Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Version 0.51 Released

I've been playing a good Isengard campaign which is pretty fun. Almost wiped out Dunland who've made gains against Bree. I'll then switch my attention to Enedwaith to take some pressure off Gondor. I do want the ring, but I don't really want to backstab someone to do it so I'm still thinking on that one.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Walk New Lands
    . 4.4 Unofficial Patch! - Enjoy the epic battles available within the new custom settlements provided by leo.civil.uefs!
    Included Sub-Mods Credits:
    leo.civil.uefs and team - 4.4 Unofficial Patch
    So, it was not upgraded to the 4.8 Alternative Patch?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-FAQ-PLEASE%29

Quote Originally Posted by Martinskyboy View Post
    This mod try to be as much close to middle-earth universe lore, so it almost good-against bad factions,
    Is that true so? I may have missed an alliance submod in the list.
    Why I don't play ThirdAge much is when I see "HighElves raping Hobbits" as I says.

Realm of the Galadhrim:
    Gurdhinen
    Rangers of Lothlorien
    Thanks, I had often ask for those kind of units: dualwield or hide-everywhere.
    I must find back my posts. I had ask too an "heavy ranger" for Galadhrim, IIRC, learned the hard way difficulty to battle out their forest and the need of heavier protection. So I imagined some rare units of Rangers with scalemail.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - New Version 0.5 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Okay, don't leave taxes on low, with the same governor in charge, for more than four turns in a row. Regularly move your governors & generals. Leaving them idle (with 100% movement points at end turn) gives chances of bad traits (I've had generals get the Lazy trait while besieging a city). I try to make it a habit to rotate all my governors every fifth turn. And if I am looking at a particular city during the turn, I will move the governor in and out of it. Or try to do things that get the anti-trait to the negative trait, eg the anti-traits to Corrupt are Upright and Loyal, using characters with those traits makes it more difficult to get the bad traits (look over Salisian's trait guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/931592-me...war/faqs/50116 )
    Eventually you may have a lot of generals and governors, however, and then it becomes a pain (if I end up with too many, I start killing off the less important (i.e. those with too many bad traits or those that are not actually part of the bloodline), and you just gotta live with it, and focus on a few major ones.
    Perhaps bad form to be responding to myself here, but I have been doing an Erebor campaign, and despite moving my generals/governors around with great regularity they are continually ending up with the Slothful/BadDisciplinarian/Drink traits (even when those that have had the Energetic/Disciplinarian traits in previous turns, for some reason).
    That got me to thinking, in Vanilla M2, as with DaC, the trigger checks happen every turn, but every turn is two years. In the mod you have eight times as many chances to get the bad traits.

Guerio86's Avatar Laetus
    Eurasia, Europe side of that huge continent.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - New Version 0.5 Released

Greetings fellow players!
    I have a question.
    It is about the Money Script. I'm trying to modify it. But the script of this later patch is really not clear. I'm getting lost.
    In vanilla the script was very simple. And it's actually the first time I try to modify it in DAC.
    I'm tired of giving out money to enemies and friends. (blablabla)

Here's what I'm chattering about : In Data/ImperialCampaign

########################## Script: Money ############################

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType sicily
    and Treasury <= -1
    if I_LocalFaction sicily
    terminate_monitor
    end_if
    add_money sicily -2147483647
    add_money sicily 2147483647
    add_money sicily 501
    end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType denmark
    and Treasury <= -1
    if I_LocalFaction denmark
    terminate_monitor
    end_if
    add_money denmark -2147483647
    add_money denmark 2147483647
    add_money denmark 501
    end_monitor
    What is that huge sum ? 2147483647 ? Its looks like geberrish, so if the faction has minus 1 money, they get 501 money? And/or if they go above 2147483647 they get the same amount removed?
    As some know it looked simplier in vanilla. So I need help.

Another Question, where can I find the whole General list? in the Traits folder I can find a couple. But I wish to modify Umbar/Khand/Rhun general traits. (And who are the BadMen?)
    Thank you in Advance

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    I've been playing a good Isengard campaign which is pretty fun. Almost wiped out Dunland who've made gains against Bree. I'll then switch my attention to Enedwaith to take some pressure off Gondor. I do want the ring, but I don't really want to backstab someone to do it so I'm still thinking on that one.
    I'm playing Isengard also and have a few question on your campaign. Did you take out Rohan first? Did you fight the Ents at Isengard?

