Page 31 of 506 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637383940415681131 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.31 - First Hotfix Released

[QUOTE= Make sure you ran the cleaner and make sure you have disabled UAC and deleted your virtual store and if it still doesn't work then report back.[/QUOTE]

tried doing that and the game still crashes instantly on startup. is there any other way to fix the problem?

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.31 - First Hotfix Released

What are the chances of adding a Lossoth AOR unit added at some point? Fairly light skirmishers, handy in running down various Snaga.
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam

Hummingbird let's be honest : I really don't like the Glittering Caves Guards

Haha, that's quite all right it's a fair comment. When we got the idea to spice up their look with some Rohan-themed accessories I knew that it might be a little... controversial. If the reception is too negative they may be removed, perhaps switched out for an existing unit from Erebor or Ered Luin's line up or some such. But I'll wait and see for now.
    Last edited by Hummingbird; October 26, 2014 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    Haha, that's quite all right it's a fair comment. When we got the idea to spice up their look with some Rohan-themed accessories I knew that it might be a little... controversial. If the reception is too negative they may be removed, perhaps switched out for an existing unit from Erebor or Ered Luin's line up or some such. But I'll wait and see for now.
    Mate I'm a total Dwarf mark - you could add as many units as you like as far as I'm concerned!

Any chance of a 'Blacksmiths of Khazad-Dum' for the DOK? A light infantry unit similar to the Forgers and Miners of the other two Dwarven factions?
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam

Arachir, I love what you have done with the palantirs ! Well thought !
    I also like the fact that it is easier to build forges. I always found the old system was not "practical"
    The balance seems nice for the moment. Maybe Dale is too powerfull. I think that's because they have no contiguous ennemies (they always advance in the Forest to fight Dol Guldur)
    And I want to give you (the men you did it) a special mention for the Dol Amroth and Dwarves units. They look perfect now !!!

Thank you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Honiara View Post
    After having another look it is not the invasion taking dale it is the death of a no name umbar general that causes the crash. Anyway to fix it?
    Hmmm, are you playing 0.31? All you can do is build attack them yourself, auto-win it through auto-resolve and that should kill him and move it on fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerva View Post
    The SoM ones are returning with orc bodyguards, though they still retain their special power, however for some reason they have stoped respawning in my game
    The script is beyond my knowledge but I will try and see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSauron1994 View Post
    tried doing that and the game still crashes instantly on startup. is there any other way to fix the problem?
    If UAC has been disabled and the virtual store deleted and the cleaner has been run then it is a corrupt download and or installation or it is installed in the wrong place. Also, always run installations as administrator. There is very little else it could be as exactly 1500 people have downloaded 0.31 and so far only 3 have reported it crashing at start-up. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BKB View Post
    What are the chances of adding a Lossoth AOR unit added at some point? Fairly light skirmishers, handy in running down various Snaga.
    Very unlikely I am afraid, the Lossoth wouldn't willingly leave their homeland and fight for anyone and they are so few and far between that one unit of them would most likely amount to their entire population.

Quote Originally Posted by malwabar View Post
    Arachir, I love what you have done with the palantirs ! Well thought !
    I also like the fact that it is easier to build forges. I always found the old system was not "practical"
    The balance seems nice for the moment. Maybe Dale is too powerfull. I think that's because they have no contiguous ennemies (they always advance in the Forest to fight Dol Guldur)
    And I want to give you (the men you did it) a special mention for the Dol Amroth and Dwarves units. They look perfect now !!!

Thank you guys
    Thank you very much, which Palantir did you capture and who were you playing as?
    It is Zarathos who did almost all of Dol Amroth with Emperor of Hell doing the Tirith Aear units and Hummingbird doing the White Knights body.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Thank you very much, which Palantir did you capture and who were you playing as?
    It is Zarathos who did almost all of Dol Amroth with Emperor of Hell doing the Tirith Aear units and Hummingbird doing the White Knights body.
    Lol in fact I was just playing as Isengard but I'm sure you've done something well when the dwarves catch a Palantir What I meant was that it was a very good idea to reuse the palantir instead letting them useless

Congratulations to them, I think the DA and Dwarves units are the most beautiful of the game.

Hi guys
    The cheat add population works but only with the settlments with one name
    for instance "add_population Erech 200" works perfectly but when I try "add_population Western Osgiliath" it shows me an error.
    any advice?

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Yea, put the 2 words of a city name between "", like "Minas Tirith".

Quote Originally Posted by Roka1 View Post
    Hi guys
    The cheat add population works but only with the settlments with one name
    for instance "add_population Erech 200" works perfectly but when I try "add_population Western Osgiliath" it shows me an error.
    any advice?
    You have to write the name in brackets:
    add_population 4000 "Western Osgiliath"
    or rename it.

You will have to rename any town with an accent or circumflex in the name because you cannot write those in the console.

Thanks guys. Will try it in a minute :-)
    Hope Im not annoying but do you know any way possible to check the difficulty of the game wich you are playing ingame?
    Since I have started and played a lot of different factions I forgget with some of them wich difficulty did I chose at the start

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

So yeah I had to restart my Shadow of Mirkwood campaign and so far I've kept my nazgul alive, however, I was thinking maybe they could get an armoured Warg Rider unit for after the military event so that you arent that dependant of your Nazguls and well, to make the faction more unique?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    You have to write the name in brackets:
    add_population 4000 "Western Osgiliath"
    or rename it.

You will have to rename any town with an accent or circumflex in the name because you cannot write those in the console.
    Actually you can with the windows alt codes For instance holding alt and typing 0251 gives û. Though renaming might be faster because mostly you will need to look up these alt codes.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentHitman94 View Post
    Actually you can with the windows alt codes For instance holding alt and typing 0251 gives û. Though renaming might be faster because mostly you will need to look up these alt codes.
    Try typing one of those codes in the console and then get back to me.

Arachir it works perfectly,just use the left alt and the NumPad

Here is a link to unique windows letters http://symbolcodes.tlt.psu.edu/accents/codealt.html.

Hahahaha, well I feel foolish.

SuljicDamir's Avatar Civis

Hi all , i have a question why Edhellond does not have a Shipyard "dock" it is a Elf-Haven until they sailed for Valinor ?

Further testing of Remnants of Angmar shows that even with my village pop buffs and increasing their King's Purse from 1750 gold to 2500 gold, by turn 55 they just have way too many enemies coming from every direction. They just suffer from such garbage settlements compared to the number of enemies that they have to face past turn 50, that the campaign just feels unwinnable without cheats. On my current game turn 55, Dwarves of Ered Luin have two 3/4 stacks attacking my western settlements, the Dwarves of Erebor have a half stack attacking Litash, the Dunedain still hold Fornost Erain and half a half stack of Dunedain Rangers protecting it, and the Bree/Shire have a full stack attacking Annuminas. I am playing on VH/VH and I have played almost every faction except the Elves, but RoA are surrounded by the second most amount of enemies(the first being OotMM). Unlike the OotMM, they don't have a bunch of high pop, rich mining cities, with big walls and start with lots of armies. The RoA does have an easier early game than the OotMM, but once again, their starting settlements are too poor and all those they can cpature are too far apart and have too little money. I don't want to turn them into big cities since that would really kill canon, but I do feel something else needs to be done for them, so that past turn 50 they can withstand having multiple enemies attacking from every direction. Maybe add rich gold mines to Carn Dum? Or make Litash into a larger castle so it can better defend form the post turn 50 stacks coming form Erebor? Any thoughts on how to better balance this faction?