 units being spawned. I recall it being more like 4.
    Jarl Bread Maker | Gamer | Streamer | Bread Maker | Tester | New Zealander
    Twitter for streams and other thingys https://twitter.com/JarlBreadMaker
    Catch Streams here https://www.twitch.tv/jarlbreadmaker

That fix is the ultimate issue solver as it will turn all Mordor regions into rebel Provinces and wipe the faction out.

But there has been another "fix" for this issue suggested some months ago on this forum for people that are experiencing it:

Use "toggle_fow" on the turn before the ring gets destroyed (and the video plays). If I remember correctly that helped most of the people with this issue. I guess it´s worth to give it a try, at least.
    Unfortunately I have to spread some rep before I give it to you again

Thank you for the suggestion, but what are the details of the fix you mentioned in the beginning, the "surrender factions"? Because Mordor stays well enough alive after that.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion, but what are the details of the fix you mentioned in the beginning, the "surrender factions"? Because Mordor stays well enough alive after that.

Thanks for rating my posts that high.

You are right with Mordor here, of course. I simply didn´t think of DaC´s backend and its ONLY way to destroy Mordor, in the first place. My fault...

But still Mordor will lose all of their settlements (if you use "surrender_regions england" here) and be having armies standing next to them while the rebel faction will celebrate on this kind of "divine intervention ". And that clearly isn´t even close to what has been set up for Mordor´s demise within DaC. In fact that might even cause more unforseeable issues afterwards...or none and in any way this is more like "behaving like bull in a china shop" rather than a simply fixing the issue.

In my eyes that feels more like a "cheat" than a "fix". Of course you´re free to build your own opinion on such things.

Anyway, I would really like to know if this has helped to get past the video without crashing, so did it? And what about the "toggle_fow" hint?
    Last edited by FengrAvUlver; June 01, 2016 at 06:42 AM.

Lemphibar's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Bread Maker View Post
    I really from my older Imladris games don't recall 8 units being spawned. I recall it being more like 4.
    I have run into a maybe bug regarding this. If I am undersiege and I save and exit then reload my garrison sometimes doubles. It doesn't everytime but mostly I've seen it with Rohan Lorien Imladris. Mayhaps ND but I don't remember a specific instance like the others.

Thanks for rating my posts that high.

You are right with Mordor here, of course. I simply didn´t think of DaC´s backend and its ONLY way to destroy Mordor, in the first place. My fault...

But still Mordor will lose all of their settlements (if you use "surrender_regions england" here) and be having armies standing next to them while the rebel faction will celebrate on this kind of "divine intervention ". And that clearly isn´t even close to what has been set up for Mordor´s demise within DaC. In fact that might even cause more unforseeable issues afterwards...or none and in any way this is more like "behaving like bull in a china shop" rather than a simply fixing the issue.

In my eyes that feels more like a "cheat" than a "fix". Of course you´re free to build your own opinion on such things.

Anyway, I would really like to know if this has helped to get past the video without crashing, so did it? And what about the "toggle_fow" hint?
    Well the whole point of bringing up the issue was to find Arachir's non-save compatible fix he mentioned, but I appreciate the informative help you've given.

Also I've tried the "toggle_fow" and it didn't work, but that's also after I used "surrender_factions" so I will experiment with the conditions of the game (ex: If I own Barad-dur or not) to see if anything works. Again, it's not the generic "medieval 2 has stopped working" crash, it specifically said it was a "runtime" issue, which I've never seen before.

Hmm...I have no clue about Arachir´s non-save compatible fix, the talks about that must have taken place while I had other things to do in my life than playing DaC or stalking its forum.

Is there anything on your error-log? A real runtime error, this is getting interesting...