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dog View Post
    I'm playing Isengard also and have a few question on your campaign. Did you take out Rohan first? Did you fight the Ents at Isengard?
    No I'm playing Hard/Hard and the first thing I done was broke my alliance with Dunland and improved relations with Rohan. While plugging the ford of Isen to prevent any immediate attacks. I simply stayed in my keep and built up my economy sacrificing all non-essential units. Once I had enough cash my reputation had improved enough to automatically maintain my Rohan and Gondor alliance, I then went to war with Dunland taking almost all their provinces before vassallising them. At this point Enedwaith tried to take their last province which I rescued them from and wiped out Enedwaith from almost all their provinces. I now control all of Isen and can amass huge funds. The ents have just attacked, but I have half a professional army including a Troll, although the game did crash when I went into battle.

the next step for me is to take the fight in the East and begin beating back Mordor with Rohan and Gondor as Minis Tirith has already fallen. The good factions will declare war on me once I have the ring, but I kind of want that to happen so we can have an epic showdown.

Libertus

No I'm playing Hard/Hard and the first thing I done was broke my alliance with Dunland and improved relations with Rohan. While plugging the ford of Isen to prevent any immediate attacks. I simply stayed in my keep and built up my economy sacrificing all non-essential units. Once I had enough cash my reputation had improved enough to automatically maintain my Rohan and Gondor alliance, I then went to war with Dunland taking almost all their provinces before vassallising them. At this point Enedwaith tried to take their last province which I rescued them from and wiped out Enedwaith from almost all their provinces. I now control all of Isen and can amass huge funds. The ents have just attacked, but I have half a professional army including a Troll, although the game did crash when I went into battle.

the next step for me is to take the fight in the East and begin beating back Mordor with Rohan and Gondor as Minis Tirith has already fallen. The good factions will declare war on me once I have the ring, but I kind of want that to happen so we can have an epic showdown.

I went the opposite way and stayed loyal to Dunland. I quickly took both rebel settlements and worked on cash flow. I then built ballista and put a good army at the ford and waited for Rohan. They did arrive and often my ballista ripped them apart. Foldburg fell first then Hornburg and the settlement to the south (not sure of name). Mordor took the rest and with them as allies I turning east to Endwaith.

I swear that at one point Legolas had his own game map character like a lot of the other big name character but now he doesn't in my game. Has he ever in DaC or was it some other version that he did.

This was probably the strangest ND campaign (H/H) I've ever played. Angmar never attacked Fornost - instead, I guess they went after the dwarves through bar-i-donyonach as I noticed later that the Dwarves never took Ost Gelon and that the Elves took it from Angmar. Around turn 30 they blitzed Annuminas with almost 2 stacks. While that was going on, I had recruited armies from Amon Sul and Fennas Drunin at the beginning, and had them slowly conquer Angmar from the south - relatively unopposed. In the end, Angmar had its 'high chieftain' trapped in Annuminas and had Carn Dum. After taking Carn Dum and killing their faction leader, the "revenge stack" spawned and started to move towards Litash. Luckily, Gandalf had just taken Angsul, and I was able to seige and take Carn Dum just as the revenge stack seiged Cirith Forven (Litash renamed). So Angmar is destroyed, but now I have an uber rebel stack outside of Cirith Forven... Usually I have the Army of the Dead when I destroy Angmar, so that I can take out the revenge stack with one unit, and send the other two to Goblin Town or something like that, but this Campaign I decided not to get them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Angmar death stack.jpg  

Hello,
    I'm new to the forum so I want to start thanking the modders who made a truly amazing job!
    I just have a noob question: I tried to mess around the descr_strat file in order to edit diplomatic standings and armies at the start, but when I start a campaign nothing happens though the changes in the file are still there. The strange thing is that I could manage to edit successfully various things for the galadhrim faction, where I seem to fail for all other factions!
    Thanks in advance

Hmmm use Notepad++ this time to edit the file, and edit it as an administrator too lol. Download the version your laptop/computer is compatible with here https://notepad-plus-plus.org/. BTW does anyone know how to reply directly to someone and their comment, because I have done it before but no longer can't thx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dog View Post
    I went the opposite way and stayed loyal to Dunland. I quickly took both rebel settlements and worked on cash flow. I then built ballista and put a good army at the ford and waited for Rohan. They did arrive and often my ballista ripped them apart. Foldburg fell first then Hornburg and the settlement to the south (not sure of name). Mordor took the rest and with them as allies I turning east to Endwaith.
    Well the thing is I think a semi-good Isengard would look to conquer all of Isen and then use that mass industry to strengthen the fight against Mordor. The Ents being pissed off and attacking is understandable and I'm not sure the factions of Middle-Earth would care much for it. Not sure I can wipe out Rohan and then ally with all the good factions, it's not very RP friendly for me.

