Thread: This is not a very good mod

Default This is not a very good mod

Darthmod is usually excellent in every TW game I've played, but I'm really disappointed in the Shogun 2 mod.

For starters, naval battles are completely broken. The AI will often build only bow kobaya and promptly sail them directly to the edge of the map and stay there. Often times, they'll get stock on rocks or sand dunes. This is completely broken.

In addition, the turn radius on a lot of ships is awful and way worse than vanilla. It takes sometimes 5-10 real minutes for a heavy bune to line up with another ship to board it, sailing around in awkward circles while it tries to properly line up to the position to board. It's easier for pandas to mate.

Cannon on ships have way too large a spray, resulting in hilarious instances in which Nanban trade ships miss at point blank range. Why are cannons so bad on ships? This is neither realistic nor good gameplay balance.

I now dread naval fights. They take forever and are completely broken. The computer cheats as well, using fire during rain storms while your own navy cannot do the same. Is there a way to turn the naval changes off for this mod?

As for the AI in campaign mode, it's not more difficult, it's just way more tedious. The computer abuses ninja, metsuke, and monks like crazy, but the worst is how the AI will march multiple, fullstack armies into your territory, then cheat by having every unit enter the battlefield at once. If only I could do that! I'd love to have 40 naginata samurai units in a siege.

I appreciate people taking their time to try to improve the game, but I am really baffled by this mod.

Artifex

Default Re: This is not a very good mod

Quote Originally Posted by Pooparu View Post
    For starters, naval battles are completely broken. The AI will often build only bow kobaya and promptly sail them directly to the edge of the map and stay there. Often times, they'll get stock on rocks or sand dunes. This is completely broken.
    It might be possible to solve this by reworking unit qualities and CAI.

In addition, the turn radius on a lot of ships is awful and way worse than vanilla. It takes sometimes 5-10 real minutes for a heavy bune to line up with another ship to board it, sailing around in awkward circles while it tries to properly line up to the position to board. It's easier for pandas to mate.
    Well, rowing ships are not steamboats.

Cannon on ships have way too large a spray, resulting in hilarious instances in which Nanban trade ships miss at point blank range. Why are cannons so bad on ships? This is neither realistic nor good gameplay balance.
    If you value realism, then you should try one of the realism mods. Otherwise, you can fix the cannons by decreasing projectile spread. DarthMod is known for its high spread values.

I now dread naval fights. They take forever and are completely broken. The computer cheats as well, using fire during rain storms while your own navy cannot do the same. Is there a way to turn the naval changes off for this mod?
    You can get rid of naval additions by modding them out. It might be a bit tedious though.

As for the AI in campaign mode, it's not more difficult, it's just way more tedious.
    Since Shogun II, it's not possible anymore to fix the AI, so what did you expect? Besides, instead of programming a proper AI, CA prefers to add lots of cheats to the game.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Since Shogun II, it's not possible anymore to fix the AI, so what did you expect? Besides, instead of programming a proper AI, CA prefers to add lots of cheats to the game.
    Depends on what situation,proper use of cheat will result better gameplay.Because ai technicaly not capable to beat human in fair situation since we can alway exploit this and that

For starters, naval battles are completely broken.
    Darth only change cai behaviour recruitment, CA make the naval battles become broken after ottomo dlc patch and till now it cant be fixed. Even if you fix the stats its not help much.The reason why they only build kobaya, because its value more higher so ai will favour spam recruit them.

As for the AI in campaign mode, it's not more difficult, it's just way more tedious. The computer abuses ninja, metsuke, and monks like crazy
    Yes that why i implement 1 metsuke,1 ninja, 1 geisha and 1 monk/priest system despite how many province you have.So its clearly more better situation since you cant spam the ability + the ai not doing the same.

but the worst is how the AI will march multiple, fullstack armies into your territory, then cheat by having every unit enter the battlefield at once. If only I could do that! I'd love to have 40 naginata samurai units in a siege.
    I am not defend Darth but when he make Darth mods the dynamic unit cap system still not exist or not popular, because AI can spam unit unlimited and money is easy to gain this is the result,you cant entirely blame him anyway since when he make its there is no fix for this problem.Now the problem is solved by dynamic unit cap, where both ai and human cant spam unit but not stupid artifical made(as your kingdom expand so did total number your army can recruit), but its make the new problem arise, you can try shogun 2 total realism its already contain dynamic cap version, or you can try mine.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Destin Faroda View Post
    I did not know this. Why is CA being such jerks?

Quote Originally Posted by junaidi83 View Post
    Darth only change cai behaviour recruitment, CA make the naval battles become broken after ottomo dlc patch and till now it cant be fixed. Even if you fix the stats its not help much.The reason why they only build kobaya, because its value more higher so ai will favour spam recruit them.

Yes that why i implement 1 metsuke,1 ninja, 1 geisha and 1 monk/priest system despite how many province you have.So its clearly more better situation since you cant spam the ability + the ai not doing the same.
    I didn't know CA broke the navies. I played Shogun at release, then came back to it recently and installed Darth, so that's why I thought Darth broke the navy pathing. What is weird is how many ships are now completely worthless because they just circle and end up stock on rocks.

When the Shogun declared war against me, every CPU player sent their agents into my territory, so yeah it's ridiculous how many ninja and monks caused entire provinces to rebel. Really gamebreaking. I'm disappointed in CA.

I will try other mods out!

Quote Originally Posted by junaidi83 View Post
    CA make the naval battles become broken after ottomo dlc patch and till now it cant be fixed. Even if you fix the stats its not help much.The reason why they only build kobaya, because its value more higher so ai will favour spam recruit them.
    I'm playing TROM3 and the naval side is working perfectly -- the AI is recruiting tough navies and making me fight to keep my trade lanes open.

I appreciate this OP. Good post + rep