Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Version 0.51 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Norkus View Post
    Me too! I can't launch DAC from Steam any longer (I'm on 0.5)

Is there a solution to this?
    I'm guessing Steam changed something regarding old kingdoms.exe again.. Try the old method with renaming one of your kingdoms campaign folders (Americas to old_Americas) and Third_Age_3 to Americas. Launch Americas from your Steam and you should start playing DAC again.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Jarl Bread Maker's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    I'm guessing Steam changed something regarding old kingdoms.exe again.. Try the old method with renaming one of your kingdoms campaign folders (Americas to old_Americas) and Third_Age_3 to Americas. Launch Americas from your Steam and you should start playing DAC again.
    I fact, I'd honestly recommend this with any start up issues, when I had issues with 0.5 I did this and worked fine (the real problem was that launching using Third Age mixed 0.4 and 0.5 together).
    Jarl Bread Maker | Gamer | Streamer | Bread Maker | Tester | New Zealander
    Twitter for streams and other thingys https://twitter.com/JarlBreadMaker
    Catch Streams here https://www.twitch.tv/jarlbreadmaker

Dunland campaign playthrough still going nicely. v0.51 VH/VH. Check it out!
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...frufP-RmmES_T6

Quick question about a feature in Divide and Conquer 5.1

At the beginning of the Mordor Campaign I get a message named: The Tribes.

In this Mesage it talks about old dark alliances which cause Harad, Rhun, the SOutrhons (and i think some other evil faction) to send armies to your aid as long as you control the black gate and Barad Dur.

I saw that I can recruit units from these factions from the Back gate and Barad Dur, however will these factions also send me free troops? Or can I only get them by recruiting them?

Treaper's Avatar Miles

You will not get armies, you can only recruit few units.

All right, I will try this out. Many thanks!

Anyone know a good strategy for defeating Mordor as Gondor for Dac?

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Rush them as quick as possible and it will be easy.

Arodi's Avatar Libertus

I wonder why Edhellond comes without a port? Didnt the elves have a port there?

Hey guys, I'd just like to thank you for making this mod, throughly enjoying it so far.

Am on my first playthrough as Lothlorien. Near the end now at turn 354 or so. One question, I used the console to transport my army to Umbar to get the One ring (the message appeared around turn 347). I had to teleport them in because they were just too far away and I couldn't be bothered fighting all the way down south. I've conquered it but did not get the One Ring in my General's retinue, waited till the next turn hoping to get the message but nothing happened either. Any ideas what happened there? It probably shouldn't be because his retinue is maxed out at 8, is it? I have a sneaking suspicion it's because the general that has it moved out of Umbar before I conqered it.

Alright turns out I just have to wait 2-3 turns to get it. derp. sorry for that. A few more questions!

1. sometimes diplomats of other factions initiate diplomacy during their turn (they do the bowing and extending their hand thing) but no scroll actually opens up for me. whats up with that?

2. Any ways to deal with assassins from Umbar? it seems there's nothing I can do at all.

3. I've taken over every settlement Mordor had but they're not destroyed yet. do I just need to destroy the one ring in order to destroy their faction? Dol Amroth is currently their vassal =/ wanted to liberate them and ask them to help me fight Umbar but it's taking ages!

Quote Originally Posted by Prime6671 View Post
    Alright turns out I just have to wait 2-3 turns to get it. derp. sorry for that. A few more questions!

1. sometimes diplomats of other factions initiate diplomacy during their turn (they do the bowing and extending their hand thing) but no scroll actually opens up for me. whats up with that?

2. Any ways to deal with assassins from Umbar? it seems there's nothing I can do at all.

3. I've taken over every settlement Mordor had but they're not destroyed yet. do I just need to destroy the one ring in order to destroy their faction? Dol Amroth is currently their vassal =/ wanted to liberate them and ask them to help me fight Umbar but it's taking ages!
    1) No idea, it used to happen to me in the base game and Third Age as well. My guess is that it is the diplomat trying to bribe your settlement.
    2) You can surround assassins and that kills them. Of course you have to find them first but once you do you just need to put a single battalion of any type of unit on all 8 squares surrounding the assassin. Then move a ninth battalion onto the assassin and this kills him.
    3) You need to destroy the ring to destroy Mordor.

This worked! You're the best! :-)

Vlcysko's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Norkus View Post
    This worked! You're the best! :-)
    Hmmm ... It worked to the point that I can select a faction, I can see intro and when loading screens appear ir crashes anyway.

Any ideas??

Was the Balrog removed when playing as OotMM? He's not in custom battles. Same question for Sauron.

Arodi's Avatar Libertus

I'm into turn 49 now with Dol Amroth and absolutely loving it. Huge compliments for this mod! I've played as Dale, Rohan, Thranduil, Erebor, Northern Dunedain and Khazad Dum, but now very much loving the heavy cav generals of Dol Amroth. Just so looking forward to the barracks event, which has happened for me when playing other factions, but so far yet to happen on Dol Amroth. Is there a difference to around which turn this happens in between factions? As it used to come around turn 40. Thanks for this DAC sweetness regardless though. Also very much enjoying all the stuff that's up on YouTube.

Edit: I clicked the end turn button a dozen times just to see if it would happen later and indeed at turn 61 the barracks event was there. So nothing wrong with the game Once again props to all mods who worked on DAC
    Last edited by Arodi; October 13, 2015 at 09:26 AM.

I have a question about Fangorn:

Does Fangorn always stay as a village? If so, is there any way I can change it's culture since it doesn't seem I can build temples at a village?

Barrack event is always at turn 60

Quote Originally Posted by Prime6671 View Post

Factions which send those diplomats wants make war with you. (according "original Rome total war's" advice-guy)

Arodi's Avatar Libertus

I have another question about Fangorn: playing as Dol Amroth, they seem to hate my guts, while I never did them any harm in any way. The relation just goes sour over the turns. Is there any reason to that, since we're both 'good' factions? I have a trade relation with them, usually that gradually improves the relations? Treebeard, funny guy...