I think the original post needs updating to enter all the specific details regarding the one-ring and the potential outcomes and playing as Aragorn and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by wobertyteh View Post
    Hmmm use Notepad++ this time to edit the file, and edit it as an administrator too lol. Download the version your laptop/computer is compatible with here https://notepad-plus-plus.org/. BTW does anyone know how to reply directly to someone and their comment, because I have done it before but no longer can't thx in advance.
    Already did that and still didn't work :/

Sean_T_'s Avatar Laetus

. Isengard Nazg-hai/Banner Carriers/Captains - Appear to have missing/see-through texture around their shoulders. It's more noticeable while they're fighting. This might be the happening to other units too.
    . Faction Names - Some faction names are incorrect and have a capital 'O' instead of a lowercase 'o'. For example, Kingdom Of Gondor should be changed to Kingdom of Gondor.
    . Shadow of Mirkwood - SoM's faction symbol doesn't flash white in the faction box while selecting SoM on the custom battle faction selection screen.
    . Custom Battle Bug - Selecting a settlement level will crash the game.
    . Title Screen Crash - Switching from custom battle to campaign or campaign to custom battle will crash the game.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

For the settlement bug, chose fort first, then culture, then youre free to select anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli's Axe View Post
    Hello,
    I'm new to the forum so I want to start thanking the modders who made a truly amazing job!
    I just have a noob question: I tried to mess around the descr_strat file in order to edit diplomatic standings and armies at the start, but when I start a campaign nothing happens though the changes in the file are still there. The strange thing is that I could manage to edit successfully various things for the galadhrim faction, where I seem to fail for all other factions!
    Thanks in advance
    After editing the DS you will need to go to world/maps/base and delete the map.rwm. Then start a new campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    After editing the DS you will need to go to world/maps/base and delete the map.rwm. Then start a new campaign.
    I did look for that, but map.rwm wasn't there in the first place..

Anyway that's not that big deal, I really do enjoy this mod as it is, just wanted to mess around a little bit

Well the thing is I think a semi-good Isengard would look to conquer all of Isen and then use that mass industry to strengthen the fight against Mordor. The Ents being pissed off and attacking is understandable and I'm not sure the factions of Middle-Earth would care much for it. Not sure I can wipe out Rohan and then ally with all the good factions, it's not very RP friendly for me.

I think the original post needs updating to enter all the specific details regarding the one-ring and the potential outcomes and playing as Aragorn and so on.
    You can't wipe out Rohan but you can take most of their land and get them to peace out. They'll even keep it if you're much stronger than them. From there you can ally with the good guys alright. Might take some bribery.

At turn 114 with Dol Guldur on VH/VH and have eliminated Anduin, Lorien, and Mirkwood. I control 25 provinces and am unsure if I'll continue to play. This campaign was incredibly fun and quite dicey at times. I started off by sending 1 Nazgul East to take the 2 rebel settlements and then south to take the castle bordering Mordor. I sent another Nazgul to take the nearby village southwest and then to head north to attack Anduin, and sent the 3rd to head north up the forest.

I had very little resistance through the forest but timed expansion there as I expanded through Anduin to keep a consistent border so Anduin couldn't backdoor me. I learned the hard way how insanely powerful Skin Changers are by losing Khamul early while taking Rhosgobel. I frontal charged a crappy unit but didn't notice the Skin Changers intermixed. The charge was wonky because of some oddities on that map and next thing I knew about half my bodyguard dropped including Khamul...oops! Later on vs the Anduin doomstack, Khamul once again perished in 1 on 1 combat against the last Skin Changer haha! Those 2 were the only 2 soldiers on either side.

One interesting point was my eastern front was constantly barraged by Dorwinion. I had to move a non-Nazgul general over there to combat them to a stalemate because I didn't have the resources to push them. Another was the constant border skirmishes with Lorien. I followed the same strategy here. For both, I abused Wargs. The rabble would charge and pin and the wargs would rear charge and archer charge. It was the most challenging pre-barracks when I didn't push further into Mirkwood because they were down to 3 settlements (2 starting and one to the east of Mirkwood in the grassland. I didn't want to touch that because it would open the can of worms known as Dale. Also, the elven doomstacks would give more grief than I could manage without losing settlements. I therefore had to manage multiple fronts as stalemates while I cleaned up Anduin.

Once I took Seleburg, I took Taur Phillin though. I also called an invasion on Caras Galadhon and took that around turn 90. I proceeded up the river to kill the people of the vale and then headed back south to wipe them out.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing an orc faction that had solid archers in the shadowbows and rangers. Unflanked pikes can take on elves quite effectively while you rear charge with trolls and wargs as well. Pre-barracks was rough as my armies top units were blademasters and uruk archers supported by garbage rabble. The MVP unit was probably the lowest tier archer with the 2 arrow attack though. I churned out those guys like butter and with such huge numbers they could easily kill their cost/upkeep's worth. I fought and lost several battles against elves in order to keep their army numbers low at times as well. I find with the elves that you can get into serious trouble if they can field large numbers against you...no duh, I know!

I have a couple questions:
    *How do I change the bodyguard to the faction leader? I would like the Ered Luin faction leader to have the Bronze Guard or the Golden Hammerguard as his bodyguard.
    *I see that the Ered Luin faction leader has a Mithril armour as ancillary. Can that ancillary be obtained by other generals by being governor in Moria?